Author Topic: Kobe Ain't No MJ  (Read 1707 times)

OchoCinco

Re: Kobe Ain't No MJ
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »
there 1 and 2 in my mind..jordan was great no doubt it and so is kobe wats the big deal? kobe is the only person usually compared to jordan so i think thats pretty big in its own way

Kobe is the only person usually compared to Jordan right NOW. There have been tons compared to him in the past. Thing is, Kobe plays the same position as him. So I agree, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever. There usually arent comparisons between Jordan and Wilt. Or any bigmen because you cant compare them. So being compared to Jordan doesnt make u the second best player of all time lolol

did i say that ..read my shit...they call jordan the best alltime...obviously u cant compare him to other postions..thats common sense come on....jordan just the most popular player....and i mean kobe is still young so when its all said and done is when u can compare the two.....there both amazing players wats the big deal....
couple classic clips https://www.youtube.com/v/TC-kKQMue4g   

i mean if there comparin him at 19 you knew he was something special....and like they said there will never be another micheal jordan...its jus liek there wont be another wayne gretzky...they will be the people that everyones compared too... i mean look at babe ruth..others can break his records and shit but hes still called one of the best i mean they dont call bonds one of the best ....its just one of those things....

but ye there both the most exciting players and both are great

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 12:13:30 AM »
Again, compare them at the end of Kobe's career.  As of now, it's not even close when you list accomplishments.  You guys with your hypotheticals can blow it out your ass.  Base it on what actually transpired, not what could have.

Lets see...Jordan@29=1 title. Kobe@29=3 titles...Still LOL@"not close when you list accomplishments".

If Jordan had the most dominant center of all time when he came into the league he would have won earlier than he did.  Your arguement that Kobe has more titles at a certain age is completely meaningless.  Show me how many rings, how many mvps, and how many finals losses are on MJ's resume.

And since you're the king of woulda coulda shoulda, Jordan would have 8 rings and 7 mvps if he hadn't left in his absolute prime.

LOL, yea right, Jordan would have 8 rings?...That's why he lost won he first came back. ::) If anything, Jordan had time to revitalize himself for the next threepeat with that first retirement. Regardless, Jordan DID need dominant players to succeed. It might not have been a dominant center, but Pippen was a dominant defender and was even considered the 2nd best player in the league behind Jordan when they were on top of shit...MJ might not have Finals losses, but there have been years where he didn't even make the playoffs! Finals losses>Not making the playoffs, so that just kills your whole argument of Finals losses meaning shit. Kobe will have at least 6 rings by the time he retires, and who knows how many MVPS. But MVPs don't mean shit...we all know what those awards mean nowadays...PeACe

Pssh, they didn't win when he came back initially because he didn't come back until like March and was still feeling things out.  He showed flashes of brilliance in those games that season, but still was very rusty after completely walking away for 2 seasons. 

Jordan 6-0 in the finals
Kobe 3-1 (and about to be 3-2)

So you're saying you'd rather make the playoffs every year and go 3-2 when it came to championships, verses missing playoffs completely (early in your career mind you - you do remember LA / BOSTON / DETROIT teams, correct?) but you were 6-0 in the finals? 

I don't think you'll find a single person to back you up on that.

Being to the Finals is greater than getting bounced in the 1st round, which happened to Jordan a few times. WHAT DONT YOU GET ABOUT THAT? When Jordan finally did make it to the Finals, he always had the perfect complimentary players.. he never went through experimental seasons (Payton+Malone) or playing without the 2nd best player on the team (Bynum) throughout his whole career. Pippen was by his side through every single one of those Finals along with an amazing supporting cast. Give Kobe time before you talk shit. As of now, he's on pace to ending his career as the greatest..PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:50 AM »
This question shouldn't even be asked. MJ hands down the greatest player that has ever played the game he has never lost a nba finals series and kobe is about to lose his second simple as that. MJ=GOAT. Close Thread.

He's lost in quite a few first rounds. LOL. Making Finals>Making 1st Round. I love these Jordan fanatic arguments.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »
Laker fa...scatch that. Kobe fans will never understand this. Even though the rest of the world does. Whether you were a Bulls fan in the 90's....or a Knicks fan and hated him...you would agree that there is a definete difference between Jordan and every other player ever. Kobe is part of that group. Im a Spurs fan, and Duncan is probably the best power forward of all time. But im not stupid enough (like some) to think that Jordan still wasnt on another level.

I guess Mark Jackson, who's PLAYED AGAINST HIM, doesn't count for shit...and Phil Jackson, who's COACHED BOTH PLAYERS. Naah, his opinion on this matter is just as worthless, huh?...Jordan was just greater cuz he was greater! Right? That's the argument. The NBA got you good with all that marketing, huh? Don't forget that the league made Jordan untouchable, sorta like the opposite of what they've done with Kobe. But naah, none of that matters, Jordan was just the greatest! Kobe=more range, more dribbles, stronger slash to the hoop, wider arsenal, better scorer, more titles at younger age, less respect from refs/leage. No way, though. Jordan's gotta be the greatest. Cuz everyone fuckin says so! ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »
i gotta go with jordan... it was much harder to score back then with the defensive rules and all, and jordan got his ASS BEAT  yet still managed to lead his team to championships i dont think anyone ever could stop michael dude had that awsome fade away jumper and his post game back in those days you had to have one to be a dominant offensive threat was sick (see sam cassell , gary payton)

Uh, no...With the zone defense rules nowadays, it is HARDER for perimeter players to score. That, along with the fact that you couldn't breathe on Jordan without getting called for a foul (while Kobe consistently gets pounded on drives to the hoop with no calls) makes your whole claim ludicrous.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 01:11:10 AM »
kobe lost in the first round the last what, 4 years? and when niccas said lebron was a better lead for actually gettin to the finals but then losing, this jew said just gettin to the finals dont mean shiet, that winning in the finals is what counts for a great leader. but now that his hero is about to get served for his 2nd straight finals loss, its all just about GETTIN there. hahahah, old bacwards ass fag.

how many of yall agree with me when i say this faggot ass jew probly wishes he was the white girl in colorado that kobe raped? only then his superman kobe woulda never been in trouble cuz jewboy woulda been beggin for it. nicca probly searches ebay for used kobe jerseys so he can sniff em.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 02:19:35 AM »
some of you lakers groupies iz blinded by being such cocriders. kobe refuses to lose? hahahaha cuzz has LOST 6 of his last NBA FINALS GAMES. yeah, da nicca refuses to lose  ::)

not only did jordan dominate the nba as the greatest ever, tha nicca actually went out and WON titles as a LEADER and without a doubt the best player on the team, (kobe still hasnt, people can argue about who was better, clearly shaq) aint nobody have to make up all these complicated what if dream scenarious talkin about 'well if the sun woulda set at 5 55 instead of 5 58 then kobe would have 18 more titles' and 'kobe is the best ever, he has all the best teams when u count them in games they SHOULDA won and COULDA won....[but not that he actually won]"

plus this faggot jew keeps talkin about at 29 bla bla bla, the niccas didn't start at the same ages and kobe's marc ass skipped college, of course he was younger when he rode shaq to 3 titles. the nicca jordan is a college champion and olympic gold medalist too, which all the hall of famers respect. jordan is a champ on the three biggest basketball stages. jordan has 5 mpvs, 6 finals mvps, never missed the playoffs as a bull (with wac ass teams thru the 80s) NEVER LOST in the finals, didn't have shaq to piggybacc on, hahaha the list goes on. kobe meanwhile has ZERO titles as a leader.

as for sayin the nicca took a 42 win team to the finals, nicca get off the bullshit. u jews is known to be liars. u tryin to get moral victories now cuz yo wacc ass team is bein exposed as bitches in the finals. the 42 win team had niccas like brian cook, mo evans, kwame brown, smush parker and shammond williams. stop tryna act like kobe took THOSE niggas or THAT team to the finals hahaha. the nicca had to beg kupchac to make a trade for Gasol and Ariza (two much betta players) so he could stop whinin about bad teammates and fag ass kobe STILL cant win shiet.

CANT SAY IT BETTEr, PERFECT POST

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick, I bet Tony Allen coulda replaced him and shit woulda still been the same.

See what I'm dealing with here?

exactly....

i thought u were the kobe fan.... why did you back a perfect argument against him

Elano

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 06:51:27 AM »
plus this faggot jew keeps talkin about at 29 bla bla bla,

LMAO

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?
Wow, Kobe stepped up to dominate ONE game against the Pacers, JOYGASMS. He hit some shotsat times when Shaq was on the bench, PARADE TIME. There's not an elite wingman in the past 15 years besides Bean that could be the man for short spurts. Kobe's 22 ppg on 41% fg in the Finals is a benchmark
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:50:19 AM by cyence »

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick to an unstoppable Laker Shaq,

Yep :)
and btw lemme know how many Shaq-less back to back 40 point games against the #2 seed in the playoffs the best scorer of all-time Bean has. Penny the scrub awaits your answer....Dont come with regular season numbers either
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:21:38 AM by cyence »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
kobe lost in the first round the last what, 4 years? and when niccas said lebron was a better lead for actually gettin to the finals but then losing, this jew said just gettin to the finals dont mean shiet, that winning in the finals is what counts for a great leader. but now that his hero is about to get served for his 2nd straight finals loss, its all just about GETTIN there. hahahah, old bacwards ass fag.

how many of yall agree with me when i say this faggot ass jew probly wishes he was the white girl in colorado that kobe raped? only then his superman kobe woulda never been in trouble cuz jewboy woulda been beggin for it. nicca probly searches ebay for used kobe jerseys so he can sniff em.

Kobe lost in the first round the past TWO years (not four)...that's still less than Jordan. LOL. Now think about it.. getting to the Finals in the Eastern conference is cool and all, but it doesn't mean a whole lot. Especially when you get swept once you arrive, because you obviously played lackluster teams to get there. Getting to the Finals in one of the most competitive Western conferences in NBA history is a whole different story. I never said it's all about getting there, cuz clearly, it's NOT. but getting to the Finals is better than not getting to the Finals, so shut your ass up and learn how to comprehend. You obviously love Kobe more than I do...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:22:48 PM by Now_I_Know »

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
You obviously love Kobe more than I do

kobes parents dont even love him as much as you do

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »
You obviously love Kobe more than I do

kobes parents dont even love him as much as you do

Is Kobe the greatest player when he steps out on the court? Yes
Are Laker fans spoiled to have him on their team? Yes
Do I love him? No, but you nutriders obviously do

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »
plus this faggot jew keeps talkin about at 29 bla bla bla,

LMAO

Do I turn you on or something? Lets see a pic of you, Elano. I'm sure you're a really cool guy: