Author Topic: New Kurupt Track: "Gangsta" [AUDIO] Not your typical Kurupt Track  (Read 1507 times)

boycriedwolf

Re: New Kurupt Track: "Gangsta" [AUDIO] Not your typical Kurupt Track
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
some real shit but at the end of the day honestly speakin (no hate, not takin sides)
kurupt could and prolly to this day will murder soopafly lyrically let alone daz, bad azz, and snoopy collins!
not hatin on soopafly or anyone but lyically kuurpt eats muthafuckas up.  that talkin bout riccy wasnt that good IMO and wasnt near to hurtin kurupt.  by not releasin a heater soopafly made himself look bad, cuz no vaseline is str8 heat and gots to be one of the best if not the best diss tracc for that era and this era period! 

Props for keeping this discussion civilized...it's cool to disagree.  Actually, I agree that lyrically, the kurupt of old (and maybe new now) is probaby a little better than Fly, simply because Fly isn't know for being overly lyrical, he's known for coming hard on hoes, which Soopa does better than anyone.  Kurupt spends 2-3 hours in the studio with a pen and paper trying to think of words that rhyme with "terradactyl" and "thunderdome".  And that's cool, that's what he does.  But Soopafly doesn't have time to sit there and think of all these complex rhymes.  He's out in the streets slapping his hoes around who tried to hold back more than the 10% of their money.  By the time he gets done checking all his hoes, he's gotta rush to the studio and just drop a rhyme off the top of his head, so he's at a slight disadvantage there.

Also, for the record, No Vaseline 2 was never officially released either, as most people outside the internet have never heard of that song.  But I think Soopafly didn't officially release his song because he didn't want to give kurupt any more exposure.  The song was directed at Kurupt, and he heard it, and that was all Fly cared about at the time.

But in an actual fight, Fly would woop on kurupt, for real, i know he would...unless kurupt was strung out on drugs that day, because those crack fiends seem like they are invincible sometimes.

I wish that Soopafly did pimp slap Kurupt and break his jaw so we wouldnt be subjected to his wack ass rapping the last 10 years

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42:54 AM »
I imagine he did behind the scenes.  I mean, Kurupt must have had to do something to get back into the good graces of the DPG.  I imagine they all beat him back into the gang like they do on the streets.  Fly probably pimp slapped him a few times, but Daz asked him to go easy on him, since Daz needed kurupt's jaw intact to rush and record a new Dogg Pound album.  So Fly probably held back a ton due to a favor for Daz.  He most likely just fractured the jaw or bruised it real badly for about a week.  After Fly pimp slapped him and kurupt was down and out, Snoop came over a kicked him a few times.  Snoop was too afraid to do anything until Fly knocked him out, but Soopa was holding back, as his diamond plated pimp hands would have knocked kurupt's jaw clean off.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:47:12 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

boycriedwolf

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »
I imagine he did behind the scenes.  I mean, Kurupt must have had to do something to get back into the good graces of the DPG.  I imagine they all beat him back into the gang like they do on the streets.  Fly probably pimp slapped him a few times, but Daz asked him to go easy on him, since Daz needed kurupt's jaw intact to rush and record a new Dogg Pound album.  So Fly probably held back a ton due to a favor for Daz.  He most likely just fractured the jaw or bruised it real badly for about a week.  After Fly pimp slapped him and kurupt was down and out, Snoop came over a kicked him a few times.  Snoop was too afraid to do anything until Fly knocked him out, but Soopa was holding back, as his diamond plated pimp hands would have knocked kurupt's jaw clean off.

that is some funny ass shit ;D I don't doubt for a minute that it went down like that too, Fly is definitely that dude that is keeping that group alive, he even ghostproduced alot of Death Row tracks that were credited to Daz and Dre

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2008, 10:55:44 AM »

I don't doubt for a minute that it went down like that too, Fly is definitely that dude that is keeping that group alive, he even ghostproduced alot of Death Row tracks that were credited to Daz and Dre

