Author Topic: Dubcnn: Kam Spittin' Knowledge On Dubcnn - Exclusive Interview Up Now!  (Read 749 times)

What's up with him calling Great Brittain 'Satans' though? That's rather odd.
Cos our police are fucked up too.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Thanks for all the feedback!

COMPTONRIDA1

KAM IS TRYIN TO WAKE THE YOUTH UP OF THE IMPERIALISTIC CONTROL OF THE WORLD..THE ELITE.. I DIG KAM.. BUT THE PEOPLE AINT ON THAT TIP.. TOO MUCH INFO FOR THEM...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
KAM IS TRYIN TO WAKE THE YOUTH UP OF THE IMPERIALISTIC CONTROL OF THE WORLD..THE ELITE.. I DIG KAM.. BUT THE PEOPLE AINT ON THAT TIP.. TOO MUCH INFO FOR THEM...

Kam should wake up himself

midwestryder

no ,you need to wake up . kam is kicking the truth & the realist shit ou tthere . screw mainsteam when it comes to kam . stop being a hater. kam is one of the best on the west coast .stop being closeminded ignorant youngster & learrn some real knowledge from Kam because Dr. Dre does not drop real knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 12:41:53 PM by midwestryder »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

no ,you need to wake up . kam is kick the turht & the realist shit outthere . screw mainsteam whne it comes to kam . stop being a hater. kam is one of the best on the west coast .stop being closeminded ignorant youngster & learrn some real knowledge from Kam because Dr. Dre does not drop real knowledge.

you're judging, yet you have no clue of what i was talking about, good move  :raisetheroof:

Chad Vader

thanks for the interview  ;)

Dubcnn: I feel like "Self & Kind" has been on our "anticipated albums for next year" list ever since dubcnn launched. What's the status on the album?

Man, if you know anything about Kam, then you can probably imagine why it's been taking so long. Whenever "they", and when I say "they" I mean the blockers and the haters, they're kind of manipulating the industry right now, and when they hear that I'm coming, they throw all the yellow cones and the detour signs and the road blocks out that they can, so it's always something! Whether it's acts of God or acts of Satan! *laughs* It's always some setbacks. I think I updated that "Self & Kind" album atleast four times.

it's easy to play the role of the victim, but he never really tells how he's partly responsible for the fact that Self & Kind is still not released.

don't get me wrong, i know that he's in a tough position, but i feel like he's beating around the bush.

dubcnn: What about your solo album, who do you have on there doing the beats?

On the solo album, I got production from Warren G, Battlecat, Sir Jinx, Focus, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, a young producer named Baby Boy, DJ Pooh, DJ Quik.

Dubcnn: That sounds crazy!

We got some fire. It's just about having the machine in place to get it out quick enough to where it don't get dated! Cause if you sit on it too long, it's going to be dated.

Dubcnn: So what's going to happen? When are you going to drop it?

What it's looking like now, I'm trying to use the Warzone momentum and that whole unity to kind of spring board my solo thang off that. Cause if I put something out before that, it would get in the way of the big picture we're trying to do. The Warzone is officially scheduled to be released in August. That don't leave me too much time in 2008. If I'm really serious about getting the most out of the Kam solo project, it's probably gonna be 1st quarter next year. It would be foolish to try to drop something in the 4th quarter this year. That's my thang. But I've done waited this long, a couple more days ain't gonna hurt. But at the same time, I gotta still stay visible enough to keep my buzz cracking.

yeah but didn he just say that he's compromising on the warzone project:

Dubcnn: So how has the music been coming along so far?

It's coming along good, it's real street. I still drop the seeds that I drop on the conscious level, but it's more street than what I'm known for.

Dubcnn: How did you feel about doing that?

That's cool, cause that's where I'm from. At the same time, I got a lot of fans that love my street side more than my political side. Like 2Pac or something, he was known for Dear Mama or Brenda Had A Baby, but at the same time he was known for Toss It Up and whatever else he was doing. You got people that wanna hear that somedays, and somedays they wanna hear the party thang. That's part of being an artist, and being versatile enough to be able to cover all them grounds.

Dubcnn: So would you say that the Kam we're going to hear on "Self & Kind" is different from the Kam on the Warzone project?

Yeah
, see the Kam on the "Self & Kind", he's... *pause*

Dubcnn: The "Peace Treaty" Kam?

Yeah, that's the revolutionary Kam, that's where I can be just who I want to be and say what I wanna say. It ain't preachy or nothing like that though. But If I'm dealing with somebody else, I don't wanna step on nobody's toes, I don't want to get them in hot water or into any trouble, but I was born in hot water. So if it's my album, you're gonna have to know what you're getting into, featuring with me! *laughs* I ain't worried about you starting up controversy on my shit. But at the same time, I gotta be respectful enough not to... Other artists ain't signed up for what I signed up for.

in other words, it doesn't seem likely that his soloalbum will drop next year.

props though Nima, always enjoy reading a good kam interview! he is so intelligent..

not smart enough to have his album out  :laugh:

^^^^^^(above)^^^^^^^

no ,you need to wake up . kam is kicking the truth & the realist shit ou tthere .
screw mainsteam when it comes to kam . stop being a hater. kam is one of the best on the west coast.
stop being closeminded ignorant youngster & learrn some real knowledge from Kam because Dr. Dre does not drop real knowledge.

Hey,if you bothered to read Dre-Day´s previous reply (above)
and the interview in general you see that Dre -Day meant all his industry crying.
The political knowledge you´re talking about played a minor part in the interview,so  :P :P :P :P
...and for the record I know Dre-Day is a BIG fan of "street knowledge" rappers like Kam,Paris and Ren.
So it ain´t about that.  ;)