Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Erotic D (Dr. Dre, D.O.C., MC Breed)(Part 1)  (Read 1836 times)

Lucifuge

another dre producer shame on u dre.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Okka

Good interview :o

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
If he really was better than Dre then he would've blow up one way or another, Suge was propably just fuckin with him.

Lindon

• 'G'
damn chad you did a great job.  8) thanks a lot.

some of the stuff Erotic comes out with seems incredible to say the least! i may be doing him a disservice but it keeps ringing in my head that he seems to be claiming to be a better producer than dre and a better writer than doc!

the writer part seems particularly dubious - don't get me wrong i think he has done a lot of dope things but this is a dude that calls himself "Erotic D" and his album "The Black Bruce Willis" without any irony whatsoever! I don't rate the dude's judgment too high!

Particularly judging on his recent solo work his writing skills aint all that and his beats are dope but not mind blowing.  I will always listen out for dude's music though cos he is undoubtedly a talent. I guess, it's impossible to know what really happened in these situations but one way or another it's a shame the business is so damn scandalous!

really looking forward to reading the rest of the interview. 

D-Stress

i hope he says somethn about paradise.
very good interview.
can it be that PARADISE was somehow affiliated with this guy?since she´s from TX and erotic is from TX?first time he mentions "mz. allen" but who do he talk about when he says: " One day I was chilling out with my female rapper that we had got the deal for. So now it is time to do her record because the NWA record is done. She get mad at me because I’ve been f-cking around with NWA and the Jackson’s, and not working with our group. Basically, I was recording with other artists and she didn’t like that. So, Suge sent her and my other partner home because he realized that I was the one doing everything: producing, writing, cutting, scratching but I was saying other people were doing it. I remember it plain as day, I get on the elevator with Dre over at the Solar Building, and Dre looked at me and said ‘you ready to make this money?’. I look at him and say ‘Suge didn't tell you he sent ol’ girl home?’. He said ‘I don’t give a f-ck who we record or produce, as long as we making money’. "
PARADISE?
TEXAS, SOLAR RECORDS,ETC.

:nawty:

why you think so?because second time he mentions a female rapper, hes NOT talking about Mz.Allen

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
I'm a 110% sure that Erotic is talking about "Mz Allen" and not Paradise. I put that on everything. Not sure if you got the answer to who's on the verse after Six-2 on G-none Rilla but that's El dog from "Genacide"   

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
I rolled with Erotic today and got a chance to hear "The Black Bruce Willis" it's  banging!!!

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
I didn't ask a lot of questions because of the ongoing interview. I have to let him put that out there. But I think people will get behind this album especially if they like that deep gangster style production and lyrics.

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
If you talking about "Game Over" that one did well and got a hell of a lot of positive feedback. I asked him about a copy of it because somebody got me for mine. He said he got one for me. I'm not sure about Beyond 2000. Maybe it will come up in part 2 of the interview. He was crunk about this interview.   

Chad Vader

I'm a 110% sure that Erotic is talking about "Mz Allen" and not Paradise. I put that on everything.
Not sure if you got the answer to who's on the verse after Six-2 on G-none Rilla but that's El dog from "Genacide"

Thanx for the info  ;)

I rolled with Erotic today and got a chance to hear "The Black Bruce Willis" it's  banging!!!

So who do he got featured other than 6-2 and El Dog?
Breed? D.O.C?
and what about these two;
Requesting;  ;)

and;
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Erotic+D.
Shortly afterwards,
Erotic formed his own independent label called E-World Entertainment where he helped put out local Texas urban acts
as well as his own solo album entitled Beyond 2000.

Rapper's delight Erotic D looks Beyond 2000
http://www.dallasobserver.com/1997-05-15/music/rapper-s-delight
By Matt Weitz Published on May 15, 1997

Fort Worth's Erotic D swims with some of the biggest fish in rap.
A veteran of controversial industry figure Suge Knight's Death Row Records,
Erotic has worked with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, rapped with the group Life After Death, and gone on to a successful career producing other acts like D.O.C.
(his 1994 album Helter Skelter) and MC Breed.
A big name locally, constantly working with area acts at his studio Da Blackhole,
Erotic took a tip from old boss Knight--whom no one has ever accused of slacking off the business end of his music--and formed his own record company.
He's also working on a solo album.
Although far from done--release isn't planned until after summer--a listen to the rough mixes of Beyond 2000 reveal Erotic to have pulled off a neat feat:
He's revitalized the rock/hip-hop genre, adding new layers of both sound and meaning, while keeping his street cred.
As a result, Beyond 2000 won't alienate hardcore rap fans who might accuse other boundary stretchers like the Fugees of diluting the music
--it has the bounce and the edge to pull buyers into the stores, but is deep enough to reward repeated listens.
The album has a cinematic feel, with a sense of stories and scenes--street-corner vignettes, riots, philosophical snippets--passing by with the music,
and there's a thematic link to the impending millennium and the need for action that runs underneath everything.

