Author Topic: Nelly Hollas At Nas  (Read 467 times)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
Nelly Hollas At Nas
« on: September 05, 2002, 12:35:13 AM »
CB: A lot of the criticism you've had of course is due to your success. But KRS One and to some degree, Nas have criticized you for targeting the mainstream and trying to appeal to a pop consciousness. Is that what you think about when you go into the studio?

N: I want to make something that is going to rock. That is what I go into the studio to do. I'm going in there to create. I got other songs. These are just the songs I choose to put on the radio. These cats that are talking have tried it but it just didn't work.

It ain't like they haven't tried it. Nas just did a song with J.Lo. C'mon if that ain't pop, what is it? Same thing with KRS One. He did a song with P. Diddy. Just because it didn't pan out the way he wanted it now he wanna diss everybody else that has had success doing what he's done tried and couldn't do.

CB: Have you tried to reach out and talk to any of these artists that have spoken your name?

N: Naw. I ain't reaching out. They never reached out to me. You know I am an easy person to talk to. I don't walk around with any big, swollen chest or anything. So they can come and holla at me. The thing with this Nas issue is that I used to be cool with dirty. He would come to party and get on stage with me and rock it. But yet and still he's talking. But I'm cool with all that. Nas sounds like the Mad Rapper right now. C'mon Nas, you've tried it a million times, you just didn't accomplish it. You did songs with Ginuwine and everybody.

now i aint no nelly fan but wot the dirtys sayin is tru! nas attempted to make commercial shit and failed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Nelly Hollas At Nas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 01:18:04 AM »
Umm, Nas didn't criticise Nelly for appealing to the masses, he said that Nelly shouldn't of come at KRS like that, he said something along the lines of Nelly trying to come out like Nas by dissing someone blah blah. Quite ignorant of Nas to say that because I don't think Nelly was thinking of Nas when he dissed KRS, but Nas said nothing about Nelly's mainstream credibility, that was KRS alone.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 04:22:04 AM »
Nas straight said "How dare you come at KRS-One" That's for real. No one disses Will Smith, or Fabolous, or other pop rappers. But when you diss KRS, you diss a hip-hop legand that put the REAL BLUEPRINT down. So then you spit on hip-hop history. Therefore, Nelly needs to get dissed.

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 07:52:10 AM »
I agree with the origional post.

I'm no Nelly fan... But what he's saying in the interview is true.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
word
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 11:08:53 AM »
Nas straight said "How dare you come at KRS-One"...when you diss KRS, you diss a hip-hop legend...you spit on hip-hop history. Therefore, Nelly needs to get dissed.
Man, that's some true shit right there. Nobody can diss KRS-One, nobody.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2002, 11:50:52 AM »
I agree with the origional post.

I'm no Nelly fan... But what he's saying in the interview is true.

The point isn't dissing Nelly for riches and pop, but for dissing Nelly 'cause he dissed KRS. For reals.That's what Nas said. Never said shit about Nelly's lyrics, beats, poppish songs, just "How Dare You Come At KRS" That's like spitting in Hip-Hop history. No one in football says they are better than any Hall of Famer, or legend on the field. You bow down, and if they holla atch ya', you take it, and listen, 'cause they built the career that puts food in your mouth. KRS is hugly major for Rap's sucess, so why diss him. That's what it's all about, Nelly just confused as hell.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 06:05:52 PM »
Nelly is a dumbass for dissing KRS. WTF was he thinkin'?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 10:36:12 PM »
yeah Nelly shouldn't be speaking at KRS... talking about that song with Puff, it's a hidden track, there's no single or video for it... yeah KRS was really trying to blow up with that one..  ::)

as for Nas' own history... we all know that he sits on the fence between spitting dope hip-hop and making horrible song choices.  but he was right to say nelly shouldn't be going at KRS...
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2002, 12:36:39 AM »
yeah Nelly shouldn't be speaking at KRS... talking about that song with Puff, it's a hidden track, there's no single or video for it...

Well, you know, There ARE moments in the un-written history of HipHop\Rap when hidden trackz did make videoz. ;)
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2002, 07:31:18 PM »
Nas makes one commercial track each album for a single...Nelly's albums are 100% Pop...And how is Nelly saying Nas tried making succesfull tracks and didnt succede? Thats why "Stillmatic" is one of the most succesfull Hip Hop albums to come out in 2001/2002...right?

Nelly needs to take that fuckin band-aid off his cheek and put it over his mouth...

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
LOL
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2002, 09:55:27 PM »
Nelly needs to take that fuckin band-aid off his cheek and put it over his mouth...
That's something that I've been wondering about:  Why the hell does Nelly wear that stupid thing? Does he think that it makes him look cool or something?