Author Topic: * * * Cristiano Ronaldo to demand Real switch * * *  (Read 782 times)

Elano

* * * Cristiano Ronaldo to demand Real switch * * *
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:27:53 AM »
Cristiano Ronaldo has confided to friends that he is prepared to do “whatever it takes” to engineer a transfer to Real Madrid this summer. Manchester United maintain that they will not sell their most prized asset under any circumstances, but Ronaldo is dismissive of his club's views and regards his planned world-record transfer to Real as an inevitability.

Ronaldo appeared almost ambivalent about his future when, in a statement on June 4, he suggested that he would be happy to stay at United if no fee was agreed with Real, but the depth of his determination to leave Old Trafford is now becoming clear.

A source close to the player said last night that he had made clear he would do everything in his power to persuade United to sell. That could mean anything from submitting a formal transfer request to refusing to report for pre-season training, but his next step will be to issue a further statement, outlining his intentions, as soon as Portugal's participation in the European Championship finals is over.

The end of the tournament a week on Sunday - or Portugal's elimination, if that happens first - will trigger an escalation in the battle for Ronaldo, with Real planning to make a formal offer of about £60million.

United maintain that they will not even consider negotiating with Real this summer, but Ronaldo appears unwilling to contemplate another season at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been convinced that Ronaldo is merely flirting with Real in the hope of securing a lucrative new contract, but, even if United offered the forward a significant advance on the £120,000-a-week deal that he signed only 16 months ago - something that they maintain they will not do - he would, in his present state of mind, reject it. He has been seduced not only by the riches on offer in Madrid, but also by the idea of playing for Real, whom he considers a bigger club than United, and by the lifestyle he would enjoy in Spain, having never been effusive about life in Manchester.

Ronaldo will go on a three-week holiday immediately after Euro 2008 in the hope that a deal can be agreed while he is away, but, with United insistent that they will not sell, the likelihood remains that he will be required in Manchester for pre-season training in late July.

The news yesterday that Fifa, the world governing body, will take no action against Real came as a further blow. United complained to Fifa last week over a series of public statements apparently expressing interest in Ronaldo. “No breach of contract appears to have occurred yet,” Fifa said in a statement.

Regardless of Ronaldo's plans, Ferguson plans to strengthen the squad. A bid for Dimitar Berbatov, the Tottenham Hotspur forward, has been mooted, with Louis Saha likely to be sold or sent out on loan.

source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4152494.ece

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: * * * Cristiano Ronaldo to demand Real switch * * *
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:37:47 AM »
what an asshole
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:45:01 AM »
what an asshole

yup. It's a shame footballers are allowed to behave like this.  A contract is wothless paper these days because footballers shit on them.

Elano

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:47:03 AM »
Right now i can't understand how he can prefer real madrid over manchester utd....

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 06:02:44 AM »
Right now i can't understand how he can prefer real madrid over manchester utd....

the only logical reason that comes to my mind is more $$$. Or the English food.

PS: Good that you give  sources now ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:05:13 AM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 07:16:54 AM »
i really hope this is not true :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
the dude is just a spoiled brat.

Elano

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

Elano

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »
REAL LOLLY FOR RONALDO
REAL MADRID are ready to bankroll Cristiano Ronaldo should he stay away from Old Trafford when the players report back for training next month.

Ronaldo spoke at Portugal’s camp yesterday, but he refuses to discuss his future until their campaign is over. If he turns up at Manchester United on time, there will be no problem. 

But given the pressure on him to decide whether or not he moves to Spain, he may keep away while his career is sorted out. Under new regulations, Premier League clubs can inflict bans of up to six weeks. 

If Ronaldo refused to turn up on schedule after his three-week holiday following Euro 2008, then United are likely to levy a fine of £1million on a player they pay £125,000 a week. Yet Real are ready to cushion the blow.

Such is their obsession with luring Ronaldo to the Bernabeu they would not think twice about offering to reimburse him for any fines handed out so long as they eventually get their man. 

Having offered him £300,000 a week, a staggering £15m a year, paying £1m in fines would be considered loose change by the club. But such an attempt to circumvent the rules will inflame United boss Sir Alex Ferguson even further. 

The Daily Express has led the way in breaking the story of Real’s initially hush-hush but determined approach for Ronaldo dating back to January. 

FIFA’s feeble response to United’s complaint about Real’s tapping-up of the player has done little to dissuade them from continuing their indirect dealings for Ronaldo, who has four years left to run on his United contract. 

It has become an accepted part of the dynamics of football transfers that players are sounded out, and negotiations are commonplace between agents and clubs. 

FIFA know they would need to see definitive hard evidence before charging a club like Real and so far the file lodged by United is merely a succession of public statements made by the Real hierarchy about their desire to sign midfielder Ronaldo. 

That does not amount to documentary or photographic evidence that a deal has been done, even though we have known for months that talks have been ongoing. 

Real know such sums can be cost-effective in the long run as they have already estimated Ronaldo will sell £30m worth of shirts per season. And the player would keep half of that. 

(thedailyexpress)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:53 AM »
 :raisetheroof:

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 05:12:16 AM »
lmao @ the united fans of this forum ("cristiano ronaldo is happy @ manchester and he will stay with us" )  :D

JAZ

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:44 AM »
wow. Real should be unstoppable next season, if this actually happens.

Elano

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:40:19 PM »
where is 'kuruption81' ?  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 08:26:50 AM »
Real is scum.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »
where is 'kuruption81' ?  ;D

Here my italian friend.

At the end of the day its irrelevant what Ronaldo wants, he has a contract for 4 more years. Manchester United own him and it will be them who decide if he is sold and at the moment they have once again re iterated that he is not for sale. So i guess Ronaldo wont have his "dream" move, the club have stated numerous times that he wont be sold, ferguson has said this and also the glazers so there is no disagreement, they will look very stupid if they change there mind.

I expect him to be with us for one more season and then move on.  i dont think he wil strike as he wants to play football and its not like he hates united lol

Once fergie has a word and he is away from the portugease camp and scolari who has a vested interested in him leaving united then i expect him to stay. He doesent need to be persuaded as its not up to him, Reals best chance is to come back in 2 years when he can run down his deal or we can sell before losing a lot of money.

I hope united stand firm.

"Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club would rather put Cristiano Ronaldo in the stands than sell him to Real Madrid.

Ferguson has met the Glazer family, who own the club, and said: "Their attitude is 'To hell with them'.

"They'd sit a player in the stand, I'm telling you, absolutely no doubt about it, just to prove a point."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7429756.stm

i wouldnt be against that either, no player is bigger than manchester united, and if he does move on its not the end of the world. There will be a new ronaldo, we have always replaced those players who were so called irreplacable cantona, beckham, RVN, Keane, Stam etc

Real are scum though they have no morals and thats part of the reason i hope we wont sell, if Ronaldo wants to go to an inferior team and league then so be it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson