Author Topic: Kobe Ain't No MJ  (Read 1704 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Kobe Ain't No MJ
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick, I bet Tony Allen coulda replaced him and shit woulda still been the same.

See what I'm dealing with here?

exactly....

i thought u were the kobe fan.... why did you back a perfect argument against him

:stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
^ Lol @ Kobe being a sidekick, who put up points when Shaq fouled out and got benched cause he couldn't shoot free throws?

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick to an unstoppable Laker Shaq,

Yep :)
and btw lemme know how many Shaq-less back to back 40 point games against the #2 seed in the playoffs the best scorer of all-time Bean has. Penny the scrub awaits your answer....Dont come with regular season numbers either

You just agreed that T-Mac and Penny are as clutch and as valuable as Kobe...There's no reasoning with haters such as yourself. End of discussion.

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
that guy is trippin

mj >>>> kobe >> lebron> tmac, wade, penny, etc

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
lemme ask yall a question... WHO WOULD DOMINATE MORE IN THESE FINALS RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE

SHAQ IN HIS PRIME OR KOBE BRYANT NOW IN HIS PRIME???

easy choice id go with SHAQ :)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2008, 06:53:36 PM »
This question shouldn't even be asked. MJ hands down the greatest player that has ever played the game he has never lost a nba finals series and kobe is about to lose his second simple as that. MJ=GOAT. Close Thread.

He's lost in quite a few first rounds. LOL. Making Finals>Making 1st Round. I love these Jordan fanatic arguments.

These "Jordan fanatic arguments" definitely have a lot more merit to them than the Kobe fanatic arguments. Jordan is proven, is a legend and is widely heralded as the best player to ever set foot on the hardwood. Miss me with the "Well Phil Jackson says Kobe is better," nonsense. Of course he's gonna say that. He knows he has to cater to Kobe's ego.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
Laker fa...scatch that. Kobe fans will never understand this. Even though the rest of the world does. Whether you were a Bulls fan in the 90's....or a Knicks fan and hated him...you would agree that there is a definete difference between Jordan and every other player ever. Kobe is part of that group. Im a Spurs fan, and Duncan is probably the best power forward of all time. But im not stupid enough (like some) to think that Jordan still wasnt on another level.

I guess Mark Jackson, who's PLAYED AGAINST HIM, doesn't count for shit...and Phil Jackson, who's COACHED BOTH PLAYERS. Naah, his opinion on this matter is just as worthless, huh?...Jordan was just greater cuz he was greater! Right? That's the argument. The NBA got you good with all that marketing, huh? Don't forget that the league made Jordan untouchable, sorta like the opposite of what they've done with Kobe. But naah, none of that matters, Jordan was just the greatest! Kobe=more range, more dribbles, stronger slash to the hoop, wider arsenal, better scorer, more titles at younger age, less respect from refs/leage. No way, though. Jordan's gotta be the greatest. Cuz everyone fuckin says so! ::)

Wow...see what us "MJ fans" have to deal? I don't understand why people even BOTHER trying to say anything to you. You got this  wall in your head, which blocks any reasoning from getting to you hahaha.

Woooooooow.

Anyways, YOU HAVN'T BROUGHT ANYTHING UP to PROVE KOBE IS BETTER THAN JORDAN...NOTHING!

We've seen what MJ has done by himself...YES...BY HIMSELF...What has Kobe done..by himself int he finals? Nothing yet..thats why we can't even COMPARE the two.

IF...yes IF...the Lakers come back and win this series. Only then can you compare the two. ANy person who watches basketball KNOWS Shaq was a MAJOR part of those 3 titles. If you want to realize it or not.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
mj = goat
kobe sings "i wanna be like mike"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »
lemme ask yall a question... WHO WOULD DOMINATE MORE IN THESE FINALS RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE

Shaq with no superstar guard to feed him? I don't think so. LOL.

This question shouldn't even be asked. MJ hands down the greatest player that has ever played the game he has never lost a nba finals series and kobe is about to lose his second simple as that. MJ=GOAT. Close Thread.

He's lost in quite a few first rounds. LOL. Making Finals>Making 1st Round. I love these Jordan fanatic arguments.

These "Jordan fanatic arguments" definitely have a lot more merit to them than the Kobe fanatic arguments. Jordan is proven, is a legend and is widely heralded as the best player to ever set foot on the hardwood. Miss me with the "Well Phil Jackson says Kobe is better," nonsense. Of course he's gonna say that. He knows he has to cater to Kobe's ego.

Just wait until Kobe's career is over...As of now, he's definitely on pace, and will remain in the talks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »
Laker fa...scatch that. Kobe fans will never understand this. Even though the rest of the world does. Whether you were a Bulls fan in the 90's....or a Knicks fan and hated him...you would agree that there is a definete difference between Jordan and every other player ever. Kobe is part of that group. Im a Spurs fan, and Duncan is probably the best power forward of all time. But im not stupid enough (like some) to think that Jordan still wasnt on another level.

