Author Topic: Kobe Ain't No MJ  (Read 1705 times)

cyence

• 'G'
Re: Kobe Ain't No MJ
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
i agree kobe does have a bright future ahead of him and he has time to get near jordan's level but until then he aint

first ppl say it depends on the whole team and one person cant do it all.. and now they say he took them to the finals from a 42 win season.. which is it

also after the gasol trade all the laker fans were saying how the lakers have the best team in the league and are gonna win the championship no doubt

some people are good at adapting to situations and coming up with excuses for every scenario

As of now, Kobe at 29 is more skilled and accomplished than Jordan at 29. He's on the path to ending his career as the greatest player ever, simple as that.
In what way is Kobe more skilled exactly? link?
And yeah, Kobe's TEAMS(anchored by Shaq) have accomplished more than Jordans Teams by 29. Robert Horry TEAMS had accomplished more than Kobe and Jordan teams by age 29. So whatchusayin??
Take those Lakers teams and replace Kobe the sidekick with young healthy Dwayne Wade, Penny, Ray Allen, Grant Hill, T-Mac...and the results would have been the same. Lakers championships with SHAQ GETTIN ALL THE FINALS MVP'S
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:37:12 PM by cyence »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 05:51:31 PM »
CAREER #'s

PPG- Jordan 30.1, Kobe 25.0
FG%- Jordan .497 Kobe .453
FT%- Jordan 83% Kobe 83%
3pt%- Jordan 33% Kobe 34%
RPG- Jordan 6.2   Kobe 5.3
APG- Jordan 5.3   Kobe 4.6
SPG- Jordan 2.4   Kobe 1.5
BPG- Jordan .83   Kobe .58

Now it gets real interesting....Here are their playoff stats.  Notice that Jordan INCREASES in every category or stays flat....Overrated Kobe actually DROPS IN EVERY CATEGORY.

PPG- Jordan 33.4    Kobe 22.6
FG%- Jordan 49%   Kobe 43%
FT%- Jordan 83%    Kobe 79%
3pt%-Jordan 33%    Kobe 32%
RPG- Jordan 6.4     Kobe 4.8
APG- Jordan 5.7     Kobe 4.4

Awards???/

Jordan- 6 MVP's.....Kobe 1 MVP's
Jordan- 6 Championships......Kobe 3 Championships
Jordan- 9 All NBA 1st team...Kobe 6 times
Jordan- 9 All NBA Defensive 1st team.....Kobe 6 times
Jordan- All-Star every season....Kobe 10 of 12
Jordan- Rookie of the year
Jordan- Defensive player of year

Okay, okay...Jordan played more seasons right?  Well he played 15 seasons with 2 of them shortened.  So the numbers are vey comparable.  I am tired of hearing about this comparison.  There are plenty of other players Kobe can be compared to.  MJ is not one of them.  MJ increased his game when it counted, Kobes game decreases.  These are hard numbers.  Somebody please try to argue this one.

wow..its done...arguement over!

What's done? Don't be an idiot and think that comparing Jordan's CAREER achievments to Kobe's is fair when Kobe is only halfway through. Seriously, now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
pierce is the celtics captain and clear team leader.

takin a 24-win team to the finals > takin a 42 win team.

pierce's team had the greatest turnaround in nba history. kobe led his team to being 2008 nba finals losers.

go type in caps some more, u mad jew? ahaha

Pierce wasn't even the MVP candidate on his team...LMAO@your retarded comparisons and any idiot who eats them up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2008, 05:56:46 PM »
i agree kobe does have a bright future ahead of him and he has time to get near jordan's level but until then he aint

first ppl say it depends on the whole team and one person cant do it all.. and now they say he took them to the finals from a 42 win season.. which is it

also after the gasol trade all the laker fans were saying how the lakers have the best team in the league and are gonna win the championship no doubt

some people are good at adapting to situations and coming up with excuses for every scenario

As of now, Kobe at 29 is more skilled and accomplished than Jordan at 29. He's on the path to ending his career as the greatest player ever, simple as that.
In what way is Kobe more skilled exactly? link?
And yeah, Kobe's TEAMS(anchored by Shaq) have accomplished more than Jordans Teams by 29. Robert Horry TEAMS had accomplished more than Kobe and Jordan teams by age 29. So whatchusayin??
Take those Lakers teams and replace Kobe the sidekick with young healthy Dwayne Wade, Penny, Ray Allen, Grant Hill, T-Mac...and the results would have been the same. Lakers championships with SHAQ GETTIN ALL THE FINALS MVP'S

Kobe is a better shooter, has more range, better dribbles, better drive to the hoop, just the better overall scorer with more in his arsenal. You're claiming that Kobe and T-Mac, Penny, Wade, etc. are on the same level. LMFAO! And people think I'm the one making ridiculous claims? :grumpy: We already saw what Shaq did with Penny and then Wade. NOTHING. Got schooled by Hakeem with Penny and had to take a backseat to Wade to win that 1 fluke title...You're literally insane if you think ANY PLAYER could replace Kobe on those 3peat Laker teams. Wait, you're insane either way. You said Penny could threepeat with Shaq. LOLLLLLL. :puke:

