Author Topic: FIREFOX 3 is here!!!  (Read 923 times)

Jome

FIREFOX 3 is here!!!
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
The worlds best internet browser is back, get yours today!

http://www.mozilla.com

8 million downloads the first day.  8)

Guide to Firefox 3: http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/06/12/655/

What's new in Firefox 3 (review): http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/06/firefox-3-rc-2-review/
Firefox 3 review: http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/firefox3.asp

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:33:39 PM by Jome »

Suga Foot

Re: FIREFOX 3 is here!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:54:36 PM »
Already got it.  Looks good so far.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
will all my extensions transfer to this version?

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »
Probably not, it comes up telling you if your extensions are compatible during the install, giving you the option to check for updates.

Seems pretty nice. Can't seem to check out any add-ons though, the site must be getting hammered.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:47:45 PM »

Most of them will, about 75-80%, and the ones that don't work, can easily be made to work with the extension Nightly Builder Tools.

Overview over compatible/non-compatible extensions: http://people.mozilla.com/~polvi/threedom/status-bars.html

I have about 20 extensions installed, all of them work smoothly with Firefox 3.  8)
If you can't find updates for your extensions, it might be because 10 million people trying to download FF3.

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
I got it, but to be honest I can't really tell the difference between this one and the last one. To be honest, I can't even tell the difference between IE and FF lol

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
Installing

Please note that installing Firefox 3 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox. You won’t lose any of your bookmarks or browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available.

SEERLOVESKAIN

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »
YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY UPDATE ADBLOCK.

Lazar

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
Finally  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »
What are the best extensions?

kemizt

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »

Adblock Plus did for me.

if you downloaded a skin for Firefox 2, then it will not transfer to Firefox 3.

Money

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »
is it x64 native?

Jome

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
What are the best extensions?

Here's a quick overview of my extensions:

Adblock Plus - Removes all ads from all sites, flash, banners, etc. Maybe the best extension ever, haven't seen ads in years.
Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper - Removes the text only ads as well.
Customize Google - Removes ads from Google & Gmail, adds links to other engines, Google Suggest, let's you customize everything about Google/Gmail.
DictionarySearch - Right-click any word for a dictionary search if you're stuck or wondering about the exact definition of a word.

FireGestures - Navigating sites has never been easier with Mouse Gestures, I use these the most: Rightclick/drag left = Go back 1 site, right = forward 1 site. Rightclick/drag down = close tab, rightclick/up = undo close tab.. after using this, you'd wish for MouseGestures in every program.
FlagFox - Dispays the flag of the location of the site you're currently browing, clicking it will tell you everything about the site you're on and who owns it.
ForecastFox - Weather predictions the next few days discreetly in your browser.
FoxyTunes - Control Winamp, WMP, MediaMonkey, Itunes, or whatever, directly from your browser, without having to minimize Firefox.

IE Tab - Some wack site doesn't display properly in Firefox ? Hit the IE button, and the site opens up inside Firefox in IE, Internet Explorer inside Firefox!
ImageZoom - There's small pictures all over the net, or maybe want to zoom in on that Jessica Alba pic ? Right-click & zoom in as much as you want.
Linkification - Tired of copying/pasting all them rapidshare or sendspace links into the address-bar ? This turns text-links into clickable links.
Nightly Builder Tools - Some extension doesn't work ? This will force it to work, plus a shitload of other features.

Paste and Go 2 - Instead of copying/pasting a link, then hitting go or Enter in the address-bar, you can just right-click & Paste and Go!
PDF Download - Fuck slow ass Adobe Acrobat Reader, install lightning quick Foxit Reader and this, and PDF files will open in 1-2 seconds instead of 10-30.
QuickNote - A notepad inside Firefox for all them links, passwords, phone numbers, e-mails etc. you gotta remember. One click access.
Stop Autoplay - Disable all autoplay of embedded music & videos. Handy on Dubcc I tell ya.

Tab Mix Plus - Let's you customize everything about how tabs work/open/close, and let's you add another Close tab button like it was in Firefox 1, at the far right.
Toolbar Buttons - Makes it possible to add shortcut buttons for anything on the toolbars, Google, Gmail, Extensions, Links, Ebay, Myspace, etc. etc.
Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - Let's you set the sensitivity and configure everything about how the mouse & keyboard scrolls up and down on pages.

All these work with Firefox 3, though some of them had to be forced by using Nightly Builder Tools.  8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
i just got the new one and its DOPE!

an add on im really lovin is PICLENS.... PicLens transforms your browser into a visually stunning experience for finding and viewing online photos and videos. Our "3D Wall" lets you effortlessly search and zoom your way around thousands of images, videos, news feeds, sports feeds, and more.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5579

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.