I guess Mark Jackson, who's PLAYED AGAINST HIM, doesn't count for shit...and Phil Jackson, who's COACHED BOTH PLAYERS. Naah, his opinion on this matter is just as worthless, huh?...Jordan was just greater cuz he was greater! Right? That's the argument. The NBA got you good with all that marketing, huh? Don't forget that the league made Jordan untouchable, sorta like the opposite of what they've done with Kobe. But naah, none of that matters, Jordan was just the greatest! Kobe=more range, more dribbles, stronger slash to the hoop, wider arsenal, better scorer, more titles at younger age, less respect from refs/leage. No way, though. Jordan's gotta be the greatest. Cuz everyone fuckin says so! ::)

Wow...see what us "MJ fans" have to deal? I don't understand why people even BOTHER trying to say anything to you. You got this  wall in your head, which blocks any reasoning from getting to you hahaha.

Woooooooow.

Anyways, YOU HAVN'T BROUGHT ANYTHING UP to PROVE KOBE IS BETTER THAN JORDAN...NOTHING!

We've seen what MJ has done by himself...YES...BY HIMSELF...What has Kobe done..by himself int he finals? Nothing yet..thats why we can't even COMPARE the two.

IF...yes IF...the Lakers come back and win this series. Only then can you compare the two. ANy person who watches basketball KNOWS Shaq was a MAJOR part of those 3 titles. If you want to realize it or not.

First of all,we're talking about skill level, not accomplishments.. what don't you get about that? Jordan won all his titles in his 30s. Kobe is as good on the court and is on pace to earning more titles in the near future, on top of the 3 he's already collected. So Shaq played on the Lakers for those three titles, but what about all those arguments that the Bulls team of the 90s were untouchable, better than any of the threepeat Laker teams? How can you even dare to claim Jordan won anything by "himself"? do you realize how absurd YOU sound? Why do you choose to ignore that Pippen was a defensive anchor and a major factor as a facilitator on offense? Jordan had TWO all-stars by his side, with great supporting casts that came through for him in the clutch. I sometimes doubt if some of you guys even saw how huge Kobe would come up in the 4th quarters, making big plays in the most important moments of the game. Once again, just wait until Kobe's career is over...As of now, he's definitely on pace, and will remain in the talks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:35:21 PM by Now_I_Know »

teecee

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »
NIK, i agree with you that Kobe is arguably more talented or skilled then Jordan.  Fine, i accept that.  Watching him is like watching Jordan, a clone almost, and i think that is why Jordan fans get a bit touchy, and same with Kobe fans.  No one wants "their" guy to not be cionsidered the best.

BUT, in the end its all about results and accomplishments, not skills.  Can Kobe still surpass Jordan?  Of course he can, and he may very well do so.  BUt has a LONG WAYS to go.  Yes, Jordan had help, but name a one man bball team who has one a title?  All i know is Jordan was the MAIN factor and if you watched those games and series you know that.  Especially the one against the Jazz where he scored ALL of the big baskets.

Jordan PPG, APG, RPG all went up in the playoffs, and he was far and away the best player in 6 finals series.

As of now, Kobe has never been the best player in a finals series despite being in four.  And his numbers go down.  I know, it isnt all about numbers granted.  BUt we have all watched the series and Kobe has not been great. I was expecting, an i am sure we all were, a 400 ppg avg, or maybe close to a triple double.  Definitely not what we have seen.

Kobe himself will tell you he hasnt played well this series.  He has had spurts, and made a huge steal last night to cement the win.  BUt he has not been nearly as good so far as he should be

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »

lol Mark Jackson and Phil....thats what you got? lol. Mark is a member of the media, his job is to say something shocking, even if it IS stupid. Phil is coaching Kobe NOW. Kobe is known for having the biggest ego in basketball. Doesnt make much coaching sense for Phil to come out and say...."Jordans definetely better then Kobe" lol. More range? Debatable. Jordans fade-away was the second most dangerous weapon in league history. Dribbles? Possibly. But doesnt every player now have better handles then players 10....15....20...30 yrs ago? Its evolution. Slashing to the hoop? Very questionable. Jordan is possibly the best finisher at the hoop ever (Nique might take it). Better scorer? How do you define that? Points? PPG? Kobe=25 PPG. Jordan=30.1. Even if you took Kobe's first 3 seasons out (which you shouldnt), he's still at like 28.1. More titles at a younger age? LOL. Youre really reachin with that one. Horry has more titles then all of them...guess he's better also. Kobe wasnt the main guy on those title teams. Jordan was never the "Robin" on any of his title teams.

Some other categories...

Better Leader-Jordan
Better Defender-Jordan
Better Basketball IQ-Jordan
Respect from teammates/opponents-Jordan
Mental toughness-Jordan
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »

Just wait until Kobe's career is over...As of now, he's definitely on pace, and will remain in the talks.

NIK, I know youre a Kobe fan more then youre a Laker fan. And I know you follow Kobe, far more then you follow basketball. But Even IF Kobe in his prime dominates as much as Shaq did in his prime (key word, if)...Kobe would be getting set up by Shaq more then the other way around. An offense runs easier around a dominant bigman then a dominant perimeter player.