That's real talk...he was the glue of Death Row records back in the late 90's....you know what you're talking about.  Looks like you have a great knowledge of the Westcoast.  I know Dre and Daz took credit for Fly's stuff back then...but Fly's a humble man, so he let it slide.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
yeah no vaseline part 2 isnt known or out there that much as other diss traccs but its mos def the best that kurupt did in that war they had.  and its not about pimpin, its about whos the best lyrical monster, that would be kurupt!

dont get it twisted:
kurupt>>>>snoop dogg at his best
kurupt>>>>daz (by far)
kurupt>>>soopafly
soopafly>>>daz
snoop dogg>>>>daz
soopafly and snoop dogg are bout the same!!
but lyrically I dont think noone can come close to kurupts lyrical verbal on-slaughter injuries!

if soopafly, daz, bad azz, or others could have they prolly would have.  but we gotta be honest and real,
the gotta adofl hitler bin laden etc..........is a monster on the mic.  and im not that much of a kurupt fan and IMO he hasnt put out heat in a while.

but that no vaseline part 2, murder mayhem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some real shit but at the end of the day honestly speakin (no hate, not takin sides)
kurupt could and prolly to this day will murder soopafly lyrically let alone daz, bad azz, and snoopy collins!
not hatin on soopafly or anyone but lyically kuurpt eats muthafuckas up.  that talkin bout riccy wasnt that good IMO and wasnt near to hurtin kurupt.  by not releasin a heater soopafly made himself look bad, cuz no vaseline is str8 heat and gots to be one of the best if not the best diss tracc for that era and this era period! 

Props for keeping this discussion civilized...it's cool to disagree.  Actually, I agree that lyrically, the kurupt of old (and maybe new now) is probaby a little better than Fly, simply because Fly isn't know for being overly lyrical, he's known for coming hard on hoes, which Soopa does better than anyone.  Kurupt spends 2-3 hours in the studio with a pen and paper trying to think of words that rhyme with "terradactyl" and "thunderdome".  And that's cool, that's what he does.  But Soopafly doesn't have time to sit there and think of all these complex rhymes.  He's out in the streets slapping his hoes around who tried to hold back more than the 10% of their money.  By the time he gets done checking all his hoes, he's gotta rush to the studio and just drop a rhyme off the top of his head, so he's at a slight disadvantage there.

Also, for the record, No Vaseline 2 was never officially released either, as most people outside the internet have never heard of that song.  But I think Soopafly didn't officially release his song because he didn't want to give kurupt any more exposure.  The song was directed at Kurupt, and he heard it, and that was all Fly cared about at the time.

But in an actual fight, Fly would woop on kurupt, for real, i know he would...unless kurupt was strung out on drugs that day, because those crack fiends seem like they are invincible sometimes.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2008, 05:36:58 PM »
Soopafly is of a different lyrically caliber to Kurupt.
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »
yeah soopafly is a laid bacc typa rapper but kurupt can be
anything!
thats the different IMO

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
anything!
thats the different IMO

That's True!
But Kurupt sounds more comfortable and at Home when he flowing lyrically more than he would sound when he is rapping in a laid back style!
but this track just shows that he can do it pretty Well

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
nah you right!!!
but Im tryna to let homie know kurupt is one of the best!
you dont have to be a fan, stan, groupie, lover, mother, brother, ceo etc.. to understand that!

anything!
thats the different IMO

That's True!
But Kurupt sounds more comfortable and at Home when he flowing lyrically more than he would sound when he is rapping in a laid back style!
but this track just shows that he can do it pretty Well
Cube

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
feelin the song , lay bak n smoke to this , Bless Skee
nah you right!!!
 kurupt is one of the best!
you dont have to be a fan, stan, groupie, lover, mother, brother, ceo etc.. to understand that!

the west needs kurupt wheter on dogg pound or solo

Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

nah you right!!!
but Im tryna to let homie know kurupt is one of the best!

^^^^For Sure!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »
some real talk guys 8)

Kurupt is a different type of lyricist than Soopafly

both do what they do with alot of style