Author Topic: Omar Cruz: From DUBCNN to CNN!! [Video + New Record]  (Read 420 times)

Serio_818

• 'G'
Re: Omar Cruz: From DUBCNN to CNN!! [Video + New Record]
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Omar on CNN? I wonder how that came about, seriously. Sure, he's an up-and-coming latin rapper who's signed to a major label, but I wasn't expecting him to be on Larry King 8) Talk about having major exposure.

"Omar's Pain" is a cool song, but I can't say I like the idea of him shooting a (probably low-budget) video for it. Don't see the point in it.
I'd much rather hear him say that they've already shot a video for "To The Top" (ft. Frankie J) and that they'll drop the video on major TV outlets next week. Because in my opinion, it has been rather quiet around this song. I really feel it has got some potential to do well on radio & TV, but it's been like what, a month now since the song dropped? And still no video?

I hope they don't let the buzz of this song die out only to THEN drop a video (when it's actually already too late).

On the other hand, I'm pretty positive that BYI knows what they're doing, so let's just hope that they've got everything planned out perfectly: shooting the video, releasing it & then drop the album in the summer.

Sign of the Cruz - September 16 - Mexican Independence Day

Oh is that a fact? Haven't heard anything about them announcing a release date. Would make sense though of course... 8)
Was hoping for a mid-summer release, but I guess September should do the trick as well.

Although that makes me wonder why they released the "To The Top" single so early to the radio stations. Who drops the official single in late May when the album won't drop until mid-September? That's about 3 months in between! Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic here? ???

If the strategy works, then I'd say "hell fucking yeah", but somehow I fail to understand why they dropped the single so soon. I'm saying all this assuming that this release date is accurate...

Omar Cruz announced the date yesterday on Power 106

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »
Alright then. I guess it's on and popping from now on 8) B.Y.I. has never announced a release date to which they didn't stick (example: Omar's mixtapes). They also held back from announcing a release date for the album, 'cause they weren't sure yet when it was gonna drop. So what's the point in giving the fans a date that would've probably not stuck anyhow.

But with Omar announcing it on Power 106...I think it's safe to say that this date will stick. Can't wait! :) Thx for the heads-up btw.

NEMIISSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:45 PM »
THATZ GOOD TO C, PROPZ TO CRUZ N BYI FOR PUTTIN IT DOWN!! 8)
BANGN WESTCOAST BEATZ & MORE.......