On a side note, "on pace" is one of the stupidest sayings ever used in sports. Griffey was "on pace" to shatter Babe Ruths homerun record. Barry Sanders was "on pace" to break the all time rushing record. Kobe Bryant is "on pace" to becoming the second best 2 guard ever.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
NIK, i agree with you that Kobe is arguably more talented or skilled then Jordan.  Fine, i accept that.  Watching him is like watching Jordan, a clone almost, and i think that is why Jordan fans get a bit touchy, and same with Kobe fans.  No one wants "their" guy to not be cionsidered the best.

BUT, in the end its all about results and accomplishments, not skills.  Can Kobe still surpass Jordan?  Of course he can, and he may very well do so.  BUt has a LONG WAYS to go.  Yes, Jordan had help, but name a one man bball team who has one a title?  All i know is Jordan was the MAIN factor and if you watched those games and series you know that.  Especially the one against the Jazz where he scored ALL of the big baskets.

Jordan PPG, APG, RPG all went up in the playoffs, and he was far and away the best player in 6 finals series.

As of now, Kobe has never been the best player in a finals series despite being in four.  And his numbers go down.  I know, it isnt all about numbers granted.  BUt we have all watched the series and Kobe has not been great. I was expecting, an i am sure we all were, a 400 ppg avg, or maybe close to a triple double.  Definitely not what we have seen.

Kobe himself will tell you he hasnt played well this series.  He has had spurts, and made a huge steal last night to cement the win.  BUt he has not been nearly as good so far as he should be

^Good points. Kobe definitely can play better than he has been in these Finals. I honestly think he's deferring wayyy too much on offense. But even the best of the best can't be perfect... though, there is always a certain aspect of the game the great ones excell in, even when they're not dominating the outlook of it. Just like Kobe, with his excellent defense last night (5 steals). Kobe is known to step up to the plate when it counts most. He's just been handeling business... the kind of player where he'll ALWAYS do his part and give it his all. Jordan, as of now, is the more ACCOMPLISHED athlete, not the BETTER athlete. At the end of the day, Kobe has a bright future ahead of him. People are forgetting he's still fairly young and keep acting like he's at the end of his career...Give it some time before you talk down upon the best in the business.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:48:33 PM by Now_I_Know »

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »

Everyone knows T-Mac and Penny woulda' came up just as big in those games, man! I mean, they're just so clutch, Lakers would definitely be a threepeat team regardless!!! Kobe is just a sidekick to an unstoppable Laker Shaq,

Yep :)
and btw lemme know how many Shaq-less back to back 40 point games against the #2 seed in the playoffs the best scorer of all-time Bean has. Penny the scrub awaits your answer....Dont come with regular season numbers either

You just agreed that T-Mac and Penny are as clutch and as valuable as Kobe...There's no reasoning with haters such as yourself. End of discussion.
It's end of discussion because you cant win one against a real basketball fan
T-Mac, Penny, Wade, LeBron, Ray, Pierce couldnt average 22 points on 41% shooting that Kobe put up in the Shaq Finals runs??? Answer Yes or No. Dont dodge the question son

and mentioning clutch, i repeat:
lemme know how many Shaq-less back to back 40 point games against the #2 seed in the playoffs the best scorer of all-time Bean has. Penny the unclutch scrub awaits your answer....Dont come with regular season numbers either

Everybody in this thread is schooling you...We can say the sky is blue and you'll find a way to deny it when it's right in your face obvious
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:36:30 PM by cyence »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »

NIK, I know youre a Kobe fan more then youre a Laker fan. And I know you follow Kobe, far more then you follow basketball. But Even IF Kobe in his prime dominates as much as Shaq did in his prime (key word, if)...Kobe would be getting set up by Shaq more then the other way around. An offense runs easier around a dominant bigman then a dominant perimeter player.

On a side note, "on pace" is one of the stupidest sayings ever used in sports. Griffey was "on pace" to shatter Babe Ruths homerun record. Barry Sanders was "on pace" to break the all time rushing record. Kobe Bryant is "on pace" to becoming the second best 2 guard ever.

Everything you just said is wrong...I'm a Laker fan first...that's not even questionable..and Kobe on the perimeter opened the game up for Shaq way more than Shaq opened shit up for Kobe (see Shaq's speedy decline and Kobe's vast improvement after Shaq left LA. LOL). 35+ PPG without Shaq, ToNe... Kobe can drive, shoot, post-up, feed you the ball off a lob, in transition, he has it all. Shaq was also a weak defender who never moved on screen-and-rolls and was the worst help defender a guard could ask for.. while Kobe always shut down the teams best players. But no, of course that doesn't mean shit, right? Kobe, right now, is better skillwise than Jordan was...now it's a matter of whether he can achieve the same in the amount of time he has left. I'd say, Lakers are looking good, and so is Kobe's future in LA...PeACe