Poll

Who Will Advance?

Los Angeles Lakers
30 (73.2%)
San Antonion Spurs
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs San Antonio Spurs (56-26)~ Round 3  (Read 3769 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lmao... failed... try again. at least you made an effort though.

lets see... you've compare eating food, working, education, and now even assimilating to a racial ephitet used by blacks to identify to one another? way to go genius....

see... I did all of that with no effort. :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Give him a break...he's from Germany. If he was out here, I doubt he'd be saying that shit.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

you never underestimate the heart of a champion

thats why you don't underestimate the Lakers...  8)
LOL nigga how many rings the Lakers got in the last 5 years?

How many do they have in the past 6 to  8 years? See what happens when you move the time frame a few years back? We are still a a recent championship franchise ... unlike the team that you've been following this whole year and picked to lose to the Pistons in 4  8)

Hack.... what race are you?

the team with Shaq is irrelevant to the conversation.

the team with Kobe as the leader is relevant.

Kobe hasn't done jack with the team under his wing until this year.  getting bounced out by Phoenix doesn't mean much to me.

Styles... what religion are you?

the team as a franchise is relevent to the conversation... because Fisher & Kobe were a part of those teams

Kobe has carried the team to a respectable level, and now even to a greater level, now that his cast is maturing....

I am a fundamental Christian.... 

Your turn...

Fischer was much better back then too.

I find my race to be completely offtopic, but I am italiano with quarter of irish.

ok next, what's your name, DOB and SSN?

I was just curious because I see you throw the N word around a lot. I wanted to know if I was talking to someone Black or  B-Rad.... that's all.

But back to B-Ball....

Fisher is playing better than ever.... defending... hitting shots with consistency. 

Jookin.... that issue is not a wash. It's a real concern. Your team has never repeated out of plenty of tries. Once or twice, I could understand but at some point you have to question if it's the "level" of competition as you put it, or if they just don't have it in them to do it. Repeating is a hard thing.... 

repeating IS a hard thing. Winning a title every other year for the better part of a decade and staying a constant contender in between, without any down years....harder. I would take having my team be a force for 10 years, every year....over winning 2 or 3 titles in a row....and then being a first round sacrifice for good teams for the next few.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

How many do they have in the past 6 to  8 years? See what happens when you move the time frame a few years back? We are still a a recent championship franchise ... unlike the team that you've been following this whole year and picked to lose to the Pistons in 4  8)

Kobe hasn't done jack with the team under his wing until this year.  getting bounced out by Phoenix doesn't mean much to me.

the team as a franchise is relevent to the conversation... because Fisher & Kobe were a part of those teams

Kobe has carried the team to a respectable level, and now even to a greater level, now that his cast is maturing....

Your turn...

I find my race to be completely offtopic, but I am italiano with quarter of irish.

I was just curious because I see you throw the N word around a lot. I wanted to know if I was talking to someone Black or  B-Rad.... that's all.

But back to B-Ball....

Fisher is playing better than ever.... defending... hitting shots with consistency. 

Jookin.... that issue is not a wash. It's a real concern. Your team has never repeated out of plenty of tries. Once or twice, I could understand but at some point you have to question if it's the "level" of competition as you put it, or if they just don't have it in them to do it. Repeating is a hard thing.... 

repeating IS a hard thing. Winning a title every other year for the better part of a decade and staying a constant contender in between, without any down years....harder. I would take having my team be a force for 10 years, every year....over winning 2 or 3 titles in a row....and then being a first round sacrifice for good teams for the next few.

well then lets cut to the chase and count them out as Champs this season since we both agree that they aren't repeaters, and pick this convo up next season or the one after when they are due for another Championship :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Your turn...

But back to B-Ball....

This is why the Spurs are not a dynasty.

define dynasty. the spurs are the most successful franchise the NBA (and I'm not sure but I think in all of pro sports) of the last 10 years. what would you call that? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but if that is not a dynasty what is it?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LMAO@winning every other year being harder than repeating!...if you know anything about basketball, repeating is the hardest thing to do, and the Spurs have NEVER been good enough to do it. They've definitely been a great team, but they're not a dynasty.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Your turn...

But back to B-Ball....

define dynasty. the spurs are the most successful franchise the NBA (and I'm not sure but I think in all of pro sports) of the last 10 years. what would you call that? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but if that is not a dynasty what is it?

Spurs are a great franchise, no doubt. But in order to be a dynasty, you need to repeat at least once. Repeating is the ultimate accomplishment, because when you win a title being the leagues primary target, you've done it all. I think it was Mark Jackson who said it as well..."You cannot be a dynasty without winning back to back titles"...and everyone in studio agreed with him.

OG Hack Wilson

Your turn...

But back to B-Ball....

Spurs are a great franchise, no doubt. But in order to be a dynasty, you need to repeat at least once. Repeating is the ultimate accomplishment, because when you win a title being the leagues primary target, you've done it all. I think it was Mark Jackson who said it as well..."You cannot be a dynasty without winning back to back titles"...and everyone in studio agreed with him.

4 titles in 9 years

or 3 in 6 years.

thats pretty dominant, regardless of if you can label them a "dynasty".

over the last 10 years through May 21st:

Spurs 559-229  and 96-50 in playoffs (4 titles)

Lakers 496-292  and 76-38 in playoffs (3 titles)

I'll say that the Spurs look like the stronger candidate as a "dynasty" over the last 10 years, going into this series.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Jackson: Gasol will guard Duncan in this series
By ART THOMPSON III
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO — Typically NBA coaches try to avoid using one of their primary offensive players to defend the opponent's top offensive player, so that key offensive players don't pick up fouls.

But Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Pau Gasol would get the primary defensive assignment against San Antonio's perennial All-Star forward Tim Duncan on Wednesday night at Staples Center.

"Without a doubt (Gasol) is going to have to play him," Jackson said. "They'll see what it's like, test it out early and see if they can create a foul situation. That's not unusual in that situation. We'll probably do the same thing."

Gasol could find himself isolated on the low block against Duncan, with no defense to aid him, although Jackson allowed that there might be times when extra defense help slides over on Duncan.

"We've tried not to have to double team Tim in the past," Jackson said, "because so much of their offense relies upon 3-point shooting. And (Duncan's) a good passer, and really breaks down the defense. But there's always extenuating circumstances, like if you get into foul trouble and you have to do something to protect players."

Gasol, a three-time All-Star Game participant during his six-plus seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies, said in the past he rarely guarded Duncan, who has been selected for the All-Star Game in each season of his 11-year career.

"Obviously, you have to be aggressive, but at the same time you have to be smart with your fouls," Gasol said. "Don't reach, make sure that you stay in front of him and make him take tough shots over the top of you. That's what I've tried to do most of the time with him."

It is not clear what San Antonio's defensive strategy will be concerning Gasol, but neither team likely can afford to have their top low-post scorers on the bench for extended periods of time because of foul trouble. So far in the playoffs, Gasol is averaging 20 points and 8.6 rebounds. Duncan is averaging 19.3 points and 13.3 rebounds.

Ariza arrives

Jackson checked out forward Trevor Ariza in practice for the second consecutive day and said there is a good chance Ariza would be available to play in this series. Ariza has not played since late January because of a fractured bone in his right foot, but he has been cleared by the medical staff. Ariza's return could be as soon as tonight, although Jackson hedged when asked if that would occur.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Your turn...

But back to B-Ball....

4 titles in 9 years

or 3 in 6 years.

I'll say that the Spurs look like the stronger candidate as a "dynasty" over the last 10 years, going into this series.

Then you don't understand what a dynasty is. LOL. The Spurs had lots of success in the playoffs throughout the years, and equally as many failures...A dynasty dominates shit in consecutive seasons without falling off. Lakers from '99-'02 is a dynasty. Untouchable and didn't fail once...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Jackson: Gasol will guard Duncan in this series
By ART THOMPSON III
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO — Typically NBA coaches try to avoid using one of their primary offensive players to defend the opponent's top offensive player, so that key offensive players don't pick up fouls.

But Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Pau Gasol would get the primary defensive assignment against San Antonio's perennial All-Star forward Tim Duncan on Wednesday night at Staples Center.

"Without a doubt (Gasol) is going to have to play him," Jackson said. "They'll see what it's like, test it out early and see if they can create a foul situation. That's not unusual in that situation. We'll probably do the same thing."

Gasol could find himself isolated on the low block against Duncan, with no defense to aid him, although Jackson allowed that there might be times when extra defense help slides over on Duncan.

"We've tried not to have to double team Tim in the past," Jackson said, "because so much of their offense relies upon 3-point shooting. And (Duncan's) a good passer, and really breaks down the defense. But there's always extenuating circumstances, like if you get into foul trouble and you have to do something to protect players."

Gasol, a three-time All-Star Game participant during his six-plus seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies, said in the past he rarely guarded Duncan, who has been selected for the All-Star Game in each season of his 11-year career.

"Obviously, you have to be aggressive, but at the same time you have to be smart with your fouls," Gasol said. "Don't reach, make sure that you stay in front of him and make him take tough shots over the top of you. That's what I've tried to do most of the time with him."

It is not clear what San Antonio's defensive strategy will be concerning Gasol, but neither team likely can afford to have their top low-post scorers on the bench for extended periods of time because of foul trouble. So far in the playoffs, Gasol is averaging 20 points and 8.6 rebounds. Duncan is averaging 19.3 points and 13.3 rebounds.

Ariza arrives

Jackson checked out forward Trevor Ariza in practice for the second consecutive day and said there is a good chance Ariza would be available to play in this series. Ariza has not played since late January because of a fractured bone in his right foot, but he has been cleared by the medical staff. Ariza's return could be as soon as tonight, although Jackson hedged when asked if that would occur.

Not a bad idea...Odom can defend Duncan pretty good, as well.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Your turn...

But back to B-Ball....

4 titles in 9 years

or 3 in 6 years.

Then you don't understand what a dynasty is. LOL. The Spurs had lots of success in the playoffs throughout the years, and equally as many failures...A dynasty dominates shit in consecutive seasons without falling off. Lakers from '99-'02 is a dynasty. Untouchable and didn't fail once...PeACe

lol as if NIK's definition of a Dynasty is what matters. There is no clear definition of it, which is why its always up for debate. Winning almost half of the championships in a decade, having the highest winning percentage in sports during that decade, and being a contender every year isnt a "dynasty" in YOUR mind lol But according to your logic, the Rockets were when they won 2 in a row and were never a real factor after that.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^it's not my definition, it's common logic amongst NBA analysts. if you fail to achieve the hardest goal, which is repeating, your team is not a dynasty. winning that 2nd championship is always a greater achievement than winning the first, and spurs have failed to do it every time.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dynasty or not, get ready for the game faggots
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
horry's doin a great job so far on odom , length vs length nice move by Coach Popovich

1st quarter but you could tell this is gonna be a helluva series so far..

Lets go SPURS!