Poll

Do the zebras run the show?

Yes
8 (42.1%)
No
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Is the NBA rigged?  (Read 544 times)

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Is the NBA rigged?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »
I think everyone will realize that it IS rigged when we get 30 or more calls in our favor tomorrow.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
I think everyone will realize that it IS rigged when we get 30 or more calls in our favor tomorrow.

Ever since I saw the Mavs getting screwed by the refs and that bitch Stern by the Heat...I realized that everything is rigged in the NBA...

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 11:31:26 PM »
^^Yes, but that's what the league wants, is the fans involved, and it could provide a HUGE momentum shift now going to L.A. As for it being rigged, this whole match-up of "Celtics-Lakers" and the Paul Pierce injury-comeback make it look a little like wrestling, but people need to stop complaining about the refs. What about Vlad traveling on that dunk after he stole the ball? And Leon Powe went to the line so many times because he was going strong to the basket and the Lakers' interior defense wasn't playing so solid.

um... I was answering the question from an nba perspective.... not a team. I made myself clear on that. 

yes.. there is fan involvement to consider... but outside of fan advantage this season the home/road advantage and disadvantages have been odd and puzzling. it does make one wonder.....

I really don't get what you are saying, and what I said against your point? You mentioned it being a major advantage for the home team (I'm guessing talking about the refs favoring the home team as well), and I agree that it has been crazy the way the home teams have dominated, but I think that is what the NBA wants. They want the fans to be involved, and feel like they have an impact.

The points I made about the individual calls of the specific game were not intended for your statement, but they were towards the original topic.

all good...

my post wasn't a Laker/Celtic thing.... which you used as examples in your post. I was just being clear with that for my own posts on this particular topic. 

and like I said, I know that fan involvement has to be there.... I was just wondering what these games would be like if none of these teams had court advantage or call advantage...
Ok ok, I get it much more clearly now, I probably should have separated the points to avoid confusion.

It would be interesting to see the difference in neutral sites, like the Super Bowl or NCAA Championship, but that won't happen because it's a best of 7 series. However, while I didn't see the officiating with the Laker vision, it should be called the same for each team, regardless of who has home court, no question about that.

Even bigger question, would people still watch if it was uncovered that there was a lot more corruption than just Donaghy? Would you lose all faith in the NBA? Would you ever watch again?
I got a bird's eye view

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 11:35:18 PM »
yeah, it was just food for thought... I know it will never happen or even be considered. Hell, I'm not even sure I want to see it... but I would be curious to see an outcome.

As for the bad refs..... I love the game and it's so much more fun to watch than any sport to me. But it would ruin the experience. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:30 PM »
^^Yeah, it would be so crushing that I try to block out negative thinking like that. Although, wrestling still does very well, and I'm pretty sure most fans know that it's not real.
I got a bird's eye view

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 12:00:58 AM »
^^Yeah, it would be so crushing that I try to block out negative thinking like that. Although, wrestling still does very well, and I'm pretty sure most fans know that it's not real.

lmao... don't give Vince any ideas. He already tried with the XFL.

As for any bad exposed refs.... whoever is heading up the Gambinos or the Genovese's will probably see to it that we never find these refs. Unless they are found at the bottom of the lake wearing cement shoes one day.  8)   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »
Any new opinions with the Donaghy allegations coming out?

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
I'm not sure NIK.  The ESPN Ticker said an official (can't remember his name off the top of my head) said that there were some occasions when a high ranking official would come in and say "so and so has been doing this, watch for it" and that it puts thoughts into the refs heads.

Who knows.  I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that the league is not rigged, but a piece of me says it is.  Everybody, even people who don't really watch basketball, knows about LA vs Boston, and that its going to get ratings.  Is it a coincidence they both made the Finals when they both had good teams? 

The league has struggled since MJ retired.  Nobody, except for people from Texas, myself included, like the Spurs and they have been winning more than anybody else since MJ retired.  They make it to the Finals and win four times and each time is piss poorly rated because only die hard NBA fans watched.  Maybe Stern made it known that the league should push for the ultimate Finals this year, LA/Boston.  Maybe he never actually said it straight up, but dropped hints to people here and there. 
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
the only reason those alligations came to light was because he doesn't want to pay the $1 million in reparations the NBA wants because of his actions. He's dry snitching to get a lighter sentence. Anyone that believes the NBA is rigged is naieve. Even if that game Six in 2002 was rigged, Game Seven was in Sacramento and they lost it on their home court.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »
Any new opinions with the Donaghy allegations coming out?

David Stern is losing some of my respect by the way he's handling this.

All kidding about Lakers-Kings 2002 aside, I certainly hope the NBA was not rigged.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »
I'm not sure NIK.  The ESPN Ticker said an official (can't remember his name off the top of my head) said that there were some occasions when a high ranking official would come in and say "so and so has been doing this, watch for it" and that it puts thoughts into the refs heads.

Who knows.  I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that the league is not rigged, but a piece of me says it is.  Everybody, even people who don't really watch basketball, knows about LA vs Boston, and that its going to get ratings.  Is it a coincidence they both made the Finals when they both had good teams? 

The league has struggled since MJ retired.  Nobody, except for people from Texas, myself included, like the Spurs and they have been winning more than anybody else since MJ retired.  They make it to the Finals and win four times and each time is piss poorly rated because only die hard NBA fans watched.  Maybe Stern made it known that the league should push for the ultimate Finals this year, LA/Boston.  Maybe he never actually said it straight up, but dropped hints to people here and there. 

I think you kind of crushed your own conspiracy theory there.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »
there are a lot of holes in this situation that the media isn't picking up on. All you have to do is look at the series as a whole, and you can clearly see it wasn't fixed...Sacramento flat out lost the series.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »
there are a lot of holes in this situation that the media isn't picking up on. All you have to do is look at the series as a whole, and you can clearly see it wasn't fixed...Sacramento flat out lost the series.

LOLLL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »
yes, its hard to take the league seriously and even care anymore its pathetic

and when did the league stop calling travels?

40 years ago.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »
its not rigged only that game 6 was becuz the NBA DESPERATELY NEEDED THAT GAME 7

The Best of 3 Worlds