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »
I didnt say any of those players were as good as Kobe sonny. I'm sayin Kobe was a SIDEKICK on them teams that Shaq was clearly the best player on.
Everybody knows Laker Shaq is in a whole other league than Orlando and Miami Shaq. LOL @ your stupidity. Yeah a young Shaq with Penny got schooled by Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. Yeah a OLD Shaq got carried by Wade
PRIME Shaq faced Indiana, New Jersey, and Philly in the Finals and destroyed them all
Put any all star wing player in Kobe's place on THAT LAKERS TEAM and they'll do the same thing he did, be a 2nd string sidekick that wins titles with a prime Shaq being the anchor on the team.  Yeah...there are no wing players capable of putting up the 22ppg on 41% shooting that the god Kobe put up during those 4 Finals....

Come on son you got to come at me with something substantial...You got to be like 17 years old..lol @ all the gag smileys. The only thing gag worthy is your man lust for Kobe that doesnt allow you and those of your kind to use the other side of your brains and be reasonable in a basketball discussion. Kobe aint even in the top 2 LAKERS of all time, let alone to be the GOAT

And I'm still waiting for you to prove how Kobe is so superior than MJ at EVERYTHING with something other than baseless comments
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:56:32 PM by cyence »

thisoneguy360

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?

Dewayne Wade
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick, I bet Tony Allen coulda replaced him and shit woulda still been the same.

See what I'm dealing with here?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
Again, compare them at the end of Kobe's career.  As of now, it's not even close when you list accomplishments.  You guys with your hypotheticals can blow it out your ass.  Base it on what actually transpired, not what could have.

Lets see...Jordan@29=1 title. Kobe@29=3 titles...Still LOL@"not close when you list accomplishments".

If Jordan had the most dominant center of all time when he came into the league he would have won earlier than he did.  Your arguement that Kobe has more titles at a certain age is completely meaningless.  Show me how many rings, how many mvps, and how many finals losses are on MJ's resume.

And since you're the king of woulda coulda shoulda, Jordan would have 8 rings and 7 mvps if he hadn't left in his absolute prime.

LOL, yea right, Jordan would have 8 rings?...That's why he lost won he first came back. ::) If anything, Jordan had time to revitalize himself for the next threepeat with that first retirement. Regardless, Jordan DID need dominant players to succeed. It might not have been a dominant center, but Pippen was a dominant defender and was even considered the 2nd best player in the league behind Jordan when they were on top of shit...MJ might not have Finals losses, but there have been years where he didn't even make the playoffs! Finals losses>Not making the playoffs, so that just kills your whole argument of Finals losses meaning shit. Kobe will have at least 6 rings by the time he retires, and who knows how many MVPS. But MVPs don't mean shit...we all know what those awards mean nowadays...PeACe

Pssh, they didn't win when he came back initially because he didn't come back until like March and was still feeling things out.  He showed flashes of brilliance in those games that season, but still was very rusty after completely walking away for 2 seasons. 

Jordan 6-0 in the finals
Kobe 3-1 (and about to be 3-2)

So you're saying you'd rather make the playoffs every year and go 3-2 when it came to championships, verses missing playoffs completely (early in your career mind you - you do remember LA / BOSTON / DETROIT teams, correct?) but you were 6-0 in the finals? 

I don't think you'll find a single person to back you up on that.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
This question shouldn't even be asked. MJ hands down the greatest player that has ever played the game he has never lost a nba finals series and kobe is about to lose his second simple as that. MJ=GOAT. Close Thread.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick, I bet Tony Allen coulda replaced him and shit woulda still been the same.

See what I'm dealing with here?

Kobe as the leader of his team has exactly the same amount of titles as T-Mac and Penny have as the leaders of their teams, so I guess you could say that.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
Laker fa...scatch that. Kobe fans will never understand this. Even though the rest of the world does. Whether you were a Bulls fan in the 90's....or a Knicks fan and hated him...you would agree that there is a definete difference between Jordan and every other player ever. Kobe is part of that group. Im a Spurs fan, and Duncan is probably the best power forward of all time. But im not stupid enough (like some) to think that Jordan still wasnt on another level.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »
there 1 and 2 in my mind..jordan was great no doubt it and so is kobe wats the big deal? kobe is the only person usually compared to jordan so i think thats pretty big in its own way

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 11:08:03 PM »
i gotta go with jordan... it was much harder to score back then with the defensive rules and all, and jordan got his ASS BEAT  yet still managed to lead his team to championships i dont think anyone ever could stop michael dude had that awsome fade away jumper and his post game back in those days you had to have one to be a dominant offensive threat was sick (see sam cassell , gary payton)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
there 1 and 2 in my mind..jordan was great no doubt it and so is kobe wats the big deal? kobe is the only person usually compared to jordan so i think thats pretty big in its own way

Kobe is the only person usually compared to Jordan right NOW. There have been tons compared to him in the past. Thing is, Kobe plays the same position as him. So I agree, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever. There usually arent comparisons between Jordan and Wilt. Or any bigmen because you cant compare them. So being compared to Jordan doesnt make u the second best player of all time lolol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"