"That comes from my craziness," Erotic says. "Especially about movies. I've always been fascinated with sound and how it fits with the story of a movie, with its subject matter. I think an album should make people see what they're hearing, so I put those little scenes in between tracks--people talking or whatever--for the visual effect.
It gives me a release for my crazy mind, and it lets movie people know that I can score soundtracks on my own."

The millennium theme predicts great change, confusion, and conflict; throughout, warnings are issued against joining
"the new world order" as the sounds of upheaval--sirens, gunshots, screams--rage in the background. "I don't go to church a lot,"
Erotic says when asked about the origins of these ideas.
"But I read a lot about it, all those books that tell you about the prophecies, the Illuminati, Armageddon, the Masons and all that. In fact, that's about all I read."

As a result, Beyond 2000 is gritty, but more than just gat-waving,
stiff-dick boasting and generic ho songs, a change that Erotic feels the entire industry will have to make sooner or later.
"I'm trying to put rap onto a new way," he says. "That gangsta stuff is over with; it's been said and done.
If you were real, would you be telling motherfuckers that you shot somebody? No. Not if you really did.
Besides, even if you are a gangsta, you still have got to show some skill [on the music]."

Erotic believes that the mainstream of rap is hidebound by ignorance.
"A lot of people don't know how to get out of all that [cliche]," he says.
"What these new rappers don't know is that with an act like that, everybody is going to try and beat your ass.
Then they go to a new town and start doing that gangsta shit. They try you at home; you know they're going to try you out of state."

Erotic chafed under the notoriously self-interested Knight. "Suge was always talking about me doing stuff, but it was always when they wanted me to," he says.
"I got tired of waiting on 'em."
As a result, he's formed E-World Entertainment, a company with six other artists
(Lotsa Lotsa, Mz. Allen, 6-2, Trauma Black, Spandoo, and Sophronia James)
on the roster in addition to Erotic.
E-World's first release will probably be a compilation album featuring the whole stable, followed by Beyond 2000, but Erotic has other irons in the fire,
including a reunion with DJ Snake (Nemesis) to work on the follow-up to Poets and Gangsters. "We're still ironing out the partnership," Erotic explains.

In the meantime, he has a new TV show, called The Erotic Hour, which airs twice weekly from the B side of your cable box.
"We're going to play videos, but there's a lot more to it than that," he says.
"We're going to do sitcom-type stuff, interviews, everything like regular TV, but with the 'hood in there, straight ahead and uncensored.
We're about to put things in the proper light and perspective in the rap game."

The Erotic Hour airs on channel 25B Tuesdays at 7 p.m. and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.

-so 6-2 was signed to Erotic for a minute?
-Did that compilation and his solo Beyond 2000 get released on the low?

The Dallas Fort Worth thread; The D.O.C,Erotic D and 6-2
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=144128.0
Reviews of Erotic D´s MySpace tracks;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=144128.msg1866138#msg1866138

If you talking about "Game Over" that one did well and got a hell of a lot of positive feedback.
I asked him about a copy of it because somebody got me for mine. He said he got one for me.
I'm not sure about Beyond 2000. Maybe it will come up in part 2 of the interview. He was crunk about this interview.   

He should put that "Game Over" mix-tape up for free download or some shit to promote "Black Bruce Willis"
and/or press up 1000 copies and sell it on amazon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:25:03 PM by Chad Vader »

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
I'm not sure how he plans to promote "The Black Bruce Willis" it would be a great idea to let that "Game Over" get the buzz going.

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
I'm not sure how he plans to promote "The Black Bruce Willis" it would be a great idea to let that "Game Over" get the buzz going.

Holla at him  ;)

I'll do that!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i hope he says somethn about paradise.
very good interview.
can it be that PARADISE was somehow affiliated with this guy?since she´s from TX and erotic is from TX?first time he mentions "mz. allen" but who do he talk about when he says: " One day I was chilling out with my female rapper that we had got the deal for. So now it is time to do her record because the NWA record is done. She get mad at me because I’ve been f-cking around with NWA and the Jackson’s, and not working with our group. Basically, I was recording with other artists and she didn’t like that. So, Suge sent her and my other partner home because he realized that I was the one doing everything: producing, writing, cutting, scratching but I was saying other people were doing it. I remember it plain as day, I get on the elevator with Dre over at the Solar Building, and Dre looked at me and said ‘you ready to make this money?’. I look at him and say ‘Suge didn't tell you he sent ol’ girl home?’. He said ‘I don’t give a f-ck who we record or produce, as long as we making money’. "
PARADISE?
TEXAS, SOLAR RECORDS,ETC.

:nawty:

why you think so?because second time he mentions a female rapper, hes NOT talking about Mz.Allen

LOL i didn't answer your question; hence the "nawty" emoticon  :loco:  :laugh:

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
Check out this track off the upcoming
Black Bruce Willis album:
Erotic D; Black with no money (dubcnn) mp3

Ahhhh,this track is more like it.
Dope  ;)

If you like this track you in for it!! Wait til you hear this sh*t on a real system. I heard most of it in the studio. You're sure to bob ya head to every track!! 

Chad

I got a few more dope tracks that are about to drop throughout this series, so keep it locked!  You ain't gonna be disappointed... 8)
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser