Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive D.O.C. Interview Part 2!  (Read 1475 times)

Chad

DUBCNN: Exclusive D.O.C. Interview Part 2!
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »

Told you guys it would be up this week!  Well, Dubcnn is back with Part 2 of the D.O.C. interview! Last week, D.O.C. talked to us about Detox, Mel-Man and N.W.A and much more. Today in Part 2, D.O.C. chops it up with us about Silverback, his relationship with MC Breed, tells us the latest on Nate Dogg, and of course we talk a little more Dr. Dre, Detox, The Game, Ice Cube, MC Ren and much more!

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/thedoc08-part2/   8)

Enjoy the read!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Lunatic

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive D.O.C. Interview Part 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
great read!  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »
D.O.C. is a legend.  Damn shame what happened to his voice.  Back when "No One Can Do It Better" dropped, East Coast niggas immediately recognized this brother's mic skills something serious.  He was getting KRS-One, Rakim-type comparisons back then.  This was at the time when real lyricism was the heart & soul of the art.  Glad to hear the nigga still doing his thing.

LMAO @ "World Wide Wonder Wheel"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:18:47 PM by pootypooty »

Chad Vader

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:17:14 PM »
Dubcnn: What about those suspects we would want to see on there like a Cube, or a Ren.
Like a little NWA type track?
I don’t know about that one. That’s a stretch.

I think you might have to wait for my record for that one.

Dubcnn: Why don’t we get many Cube, Dre & Ren collaborations?
Well, that’s between those guys. They each got their lives, and they all doing well. It’s like 3 cooks in a kitchen, they ain’t got to be in the kitchen together, they straight. But I do believe when it comes to my record, I’ll be able to pull some shit off to be able to give the world some dope-ass shit. At least we know if I’m writing it, it’s going to all be dope!

well there we have it  :-\ :-\ :-\...... we have to wait  :'(

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »
yeah crazy how one of the most talented and dope rappers lost their voice
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

FOC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Here Still Workin Still FMG/Blu Division/PMG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »
Props, DOC is a big inspiration to me. Also where i got my name from!
Who I'm Working with right now: Glasses Malone, Ya Boy, XO, Topic, Crooked I, Juice, Black, Big Fase 100, B-Fly, Greedy, Mack Maine

www.myspace.com/focbeats

http://twitter.com/FMGFocus

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »
That was ill.

DOC should have enough sway to to get Game on Detox?

You know what? I don’t know. But I wouldn’t put it past Dre. All the usual suspects that you would think should be there, I’m fighting for them to be there. Usually I get my way.

Dubcnn: What about those suspects we would want to see on there like a Cube, or a Ren. Like a little NWA type track?

I don’t know about that one. That’s a stretch. I think you might have to wait for my record for that one.

Well, that’s between those guys. They each got their lives, and they all doing well. It’s like 3 cooks in a kitchen, they ain’t got to be in the kitchen together, they straight. But I do believe when it comes to my record, I’ll be able to pull some shit off to be able to give the world some dope-ass shit. At least we know if I’m writing it, it’s going to all be dope!

Boom! hit him straight with the NWA/Cube/Ren/Dre Detox collab question.
Cube said if Dre calls him he will be there and we know Ren would too, so forget all that rubbish about cooks in the same kitchen.
It's blatantly Dre stalling.

Yeah. You can’t put that on a Dre album because it don’t match. If you hear Dre rapping about the government, then you know the world is over.

haha DOC's mad creative, his album sounds like it be more of what WC fans want to hear then on Detox.
DOC wont have no luck with Tomica handing him dusty rare material,
he's better of asking Yella for those unreleased Eazy E songs he got.
Lets hope Jimmy Iovine dont pull the plug on DOC's Aftermath record in the near future.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:37:21 PM by The Predator »

Chad Vader

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
Boom! hit him straight with the NWA/Cube/Ren/Dre Detox collab question.
Cube said if Dre calls him he will be there and we know Ren would too, so forget all that rubbish about cooks in the same kitchen.
It's blatantly Dre stalling.

