Author Topic: NBA to fine floppers next season  (Read 199 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
NBA to fine floppers next season
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »
NBA to fine floppers next season

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP)—The NBA will begin fining players guilty of flopping beginning next season.

Although the exact amount of fines has not been determined, the clubs have been informed that a new rule is on the way.

“We have not finalized what the system’s going to be and certainly we will before the beginning of next season,” NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson said Friday.

In-game observers at the arenas and video reviewers will report theatrical flops as part of postgame reports, according to ESPN.com, which first reported the plan to penalize floppers.

“Our objective is to get the most egregious flops, the ones where the player’s just flat taking a dive,” Jackson said.

Whether suspensions could be a part of the punishments is not clear. The league has an escalating scale of punishments for technical fouls and could use something similar for flops.

Players who flop in international basketball get a technical foul.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnBtlfP8dytUmE9I.XimMCy8vLYF?slug=ap-nbafloppers&prov=ap&type=lgns

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA to fine floppers next season
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
gay. hire better officials or fine officials for calling the flop

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »
Yeah i read this. Some flopping gets on my nerves i guess. But fining it is difficult. The league has to determine what is obvious flopping. Sometimes a player is off balance and goes to the floor hard....might not always be so easy to tell when its a flop. I dont really see how you can attack the problem this way. Because most of the time, when someone flops....there WAS a foul committed against them. The flopping just draws more attention to it. If anything, if I was an official...I just wouldnt call the fouls for those people as much. The league should be more concerned with players pretending like their fouled when they arent touched. Players like Reggie Miller....and Kobe are good at flailing their arms and legs about on jump shots to make it look like the got hacked. Sometimes, without being touched at all. Right now, its all within the rules....so you cant complain about it. But those are obvious attempts to deceive officials. That seems like more of a problem.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »
So the Spurs and the Suns are fucked!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
so is paul gasol and lamar Lol kobe too, all you hear everytime they drive is OUCH!!!!!! throw up the shot with no contact, whistle and they smile Lol and if they dont get the call they turn around to yell at the refs.

i've never seen this much flopping in the NBA as i have these current playoffs.. its gotten so rediculous the league is finally stepping in

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
Vlade Divac is thanking the heavens that he's retired now....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »
So the Spurs and the Suns are fucked!

lol Fisher Flop. Not to mention....last night somehow Tony Parker tapped Gasol and he flew to the ground. Tony Parker...lol cmon.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »
i m think they will go back after the game and review them and fine the obvious ones..i think its a good rule cus some of the shit it rediculous..i mean 250ppoundrs fall by little taps

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »
Karl Malone = most annoying flopper of all time. Homie was solid muscle. Like running into a cement wall. But would fly to the ground when a 6'0" point guard would bump into him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »
so is paul gasol and lamar Lol kobe too, all you hear everytime they drive is OUCH!!!!!! throw up the shot with no contact, whistle and they smile Lol and if they dont get the call they turn around to yell at the refs.

i've never seen this much flopping in the NBA as i have these current playoffs.. its gotten so rediculous the league is finally stepping in

Yea...Kobe and Lamar are just major flops, huh?...LOL! Gasol is just soft, man, so he falls a lot. I dunno wtf you're talking about with Kobe and Odom..If anything, your best case is for Fisher, but even he doesn't flop. He's just good at taking the contact. Kobe is good at creating contact, but he doesn't fall like a little bitch from the slightest tap ala Manu Ginobli.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »
The problem is that selling the foul and acting are taught very early for most players, especially on layups and drawing charges. Most charges called would not really knock a player down if he tried to maintain his balance, but he probably won't draw the foul then. As far as this rule goes, a lot of players flop, exagerrate, whatever, but the first two that came to mind were Varajeo and Ginobili.
I got a bird's eye view