Author Topic: Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"  (Read 1098 times)

teecee

Re:Nas "Lost Tapes"-more like "Lost Fans"
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2002, 11:08:04 AM »
Damn Jome, i guess i wasn't monitoring your posting for a couple days ;)

Anyway, that ghetto bird xzibit shit is a gimmick btw!  It was pretty annoying before Restless dropped when every Xzibit guest spot had that shit at the end........

Oh ya, i don't mind MOP to be honest, i just don't get how anyone could put down Nas and bigup MOP in the same sentence..........obviously, we like rap for different reasons.  I listen for entertainemnt value, but i also appreciate when an artist like Nas or Guru or CL drops a rhyme that means something.......i Like MOP man, Premo always gives them some nice joints and they have some wicked songs that i have been addicted to at times to be honest.  I just think over a whole album, they bore the hell out off me because they don't say shit....

S.G.V.

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2002, 04:51:23 PM »
Actually, when HIPHOP was invented, it was about b-boying and sitting with some turntables in the park man (heard of Kool Herc?).  THe rapping thing came later.........

ill give u that one...i should then say...emceeing/rapping started off as freestyling...thats emceeing to me

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2002, 07:03:13 PM »
Oh ya, i don't mind MOP to be honest, i just don't get how anyone could put down Nas and bigup MOP in the same sentence..........obviously, we like rap for different reasons.

I don't know what u tryin to say with that but I don't listen to HipHop just to hear some shit and don't give a fuck about lyrics.
I'm a huge MOP fan cuz I love their style and style is very important to me which doesn't mean lyrics ain't and I never said Nas was wack or shit I like Nas to I was just givin an example for a total different style and how u could critisize this style just like u can critisize MOP's style.