I guess D.O.C tried to diplomatic  :P ;)
We all know Cube and Ren would run over to Dre´s studio if he called  :P ;) :laugh:

Yeah. You can’t put that on a Dre album because it don’t match.
If you hear Dre rapping about the government, then you know the world is over.

haha DOC's mad creative, his album sounds like it be more of what WC fans want to hear then on Detox.

those lyrics could be a NWA record...  ;)

DOC wont have no luck with Tomica handing him dusty rare material,
he's better of asking Yella for those unreleased Eazy E songs he got.
Lets hope Jimmy Iovine dont pull the plug on DOC's Aftermath record in the near future.

I don´t see this go down at Aftermath....  :P :-\

The Predator

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »
So that last DOC record was meant to be co-created by Dre, lol at DOC's Texas niggas rightly getting pissed at him for ruining that deal.

As for this next album from DOC if he does fall out with Dre again he should wait till Dre's produced, mixed down and mastered the album.
Then run off with it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:49:31 PM by The Predator »

Lucifuge

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
fuck dope read. now we wont Ren int. ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »
Dope 2nd part mayne, propz. I highly doubt we will see D.O.C's new album anytime within the next few years, we are still having doubts of Detox dropping LOL!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 12:54:41 AM »
thanks noncentz!  8)

Dubcnn: So what’s up with Silverback, and more specifically Six-Two and the cats you had with that?

Six-Two is still in Texas. I haven’t had an opportunity to really deal with Six-Two since. A lot of those guys was really upset with me because they really wanted to take that trip with Dre. They didn’t appreciate me taking the record from him. But it was my record. Once I put this thing back together with the good Doctor, I might be able to reach back and grab them and all those young guys, and try it again. When I do records from now on, I’ma send my shit through Aftermath. If it ain’t going through Aftermath...

Dubcnn: If it ain’t through Aftermath, you’re not touching it, huh?

Probably not, ‘cause I’m not in it for fun no more. It used to be for the love, the art, the rap, blah, blah. But now, it’s because it’s a billion-dollar business, and it owes me.

i understand D.O.C.'s point of view but i wouldn't rely on that label  :P

Dubcnn: Just a little exclusive, dog??

That n-gga would have been pssed OFF! But I just write songs that feel good to the drums I get. I’m a thinker. I write shit that is going to appear to be thought-provoking. I wrote a song for myself; actually I wrote this song for my album. In my mind I wrote it a year ago. In my mind’s eye, I wrote it for Kanye West to sing. It’s a song called “America The Beautiful.” It’s a song about a mother, and her 6 kids. There’s a brother named Saddam, there are 2 twins called World War I and World War II, there’s an adopted pair of twins that are black that wear red & blue rags in their pocket, and the youngest child is named Freedom. And at the end of the song, America kills her child. America kills Freedom at the end of the song.

lol, that's some crazy shit  :laugh:
Dubcnn: So is this a song that you’re keeping for your album now?

Yeah. You can’t put that on a Dre album because it don’t match. If you hear Dre rapping about the government, then you know the world is over.

;D

Dubcnn: What about those suspects we would want to see on there like a Cube, or a Ren.
Like a little NWA type track?
I don’t know about that one. That’s a stretch.

I think you might have to wait for my record for that one.

well there we have it  :-\ :-\ :-\...... we have to wait  :'(

no suprise  ;)

Okka

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:07:02 AM »
Yes, the first part was great and i'll hope this will be too. I'll check this out now.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:24 AM »
Dubcnn: I know you busy with that Detox record, so bang out that hot record with Dre, and then we’ll look forward your new record after that.

“Voices Through Hot Vessels”! I’ll be honest with you, I hate that name, but if that’s what the good Doctor wants to call that shit, and he’s going to push the buttons, he can call that muthafucka “World Wide Wonder Wheel” if that’s what he want to, just put the bitch out!

:D

Good interview, props dubcnn.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:39:48 AM by Okka »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 02:07:41 AM »
Props on the interview 8)

DOC cracks me up man, can't wait for the album.