Author Topic: How many times is John Gotti mentioned in rap songs LOL  (Read 730 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
How many times is John Gotti mentioned in rap songs LOL
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
At least 500,000 times lol,  I have about 4,000 tracks on my ipod from sooo many different artists and I honestly think almost every one of them has mentioned the legendary Gotti at least once.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:06:36 PM by Spice »

DIP DIP SET SET

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Re: How many times is John Gotti mentioned in rap songs LOL
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »

Evil?  yes
Brutal murderer?  yes

But that guy had fuckin style.

They said there would never be another Al Capone but then there was John Gotti,  guaranteed there will never be another John Gotti ever again.

DIP DIP SET SET

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
^^^ wasent that good of a boss. Wait he was a good boss in a sense that everyone loved him. HIs people were loyal but at the same time he was boss and in the matter of what 5 years he was in jail?? Carlo Gambino hekpd that familly down for like 20 years without going to jail.

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
"Too many rap niggas be on John Gotti's dick."

-Mef

"4 Seasons"

acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »
I wish I had trademark rights to his name.  If I had a nickel for everytime a rapper mentioned him in a song, I would have a shitload of nickels.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 11:21:58 PM »
You are right his rise to boss in the Gambino family is legendary but yeah overall he wasn't a great boss in the fact that a crime boss isnt supposed to be flashy and look for attention and all that.  Carlo is the most successfull crime boss ever over 20 years as boss,  unreal  but during Gotti's reign the FBI was after the Mafia much harder then any other time period in American history.  Yeah John was only boss for 6 years and then spent the next 10 in prison where he died but all those years he taunted law enforcement and dared them to get him and hell he beat the government 3 different times but yeah his flamboyant style helped ruin the family and cost him his freedom but it didn't matter,  the FBI wasn't going to sleep until they got him,  it was just a matter of time and he always knew that.  You got to respect the guys courage though no doubt.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:27:00 PM by Spice »

DIP DIP SET SET

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:19:52 AM »
You are right his rise to boss in the Gambino family is legendary but yeah overall he wasn't a great boss in the fact that a crime boss isnt supposed to be flashy and look for attention and all that.  Carlo is the most successfull crime boss ever over 20 years as boss,  unreal  but during Gotti's reign the FBI was after the Mafia much harder then any other time period in American history.  Yeah John was only boss for 6 years and then spent the next 10 in prison where he died but all those years he taunted law enforcement and dared them to get him and hell he beat the government 3 different times but yeah his flamboyant style helped ruin the family and cost him his freedom but it didn't matter,  the FBI wasn't going to sleep until they got him,  it was just a matter of time and he always knew that.  You got to respect the guys courage though no doubt.
That pretty much sums it up from what I know...but if it was just a matter of time, then still he would have limited the damage by keeping shit on the low rather than being that flashy big-time criminal he happened to be and that's why I agree with others, he gets way too much love. Which obviously makes your original observation correct, at a point the Gotti references kinda made it to the league of the "hand on my gun" quote or rhyming "highway" with "my way" like Blue Eyes did - it just got fucking lame.

D-Stress

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:46:29 AM »
"i dont pray to god, i pray to gotti" jay-z  ::)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »
"i dont pray to god, i pray to gotti" jay-z  ::)
yeah, such a dope song and such a wack line, I never liked it

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
the funny thing is, gotti didnt respect black people, to put it lightly...

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »

yeah he said to be a you know what is an embarrassment.  No one said he was a good guy

DIP DIP SET SET

D-Stress

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
"i dont pray to god, i pray to gotti" jay-z
Pwn3d

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »
LMAO, for real, none of them do, we mulyouoms, lol, eggplants word? Lol. So I don't know why niggas is obbessed wit the mafia and shit. 

This is what I say ???

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Ya alotta people use his name LOL!!!

"ill shotty a nigga, John Gotti a nigga, he think im soft, Ya Boy gon have to body a nigga, imma ride on a nigga, say goodbye to ya nigga, hit him with the chop suey, KARATE A NIGGA"

Ya Boy

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »
"I didn't pray to God, I prayed to Gotti" - Jay-Z