Author Topic: Nas Kills The Speculation: It's Murder!  (Read 1615 times)

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nas Kills The Speculation: It's Murder!
« on: August 08, 2002, 11:50:14 AM »
Nas hasn't been granting too many interviews lately to clear up questions about his association with Ja Rule, Irv Gotti and the Murder Inc. family, but the rap slugger has broken his silence through his music. On the remix to the Inc.'s "The Pledge," which has turned up on New York radio, Nas basically kills the speculation about whether he's signing to Murder Inc. and tells the world, "It's Murder!"

"In the beginning, it was me, Nas, I stood alone," his voice echoes at the beginning of the song with Ja Rule yelling, "It's Murder!" in the background. "But now ... Murder Inc. y'all. It's Murder. It's over now, you know that, right?"

Nas' verse then commences, and he raps about the "merger" of Ill Will Records and Murder Inc. over the same beat used in the original "The Pledge" (see "Irv Gotti Says Nas May Sign With Murder Inc."). "My cash make sex with your cash," Nas says on the track, "it can't hurt us." He later boasts that he has also realigned himself with his longtime advisor/manager Steve Stoute.

Ashanti sings the same chorus as on the original cut, with Nas ad-libbing, "It's no me y'all ... I.N.C. ... Murder Inc."

Ja Rule then comes in to add his vocals to the song's second verse, but not before he gives a shout-out to Suge Knight. Ja then paints a scenario of riding with Tupac if the late, great veteran were alive. Although he doesn't mention any names, Ja goes on to verbally assail an unnamed victim that some have inferred to be DMX: "Bitch dog/ Get, at me dog / Rule n---a the boss/ You always been a pup/ Now ain't it a pity/ That you running to I.G./ Dying to be me" (see "DMX Barks At Ja Rule For Biting, Plans Dis Track").

A recording of Tupac's voice ends the song, with the hip-hop legend saying, "I shall not fear no man but God/ Though I walk through the valley of death." "The Pledge" uses the same sample Pac used for "So Many Tears."

A spokesperson for the Inc. did not know where the song would wind up. Likewise, a spokesperson for Nas said details concerning the song are not yet available.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Nas Kills The Speculation: It's Murder!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 12:01:19 PM »
Nas Gets no love...

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 12:02:57 PM »
It makes no fuckin sense. What a hypocrite.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 12:11:05 PM »
Nas must be one of the dumbest  rappers, I lost all my respect for him. A real hypocrite, first he dissed their label and now he signed to them. And Ja rule dissin DMX is the funniest thing i heard today.

"Dying to be me" lol wtf... I hope X will eat him alive
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 12:26:34 PM »
Yo, what I dont understand is catz are goin' around dissin this move by Nas but those are tha same catz that say that tha move by Kurupt to Tha Row is ok!! WTF! U say that Kurupt can get his paper but then when Nas goes out to get his then u diss!! U say that its ok for Kurupt to diss Tha Row after his departure and then jump right back on Tha Row, but its not ok for Nas!!! Catz goin around callin' Nas a hypocrite and shit but its ok for Kurupt to do tha same shit but wit Kurupt he str8 up switched on his homiez!!! Kurupt was ridin' wit his homiez then just jumped ship to they enimiez label but that is ok, but when Nas jumps ship to INC its nuttin but hate!! I dont get it!!  :-/

bez

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 12:30:54 PM »
Good for Nas, good move for him, I aint bothered about what label he is on , as long as his music if good then I will continue to like him and his shit!!

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 12:36:32 PM »
Yo, what I dont understand is catz are goin' around dissin this move by Nas but those are tha same catz that say that tha move by Kurupt to Tha Row is ok!! WTF! U say that Kurupt can get his paper but then when Nas goes out to get his then u diss!! U say that its ok for Kurupt to diss Tha Row after his departure and then jump right back on Tha Row, but its not ok for Nas!!! Catz goin around callin' Nas a hypocrite and shit but its ok for Kurupt to do tha same shit but wit Kurupt he str8 up switched on his homiez!!! Kurupt was ridin' wit his homiez then just jumped ship to they enimiez label but that is ok, but when Nas jumps ship to INC its nuttin but hate!! I dont get it!!  :-/

First off, Im not one of those who said Kurupts move was ok, it was wrong and messed up what he did, but he didnt do it to make some easy cash, he did it for his family and he really needed that money or else he'd b in jail right now. But Nas is a commercial rapper and has the money, he can sell a shitload of his albums without those fags at Murder INC. Thats the difference, Nas doesnt need no paper, he could do it without them, but Kurupt couldnt cause Suge paid him the 2 mill
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 12:42:54 PM »
This is probably off the wall...

BUT...

Didn't somebody say a while back that Snoop was gonna diss murder inc? And in one of those Doggystyle allstars tracks didn't somebody say they saw a diss twards murder inc?

Dosent Ja-rule give a shout out to suge in this track and diss a DOGG?

Holla back... I dunno if the pieces fit..

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2002, 12:45:27 PM »
Yo, Jay I wasnt sayin that u was tha one who said that but I was just talkin bout homiez around my hood and otha catz! Catz around my hood is sayin' that Nas is a hypocrite for jumpin ship but those are tha same catz who told me that Kurupt's move was ok! They told me that they will like Kurupts music whatever label he is on, but when Nas jumps to INC they say that they will never listen to another Nas song ever!! Its bullshit if u ask me!! And correct me if Im wrong but "some" people here have said that they would like Kurupts music whatever label he is on!! Well, if u are a Nas fan then u will respect Nas' move and still bump his shit whatever move he makes!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2002, 12:45:45 PM »
i don't fuckin get it. i thought the way nas had been talkin, he was gonna be the dude to get rid of a lot of the bullshit in hip-hop. and then he goes and does something that goes against everything he's been talkin about. i know he wants that $ but goddamn i'm so fuckin tired of bullshit like this goin on. FUCK IT

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2002, 12:51:09 PM »
Ok

I got the song....

Listen to this:
"Im talkin if he was here we'd probably right together (he's talking about pac) on this trick-ass ni**a with curls bitch dogg, get at me dogg, rule ni**a the boss..."

last time I checked, DMX didn't have curls.

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2002, 12:54:16 PM »
Yo, Jay I wasnt sayin that u was tha one who said that but I was just talkin bout homiez around my hood and otha catz! Catz around my hood is sayin' that Nas is a hypocrite for jumpin ship but those are tha same catz who told me that Kurupt's move was ok! They told me that they will like Kurupts music whatever label he is on, but when Nas jumps to INC they say that they will never listen to another Nas song ever!! Its bullshit if u ask me!! And correct me if Im wrong but "some" people here have said that they would like Kurupts music whatever label he is on!! Well, if u are a Nas fan then u will respect Nas' move and still bump his shit whatever move he makes!!

Yea no doubt, I will still buy Kurupts and Nas music, Ill still support them but Im not down with their decision, thats all.

Big BpG

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2002, 01:33:34 PM »
stupid move... but what's not a stupid move, is moving this topic

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2002, 03:08:16 PM »
not to toot my horn but i told yall....nas is a HUGE commercial artist...he now takes the crown of Bling Bling King...

Jome

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 05:08:26 PM »
not to toot my horn but i told yall....nas is a HUGE commercial artist...he now takes the crown of Bling Bling King...

True dat, I can't imagine Nas on Irv Gotti beats  :(

He can't diss Jay Z again after this.
If Jay Z should have done a similar move, then he should sign with Nelly  ::)