Poll

Do the zebras run the show?

Yes
8 (42.1%)
No
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Is the NBA rigged?  (Read 543 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: Is the NBA rigged?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »
why are u now questioning this? 'cuz of the lake show? its been going on for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS

a nba finals game seven would be very lucrative for the League..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
why are u now questioning this? 'cuz of the lake show? its been going on for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS

a nba finals game seven would be very lucrative for the League..

actually I've been thinking about this from the first rounds of all the matchups.... It's been going on but this year in particular seems to be out of control. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »
^^Yes, but that's what the league wants, is the fans involved, and it could provide a HUGE momentum shift now going to L.A. As for it being rigged, this whole match-up of "Celtics-Lakers" and the Paul Pierce injury-comeback make it look a little like wrestling, but people need to stop complaining about the refs. What about Vlad traveling on that dunk after he stole the ball? And Leon Powe went to the line so many times because he was going strong to the basket and the Lakers' interior defense wasn't playing so solid.

um... I was answering the question from an nba perspective.... not a team. I made myself clear on that. 

yes.. there is fan involvement to consider... but outside of fan advantage this season the home/road advantage and disadvantages have been odd and puzzling. it does make one wonder.....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:50:42 PM by Styles1 »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 04:31:50 AM »
The Lakers will get Game 3 handed to them. There is no way they are losing Game 3.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 09:01:16 AM »
they should use the fiba rules :P

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 09:44:04 AM »
LOL. If the game today was rigged, then so were the 2000 WCF and the 2002 WCF. You homers kill me. When the Lakers win those games the excuse is "Well, team X didn't play good enough to win. They should have played better then the game couldn't come to be decided by the refs." When the Lakers lose its "THE NBA IS FUCKING RIGGED OMG THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!! CONSPIRACY THEORY CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!"

I'm sorry...But nothing was ever as bad as:

Leon Powe - 13 free throws in 14 minutes
Los Angeles Lakers - 10 free throws in 48 minutes

Come on, Turf...Even you gotta admit that this is beyond fucking ridiculous.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 01:30:01 PM »
LOL. If the game today was rigged, then so were the 2000 WCF and the 2002 WCF. You homers kill me. When the Lakers win those games the excuse is "Well, team X didn't play good enough to win. They should have played better then the game couldn't come to be decided by the refs." When the Lakers lose its "THE NBA IS FUCKING RIGGED OMG THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!! CONSPIRACY THEORY CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!"

Tell me why if the Lakers don't get the calls, the NBA and David Stern are out to get the Lakers, but when the other teams don't get the calls and they have something to say about it you guys act like they're just losers being losers? Now you have a slight idea what other teams have been dealing with against the Lakers for YEARS. Like I said, if this series is rigged, then the last 3 LA titles also were and they need to be stripped of them. As far as Powe, he got the calls cause he was being aggressive going strong to the rim constantly and was constantly getting hit in the process.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:31:36 PM by Turf Hitta »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 01:32:58 PM »

Tell me why if the Lakers don't get the calls, the NBA and David Stern are out to get the Lakers, but when the other teams don't get the calls and they have something to say about it you guys act like they're just losers being losers? Now you have a slight idea what other teams have been dealing with against the Lakers for YEARS. Like I said, if this series is rigged, then the last 3 LA titles also were and they need to be stripped of them. As far as Powe, he got the calls cause he was being aggressive going strong to the rim constantly and was constantly getting hit in the process.

You are ridiculous. I know you didn't watch Game 2, you lyin' ass bitch. If you did, you'd be just as appalled by the BLATANT one sided officiating throughout the game.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »
LMAO man get the fuck outta here. You are emotional as it gets over this shit. YOU ARE FUCKIN DISTRAUGHT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA callin me out my name cause your guys didn't play well enough to win. Quit thinkin with your emotions like a female. Talk to me when you're ready to be a man again.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »
^^Yes, but that's what the league wants, is the fans involved, and it could provide a HUGE momentum shift now going to L.A. As for it being rigged, this whole match-up of "Celtics-Lakers" and the Paul Pierce injury-comeback make it look a little like wrestling, but people need to stop complaining about the refs. What about Vlad traveling on that dunk after he stole the ball? And Leon Powe went to the line so many times because he was going strong to the basket and the Lakers' interior defense wasn't playing so solid.

um... I was answering the question from an nba perspective.... not a team. I made myself clear on that. 

yes.. there is fan involvement to consider... but outside of fan advantage this season the home/road advantage and disadvantages have been odd and puzzling. it does make one wonder.....

I really don't get what you are saying, and what I said against your point? You mentioned it being a major advantage for the home team (I'm guessing talking about the refs favoring the home team as well), and I agree that it has been crazy the way the home teams have dominated, but I think that is what the NBA wants. They want the fans to be involved, and feel like they have an impact.

The points I made about the individual calls of the specific game were not intended for your statement, but they were towards the original topic.
I got a bird's eye view

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »
the Laker fans are being rediculous!  Rigged?  LMFAO, NIK are you THAT BIG OF A SORE LOSER?  The calls go both ways dude.  There were a few calls early in the game against KG that were weak calls, on moving screen ect...there were also a coupld questionable calls on Kobe early in the game with Ray Allen on him, but thats the way it goes.  Stop blaming the refs and ask yourself how many times did Kobe go in the paint ?  He needs to get to the line more, but its hard becuase of Bostons defense. 

Boston was the best team in the NBA the whole regular season.  I dont see how all the laker fans on here were picking them as some sort of huge underdog before this series started.  Best defensive team in the League, plus offensive players like KG, PP and Ray is pretty fucking hard to stop, even if you have Kobe.  KG owns Gasol/Lamar in the paint, and the rest of the Celtic role players are as hungry or hungrier than the Lakers to go after lose balls.

Stop whining and man up, take your losses and hope for the best in LA.

WestCoasta

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »
^ you're getting the misconception of things wrong... don't pay attention to NIK, you know he's off the wall no matter what

people aren't arguing that the Lakers should be up 2-0 because of calls or that it's rigged (other than extremists)

anyone who truely watched the game looking for an actual good Finals game can just see how gay the refs were calling it

that's it.... no arguments, no stats, nothing, all you had to do was watch the game to see how bad they had to fuck up a potentially good game

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »

I really don't get what you are saying, and what I said against your point? You mentioned it being a major advantage for the home team (I'm guessing talking about the refs favoring the home team as well), and I agree that it has been crazy the way the home teams have dominated, but I think that is what the NBA wants. They want the fans to be involved, and feel like they have an impact.

The points I made about the individual calls of the specific game were not intended for your statement, but they were towards the original topic.

all good...

my post wasn't a Laker/Celtic thing.... which you used as examples in your post. I was just being clear with that for my own posts on this particular topic. 

and like I said, I know that fan involvement has to be there.... I was just wondering what these games would be like if none of these teams had court advantage or call advantage...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
^ you're getting the misconception of things wrong... don't pay attention to NIK, you know he's off the wall no matter what

people aren't arguing that the Lakers should be up 2-0 because of calls or that it's rigged (other than extremists)

anyone who truely watched the game looking for an actual good Finals game can just see how gay the refs were calling it

that's it.... no arguments, no stats, nothing, all you had to do was watch the game to see how bad they had to fuck up a potentially good game

You can diss me all you want, but everything I've said has been 100% true. The question isn't whether these were bad calls or not. The question is whether these were lopsided calls in Boston's favor purely because of poor officiating or whether the games are rigged to go Boston's way to begin with. Only and idiot would claim there's another alternative which doesn't include biased officiating.