Author Topic: Mutual funds, stocks, etc..  (Read 114 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Mutual funds, stocks, etc..
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:28:56 AM »
How many of you all are knowledgable about stocks, mutual funds, and anything like that? How many of you own stock, and are active with the market in any way?

I own a few stocks that my family purchased for me a while back, and I know my dad was into it back in the late 90's before things started to go bad. I just started working full time, and I'm trying to find some ways to make investments that will be beneficial for the future. I don't have enough to purchase property (especially in California LOL) or to open a strong business outside of DJing and doing anything music related, so I just want to learn some more about this to see if it is anything I should take a chance with. Even if the market is up and down, I'd much rather gamble $200 on stocks than in Vegas.

smegma

Re: Mutual funds, stocks, etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »
I own stocks and I'm active with it, but I'm not going to tell you anything else about that :P

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
Depends on if you wanna try and make a quick buck or if you wanna invest it long term.  Mutual funds are diversified so your returns are going to be more consistent but less drastic.  I'd be hesitant to dump money in the market right now, it's been tanking over the last several months.  Gold and commodiities are prolly safe bets right now.  Let me know if you want more info.

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
How many of you all are knowledgable about stocks, mutual funds, and anything like that? How many of you own stock, and are active with the market in any way?

I own a few stocks that my family purchased for me a while back, and I know my dad was into it back in the late 90's before things started to go bad. I just started working full time, and I'm trying to find some ways to make investments that will be beneficial for the future. I don't have enough to purchase property (especially in California LOL) or to open a strong business outside of DJing and doing anything music related, so I just want to learn some more about this to see if it is anything I should take a chance with. Even if the market is up and down, I'd much rather gamble $200 on stocks than in Vegas.

LOL, I'd say its smarter to take your chances gambling in vegas than it would be to take dubcc's advice on investing.