Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
30 (73.2%)
San Antonion Spurs
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs San Antonio Spurs (56-26)~ Round 3  (Read 3772 times)

wcsoldier

When you see how we're about to go the Finals without too much trouble , it's a scary thought .. next year with Bynum, opponents may not show up on the court ..

GangstaBoogy

When you see how we're about to go the Finals without too much trouble , it's a scary thought .. next year with Bynum, opponents may not show up on the court ..

Yeah due to all the success we've kind of forgotten about Bynum. He hasn't even played a single game with Gasol. Scary.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^I might just stop following the NBA. Nothing is worse than an unfair team dominating the league. Especially when done through shady trades and the signings of good vets who are desperate for a ring. (The latter will probably happen, too, this off-season)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
^I might just stop following the NBA. Nothing is worse than an unfair team dominating the league. Especially when done through shady trades and the signings of good vets who are desperate for a ring. (The latter will probably happen, too, this off-season)
The Celtics?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Celtics?

The Celtics probably got more room for desperate vets cause they have less players on the roster who earn any respect. But they didn't impress in these playoffs and are already aging with a horrible coach, whereas the Lakers still got upside in Bynum. Ray Allen is already on a major decline, he will probably be dealt as a contract and not as a person in ~15 months.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

The Celtics?

Lol

Seriously tho, wtf? We pulled off 1 unfair trade (granted it just might go down as the most lopsided trade ever). The rest of our main guys (Kobe, Odom, Vlad) have been here. It took us nearly 4 years to get this team together.

GangstaBoogy

Damn Barry even traveled on the last play...

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
It's over....

If The Lake Show can pull out 1 of 2 in S.A.
then we can start making plans for the Finals.
(But I won't count out the champ's until the are K.O.'d)

We got this series in 5...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
FUCK THAT. i'll be the dude that says it's over! cuz it is

the spurs BENCH (not the starters, NOT THE STARS) showed heart! and they still weren't able to pull through. plus they had the refs in their POCKETS the whole time. like i said the longer this series goes the more it favors LA. now the spurs have to go into staples knowing that no one has beat us there in HOW LONG? Then half of them are beat up or their joints are cracking so unless kobe breaks his arm making bruce bowen his poster side kick, this series is a wrap the only time the spurs have been this embarrassed in the playoffs is when the lakers swept them on their way to the championship.....

This series's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jelloooooooooooo's jigglin'!

I remember the year before Shaq joined the Lakers, the Magic came to LA and the Lakers just dominated and Elden Campell played the best game of defense I saw (until the NBA Finals 2004) against Shaq. Elden's D on Shaq allowed the rest of the Lakers to go at the rest of the Magic, and at the end when it was just a blow out mid way through the 4th, Chick switched it up...

This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, but my knees ain't jigglin'!

RIP Chick, I wished I could hear him call this Laker team, he'd love it.

GangstaBoogy

I was too young to appreciate Chick Hern. If I knew his replacement would be Joel Meyers' boring ass I would've loved him even as a kid.

OG Hack Wilson

RIP Spurs
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
FUCK THAT. i'll be the dude that says it's over! cuz it is

the spurs BENCH (not the starters, NOT THE STARS) showed heart! and they still weren't able to pull through. plus they had the refs in their POCKETS the whole time. like i said the longer this series goes the more it favors LA. now the spurs have to go into staples knowing that no one has beat us there in HOW LONG? Then half of them are beat up or their joints are cracking so unless kobe breaks his arm making bruce bowen his poster side kick, this series is a wrap the only time the spurs have been this embarrassed in the playoffs is when the lakers swept them on their way to the championship.....

This series's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jelloooooooooooo's jigglin'!

I remember the year before Shaq joined the Lakers, the Magic came to LA and the Lakers just dominated and Elden Campell played the best game of defense I saw (until the NBA Finals 2004) against Shaq. Elden's D on Shaq allowed the rest of the Lakers to go at the rest of the Magic, and at the end when it was just a blow out mid way through the 4th, Chick switched it up...

This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, but my knees ain't jigglin'!

RIP Chick, I wished I could hear him call this Laker team, he'd love it.

i remember that,lol.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

westsiderider323

i wuz nervous durin tha whole game
i wuz happy refs didnt call that contact fisher made Popovich evn said if he wuz a ref he wudnt have calld it

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Any of yall see Jim Rome talk about the whiners who think Brent should have gotten the foul call?

nobody can ever complain in favor of the spurs as they wouldnt even have been in that scenario without the ref assistance in the first place. odom's block on parker was clean, not a goaltend. manu's foot was on the line, his 3 shoulda been counted as a 2. fish's shot hit the rim, shot clock should have been reset which woulda forced spurs to foul lakers.

and on top of that, if brent barry was to get the foul call, it would have been a regular on-ball foul as opposed to a shooting foul, since instead of leaning into fisher and takin the shot, he put the ball on the floor and dribbled away from the contact first. now i KNOW barry didnt think he was gonna get no damn on-ball foul call with 2 seconds left to play. especially if the league mvp kobe bryant couldnt get a single foul call the ENTIRE FUCKIN game

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ truth spoken....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