Author Topic: "The Lakers wanted to trade me Kobe for Dirk straight up and I told them no"  (Read 921 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
If that's true, then that's just horrible. But nobody knows how it would have played out and how everything would have meshed, and I'm glad that it didn't, because it would have been weird to see Kobe in a Mavs jersey and Dirk with the Lakers. No matter how good Nowitzki has played and the MVP award he got, I don't see how you could seriously pass up the best player in the game, straight up.
I got a bird's eye view

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I think Kobe wasn't bluffing, but he also knew realistically that his best title chance was with LA, so he was going to be a Laker. I see Kobe like Jerry West, or Magic Johnson, or James Worthy, there is no way in the world he should ever wear another teams uniform. I don't care if he gets old. Shaq was Shaq, and he wanted to leave instead of letting Kobe be the number 1, but Kobe should always wear purple and gold. His defined by the teams Hollywood image, and the teams desire to have as many big stars as possible. Kobe in a great team like the Pistons or the Mavs would be weird, because neither fit his image. The only team that would fit Kobe is the New York Knicks, and maybe the Chicago Bulls, but the Bulls have no image outside Jordan.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i personally think cuban is lying his ass off..i dont understand the reasoning though...no one takes him serious as it is....

GangstaBoogy

^^^LOL sure it was. He was only kidding about the trade demands that he backed away from once he found out that any trade for him would result in him being traded to a gutted roster.

Actually, Kobe said he prefered to stay in LA and retire as a Laker even when he asked to be traded. He never backed away from what he said, even as of now...that's because he never truly wanted to be traded in the first place, he thought our FO was a joke and he wanted to play on a contending team...it was all his way of building the Lakers and getting them to that contender mindset. Bynum, Mitch, Buss, everyone. If you're not worthy to put on a Laker jersey, get the fuck out. Kobe loves LA, he loves the Lakers, and this is where he wanted to play his career out...I knew this would be the result, back when everyone was like "fuck Kobe!"...Great players do what Kobe did. It's been like that throughout history...PeACe

Did you see the interview clip with Stephen A. Smith yesterday?

SAS: How serious were you about your trade demends
Kobe: I was dead serious. Serious as a heart attack
SAS: You would've walked away from all this?
Kobe: Yeah, I didn't have a choice.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Right now, I wouldn't even trade Pau for Dirk...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^^LOL sure it was. He was only kidding about the trade demands that he backed away from once he found out that any trade for him would result in him being traded to a gutted roster.

Actually, Kobe said he prefered to stay in LA and retire as a Laker even when he asked to be traded. He never backed away from what he said, even as of now...that's because he never truly wanted to be traded in the first place, he thought our FO was a joke and he wanted to play on a contending team...it was all his way of building the Lakers and getting them to that contender mindset. Bynum, Mitch, Buss, everyone. If you're not worthy to put on a Laker jersey, get the fuck out. Kobe loves LA, he loves the Lakers, and this is where he wanted to play his career out...I knew this would be the result, back when everyone was like "fuck Kobe!"...Great players do what Kobe did. It's been like that throughout history...PeACe

Did you see the interview clip with Stephen A. Smith yesterday?

SAS: How serious were you about your trade demends
Kobe: I was dead serious. Serious as a heart attack
SAS: You would've walked away from all this?
Kobe: Yeah, I didn't have a choice.

Yea...He definitely woulda walked away if Mitch woulda decided that he wanted to sit on his ass and keep the Lakers in rebuild mode. That's why he  said "do something, and do something quick". His ultimate goal was to play for the Lakers as contenders, and that's what he got...PeACe

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'd do a Dirk for Mdenga swap.... we might just break even on that one.  8)

P.S. - to the slow, I'm only kidding....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

WestCoasta

why is he so high on Dirk?   great player and all, but c'mon

I've usually seen nothing but bricks when it comes to him in a clutch situation

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

what for? dirk is a homo. why would you want steve nash's ex butt buddy on your team?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

what for? dirk is a homo. why would you want steve nash's ex butt buddy on your team?

you're a bitch, when it's time for beef all you gon do is hide behind an injured oden on a pick-up game court

for the record, gasol cries all the time, literally.. whenever he made a shot or didn't get a foul called on him after a missed one, he has teary eyes while running back on defense.. crazy shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

you're a bitch, when it's time for beef all you gon do is hide behind an injured oden on a pick-up game court

for the record, gasol cries all the time, literally.. whenever he made a shot or didn't get a foul called on him after a missed one, he has teary eyes while running back on defense.. crazy shit.

I guess we know who Drik left nash for now. Put the pom poms down and wipe the nut off your lips you ol dick in the booty ass nigga.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Is it your strategy to say something extra-lame, so I wouldn't feel interested in saying something back? If so, you did a good job.
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Is it your strategy to say something extra-lame, so I wouldn't feel interested in saying something back? If so, you did a good job.

really? then where did this quote come from? quit gettin your feelings hurt. you shot a lug at me and i shot one back. get the fuck over it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

really? then where did this quote come from? quit gettin your feelings hurt. you shot a lug at me and i shot one back. get the fuck over it.

This quote came from me preventing you from succeeding. You're not serious about me having my feelings hurt, are ya? Anyways, I'm walking away from this, ain't no fun. Feel free to have the last word.
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

This quote came from me preventing you from succeeding. You're not serious about me having my feelings hurt, are ya? Anyways, I'm walking away from this, ain't no fun. Feel free to have the last word.

Actually I am. I said something about your lover  Dirk and you were offended enough to call me a bitch. LMAO emotional hurt feelings female shit right there.