Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15422 times)

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »
^I'm at work, what is he saying?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2008, 11:26:22 AM »
The Lakers defense was amazingly bad at times. The one time when Powe's big ass drove to the rim like he was LeBron James on a fast break, and 3-4 Lakers standing there doing virutally nothing was just crazy. At first I thought the whistle was already blown for something off-ball and he just went to make the basket for fun or he didn't hear it  -  that's how passive the Laker defense looked there.

on the flipside... does an amazing defense give up 41 points in the final quarter?

Well, that part of the game was just weird. But the Celtics have a good defense, it was probably a mix of "losing intensity because you think it's 2-0 and already think about Game 3" and flat out choking. Boston is no uber-team. It's still their first season together.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »

He's pissed off about the calls. Said its ridiculous and that the Lakers are going to have to play 5-on-8 if they want to win a game.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »

He's pissed off about the calls. Said its ridiculous and that the Lakers are going to have to play 5-on-8 if they want to win a game.

Worthy knows what's up.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
The Lakers defense was amazingly bad at times. The one time when Powe's big ass drove to the rim like he was LeBron James on a fast break, and 3-4 Lakers standing there doing virutally nothing was just crazy. At first I thought the whistle was already blown for something off-ball and he just went to make the basket for fun or he didn't hear it  -  that's how passive the Laker defense looked there.

on the flipside... does an amazing defense give up 41 points in the final quarter?

Well, that part of the game was just weird. But the Celtics have a good defense, it was probably a mix of "losing intensity because you think it's 2-0 and already think about Game 3" and flat out choking. Boston is no uber-team. It's still their first season together.

indeed... they do have good defense... but for whatever reason, they have their collapses too... just as the Lakers have had theirs. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
^  what are you blind?

I've talked to a hundred people since the game ended

Laker fan or not they all mentioned the officiating

LMAO. seriously. Turf is something else.

Am I? Well, Where were all you fucks in the Jazz series. Nobody was bitching about shit when the disparity looked like this:

New postPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Never seen such a free throw disparity...    Reply with quote Report this post to Moderator/Admin.
Maybe Zen has a short memory.

Game 1

Utah  20-30
Lakers 38-46

Lakers plus 16 att.,
PLUS 18 POINTS.

Game 2

Jazz      13-16
Lakers   35-43

Lakers PLUS 27 ATT
Plus 22 POINTS

Game 3

Jazz     20-28
Lakers 30-37

Plus 9 ATTEMPTS
Plus 10 points

Game 4

Jazz 37-45
Lakers 14-25

Jazz plus 20 attempts
Jazz plus 23 points

Game 5

Jazz    24-28
Lakers 34-42

Game 6

Jazz     22-25
Lakers  31-38

Series totals:

Lakers 231 attempts to the Jazz's 172.

"How's it feel to be black, Kettle?" - Pot

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:37 PM »
^LMFAO...Please step out of your shell. You're acting completely moronic and blind. Nothing in the Jazz series was even close to the 38-10 disparity and the 13 free throws in 14 minutes by Powe. If you really did watch the game, which I doubt, then you, just like everyone else (including Boston fans) would know what's up.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2008, 01:32:34 PM »
^LMFAO...Please step out of your shell. You're acting completely moronic and blind. Nothing in the Jazz series was even close to the 38-10 disparity and the 13 free throws in 14 minutes by Powe. If you really did watch the game, which I doubt, then you, just like everyone else (including Boston fans) would know what's up.

Hi, Kettle.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:19 PM »

Hi, Kettle.

Hi, liar...We all know you didn't watch the game based on your pathetic reaction. Either that, or you're secretly down with the NBA being rigged. Even in the 2006 Finals, the lopsided officiating was never this blatant.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
Lakers got shitted on, now they need to use the foul call disparity to whine about their two losses.  Celtics are gonna sweep the lakers IN THE STAPLE CENTER and my hometown heroes Leon Powe and Eddie House will get their championship rings!

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »
Let them play ball and stop all this bickering, the better team will win in the end

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »

Hi, Kettle.

Hi, liar...We all know you didn't watch the game based on your pathetic reaction. Either that, or you're secretly down with the NBA being rigged. Even in the 2006 Finals, the lopsided officiating was never this blatant.

LOL quit fuckin crying. This shit is no different than what teams have been saying when they play the Lakers throughout the years. The shoe is on the other foot now and you can't fuckin handle it. I watched the game, but I have to admit I wasnt watching with a pair of Lakervision goggles on. Thats why I can still be rational about it. You on the other hand, are a straight up Laker FANATIC and you're going off the deep end about this shit. Bye, kettle. Hope you get that black off you someday.

edit: regarding free throw disparities, what Laker fan was crying about the refs when they were handed 25 free throws in game 6 of the 02 WCF?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:08:49 PM by Turf Hitta »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
Homecourt advantage! lol.

WestCoasta

« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »
Let them play ball and stop all this bickering, the better team will win in the end

yes they should let them play ball... in other words, put the whistle away

I don't like watching the WNBA

and lol at anyone still trying to compare yesterday's game to any game the Lakers have played in in the last 8 years

for people to think a majority of those were actually fouls, they must really be into some pussy basketball