Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo agrees in principle to join Real Madrid  (Read 989 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just saw this on the TSN ticker  :'(

Invincible

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo agrees in principle to join Real Madrid
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »
Well he just said on ITV's coverage of the champions league final that he is staying.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »
no way he's leaving
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
lol absolutly no way ronaldo is leaving.

For one united have already stated he wont leave, even if madrid offer a 100 mil, the player has stated on numerous occasions that he would like to play in spain one day but he is more than happy at united and at this moment doesent intend to leave.

David gill has come out saying he is going nowhere.

Real can put out as many storys they like in the press but there is no chance he will be going, why would alex ferguson sell his best player ? when has ferguson ever sold a player he has wanted to keep ?

The only one who went was cantona and thats coz he retired every other superstar fergie got rid of them when he decided he didnt want them

Why would Ronaldo want to leave, he has just won the premiership and european cup. He is worshiped like a god and is clearly happy at united.

Its all getting very tiresome.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
Manchester United chief executive David Gill and manager Sir Alex Ferguson are united in their belief that Cristiano Ronaldo will not be leaving the club.

Ronaldo signed a five-year deal in 2007, but has regularly been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

Gill told BBC Radio 5 Live: "He's got four more years with us and we're sure he'll be with us for many years.

Asked whether Ronaldo would stay, Ferguson added: "If you want to put a bet on it, I'll put a big bet on it."

Referring to Ronaldo as "one of the best players in the world, if not the best," Gill said he could not see any reason why the player would want to leave, or the club would want to sell him.

"He's at a great club, winning trophies, and enjoys it immensely here, so why would he want to leave?" he said.

"We're not a club that sells its main assets, to service our debts we need to have a very successful team on the pitch and you don't achieve that by selling Cristiano Ronaldo.

"We're keeping him. We've no intention of letting him go and will make sure he's happy. He's going nowhere"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7409863.stm

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:24:27 PM »
£100 mill?

Shiiet, that's overpriced right there. I'd sell

kemizt

Invincible

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »
£100 mill?

Why's that? So that Arsenal have a better chance of beating us next season?  ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
£100 mill?

Why's that? So that Arsenal have a better chance of beating us next season?  ;D

Yes! :P

kemizt

bez

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 09:17:45 AM »
personally I think hes great, but imagine what 100m can buy you. You could buy about 5 world class players with that right there. Get rid of the United dead wood, Fletcher, etc etc etc and buy in some amazing players. I dont think he will leafve, not just yet anyway. Lets see how he performs next season because you can guarentee everyone is going to want to kick the shit out of him. lol.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
I would trade him for 100 mil, imagine what you could buy with it...
You could buy 2-3 players who are nearly on the same level with a better character.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
u cant put a tag on him, cause who's to say whoever ya going to buy with that money is going to come to utd and play even nearly as good? ronaldo being a star there for years to come is more of a sure deal than anything in football right now, so leave it how it is.

smegma

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
I hope he breaks his knee.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »
personally I think hes great, but imagine what 100m can buy you. You could buy about 5 world class players with that right there. Get rid of the United dead wood, Fletcher, etc etc etc and buy in some amazing players. I dont think he will leafve, not just yet anyway. Lets see how he performs next season because you can guarentee everyone is going to want to kick the shit out of him. lol.

LOL at Fletcher being "Deadwood". Hed stroll into your Everton team. Fletcher > Carrick & Park ji Sung

The Maestro

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
I hope he breaks his knee.
keep hopin :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »

LOL at Fletcher being "Deadwood". Hed stroll into your Everton team. Fletcher > Carrick & Park ji Sung

lol i like fletcher but he is no where near as good as carrick, the second half of the season carrick was our most consistant central midfield performer.

As for Park and fletcher if its a choice over who should play out wide between them id rather play park. More of a goal threat and puts in just as much effort as fletcher.

Im not knocking fletcher here, i think he is a good central midfielder but out of carrick, scholes, hargreaves and anderson he would always be 5th choice for centre mid.