Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15430 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
D.Stern feels sorry for 3LW so he's trying to hand them a championship before the Lakers take over the next 5 years, ain't nobody fucking with us with Bynum in the Line-up..

It's going to be hard to comeback but i think we could do it...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »
Let them play ball and stop all this bickering, the better team will win in the end

yes they should let them play ball... in other words, put the whistle away

I don't like watching the WNBA

and lol at anyone still trying to compare yesterday's game to any game the Lakers have played in in the last 8 years

for people to think a majority of those were actually fouls, they must really be into some pussy basketball

you're not getting it. IF the calls/non calls are as bad as you say they are, then you're not going through anything different than Laker opponents have been dealing with for a long time. The Lakers have been getting the benefits of these types of situations for years, even as recent as the earlier rounds of the playoffs THIS YEAR. I'm not saying I agree with bad officiating or that its ok. What I'm saying is that any Laker fan not willing to relinquish at least two of those Shaq era titles has nothing to bitch and complain about because there were several lopsided officiated games that essentially handed them titles. What is happening is you guys are getting a slight taste of what other teams have been dealing with when facing the Lakers in the playoffs for a long time. Its funny that the Laker fans have a problem with officiating ONLY when the calls don't go their way. When the bad calls go the Lakers way there are no whining Laker fans to be found, but when its the other way around its the biggest travesty in the history of sports. If you're gonna embrace it when it goes your way, you need to embrrace it when it doesn't. A little consistency is all I ask.

WestCoasta

« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »
^  lol dude you're an idiot

so as Laker fan I HAVE to admit that their titles are tainted because of calls?

what calls are you talking about?  I can't think of anything to other than when the Kings complained

and in that game the Lakers had favorable free throw attempts, but the Kings weren't too shabby either

there's no excuse for 38-10 in a Finals game, especially when they are obviously not fouls

this has nothing to do with whatever calls were made for the team I like in the past

you're just reaching out of your ass for justification of a shitty called game because you don't like the Lakers

and the point I'm coming from is AS A BASKETBALL FAn... mostly because I have money on the series and it's retarded for fouls to be exaggerated

a little consistency is all you ask?  you crack me up.... you're just a hater.... trying to bring other years into this argument

I've never seen a game recently that was as lame as Game 2 yesterday, has nothing to do with what team I like

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »
^  lol dude you're an idiot

1.) so as Laker fan I HAVE to admit that their titles are tainted because of calls?

2.) what calls are you talking about?  I can't think of anything to other than when the Kings complained

and in that game the Lakers had favorable free throw attempts, but the Kings weren't too shabby either

3.) there's no excuse for 38-10 in a Finals game, especially when they are obviously not fouls

4.) this has nothing to do with whatever calls were made for the team I like in the past

5.) you're just reaching out of your ass for justification of a shitty called game because you don't like the Lakers

6.) and the point I'm coming from is AS A BASKETBALL FAn... mostly because I have money on the series and it's retarded for fouls to be exaggerated

7.) a little consistency is all you ask?  you crack me up.... you're just a hater.... trying to bring other years into this argument

I've never seen a game recently that was as lame as Game 2 yesterday, has nothing to do with what team I like

Maybe I'm throwing too much at one time for you to soak it all in. I'll take this one thing at a time for you.

1. If you have a problem with the calls yesterday, you need to have a problem with the calls in years past that resulted in Laker titles/other teams wrongful playoff eliminations.

2. Just off the top of my head, there were several phantom fouls called on Portland in the 2000 WCF and it was even so lopsided for the Lakers vs the Kings in 2002, there was an instance where Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face and a foul was actually called on Bibby. There are more examples than those though, and far more than we have time to go into here. I'm not justifying the officiating. What I'm telling you is this shit goes both ways, but you don't complain when its the Lakers on the receiving end and the other team getting the short end of the stick.

3. But there is an excuse for the Lakers shooting 25 free throws in ONE QUARTER in game 6 vs the Kings?

4. It has everything to do with it. Nobody complains when the Lakers get the calls, but its a problem all of a sudden now because the Lakers get screwed (or so all the Laker fans are saying) for once. What Laker fans were bitching when they were holding up those trophies? None. Do you see where I'm going with this yet? I don't know how to be much more clear.

5. Wrong. I don't give a shit about the Lakers or the Celtics. I don't dislike them, I don't care about them

6. This further illustrates how biased you are about the series. Not only are you a fan of the losing team, but you also have money on them. Thank you for helping me make my point.

7. The other years in question are 100% relevant to the discussion. If you can't see that, then you might benefit from some remedial reading and comprehension courses.

Droz

• Lil Geezy
  • O Muthafuccin G!
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »
I STILL THINK THE LAKERS COULD TAKE A 3-2 LEAD THE NEXT THREE HOME GAMES, ITS ALL HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE! BUT THE WAY THEY BEEN PLAYIN ON BOSTON MAKES ME WONDER THE FINAL RESULT.. CELTICS ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM AND THEY HAVE PROVED IT.. BUT IMA BE HONEST IF LAKERS LOOSE ONE AT HOME THATS IT! I AINT GOT NO MORE HOPE... BUT IF THEY TIE AND COME UP 3-2 AND GO TO BOSTON THERES STILL A CHANCE FOR THAT RING! 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »
Yes we're more than likely going to take a 3-2 lead but thats not the point. I've been watching basketball faithfully since 96 and I have NEVER seen home court advantage mean so much. Its like the refs are blatantly saying 'ok the home team is going to get away with murder and the road team will get screwed'. Last nights game was an insult to NBA fans. Not just Lakers fans but to any real NBA fan. The refs handed Boston that game on a silver platter.

Leon fuckin Powe with 13 free-throw attempts. What kinda shiet is that? Atleast in 06 they gave all the calls to a superstar.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
Yeah, those damn Shaq led teams with their free-throw advantage.... and with Shaq knocking down all of those swishers from the foul line (especially since he was the most fouled).  :)

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
Yeah, those damn Shaq led teams with their free-throw advantage.... and with Shaq knocking down all of those swishers from the foul line (especially since he was the most fouled).  :)

LOL...Turf Hitta is seriously dumber than I though. This sums up his whole way of hater thinking VVV

What is happening is you guys are getting a slight taste of what other teams have been dealing with when facing the Lakers in the playoffs for a long time.

LOL! This muthafucka said slight taste. There's no fuckin chance in hell he watched last nights game. :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »

Yeah. If only the Kings or Blazers would've fouled Shaq intentionally to send him to the free-throw line they probably would've beaten us right?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
You guys just don't get it...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »

Yea, we get it.. You're a major Laker hater and you simply can't admit that this is the worst case of lopsided officiating in recent memory.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »

LOL...Turf Hitta is seriously dumber than I though. This sums up his whole way of hater thinking VVV

What is happening is you guys are getting a slight taste of what other teams have been dealing with when facing the Lakers in the playoffs for a long time.

LOL! This muthafucka said slight taste. There's no fuckin chance in hell he watched last nights game. :-\

OK, call it a big taste then. the point still stands that none of you idiots were complaining when it resulted in Laker rings. Now you fuckheads are running arouns screaming "CONSPIRACY!!!" get the fuck over it. you've benefited from this exact same type of thing, so miss me with this conspiracy bullshit. If you have a problem with it now, then you need to have had a problem with it then in order for you to have an ounce of credibility on the topic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
A majority of the bad calls in the Kings series were questionable, not BLATANT. Learn the difference.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »

Yea, we get it.. You're a major Laker hater and you simply can't admit that this is the worst case of lopsided officiating in recent memory.

I see we have another idiot who needs to take a basic reading & comprehension course. I could give a vast array of fucks about the Lakers. I don't feel one way or the other about them. I have no problem at all with the Lakers. What I have a problem with is you guys getting all worked up about it when your team has rings because of the same type of shit. I'm not debating whether or not the officiating was as bad as you say.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
A majority of the bad calls in the Kings series were questionable, not BLATANT. Learn the difference.

LOL not blatant if youre a laker homer in every sense of the word I guess...