Author Topic: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?  (Read 1144 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
^Do you watch sports, seriously? It's considered tactless and shameful to keep your starters in, run all over your opponent when the game is decided, scream and shout, aggressively blocking shots hollering "get that shit outta here!", all while hopping up and down the court celebrating...This happened DURING the game. Seriously, now, I am disgusted in your comments in regards to basketball these past few weeks...

Hopefully, Doc grows up and learns how to win with respect next time...oh, wait, there wont be a next time. The Celtics are dying.

Well, it is not my intention to "disgust" you, but at the same time, I really don't care if you are disgusted by simple questions. Anyway, the question was not whether it is considered by nameless, faceless people to be classless or distasteful, but WHY is it considered to be classless? Why should a professional team ever let up? Are you disgusted by the Suns 45 point win over Portland during the "Telfair-Z Bo era?" I'm not. They just got demolished, and its as simple as that. The point is, i don't see what it has to do with class. As a player, I would probably be more offended by a team deciding we aren't even worthy of their efforts than I would be by getting my ass handed to me.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »
Some people just don't like getting their ass handed to them.

Who cares if Boston was playing hard?  No team should just quit no matter how far ahead they are.  Nobody should just let somebody drive in and dunk on you.  Any self respecting man is going to try to stop that.  KG did when Odom tried to drive on him.  Odom threw a little bitch fit.  I guess it took his team getting the piss beat out of them for him to get mad but whatever.

NIK - World's worst moderator.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
And Laker fans, for the record, I'm not trying to rub salt on the wounds. I just don't understand how outclassing your opponent is classless.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:01:46 PM »
There's a way to be gracious in victory, and it's not by throwing alleyoop dunks and raining in threes when the game is decided, it's by running the clock. Celebrating on the court with five minutes left in the game, throwing Gatorade on Doc Rivers, bringing their families down courtside while the game was still going... even Joey Crawford had to shove a camera man off the court with three minutes left...I'll even admit, Sasha pulled off a bitch move by shooting that 3 when the game was decided vs San Antonio, and Sasha now knows it. That's just not the way to act in sports. Glen Davis also shoved Ronny Turiaf after the game was over...ridiuclous. Celtics showed themselves to be a team of classless hoodlums...then again, this was their last and only chance to win a title, so they better enjoy it while they can. They're tasteless, but I don't blame 'em...PeACe

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
That really doesn't answer the question though. Just because you don't like what they did doesn't make it classless. Anyway, try to answer the question without regard to last night's game. This is just a sentiment in general across all sports I never understood or agreed with. I mean, Carl Lewis never decided to run a little slower just because he knew he was gonna win.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:18:22 PM by Turf Hitta »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
hahahahahahaha

this nigga is a CRY BABY

YOU DON'T LIKE THE BEAT DOWN?? DON'T LET IT HAPPEN LAMAR, KOBE, AND PAU!!!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:45:26 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

again, if you don't want to get beat by 40 points in an NBA Finals game then don't allow it to happen on the court

dumping gatorade...maybe thats a stretch in basketball, but that tradition goes all the way back to the 1980s New York Giants, including the 1986 Giants, the best team in football history.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »
Um, Its Not Really Classless - Its all in the joy of winning something big, why not celebrate? why not bring down the house? why not blow them out? Hell, If I was on a team I would be doing the same thing too - bringin my fam and homies along to party with me - although glen davis deserved to be socked in the head by Ronny - that was just a bitch made move, he was going to shake your hand and he pushed him, what a fag.

It's like in baseball when teams get mad that their pitcher didnt get that no hitter he wanted because the batter hit off him in the 9th inning, like all of a sudden they are supposed to stop playing hard or playing at all.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
It's okay AFTER the game, not during...Some of you need to grow up and learn the difference between tasteless and respectable. Nobody said the Celtics shoulda stopped playing, but these dudes were still literally going out of their way, going for NBA Jam dunks and forcing threes until the closing seconds...and against a crushed team, a team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for a 40 point victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to showboat when you're up by 30 in the closing minutes, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
although glen davis deserved to be socked in the head by Ronny - that was just a bitch made move, he was going to shake your hand and he pushed him, what a fag.

That's exactly the type of classless shit I'm talking about. Disgusting.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
It's okay AFTER the game, not during...Some of you need to grow up and learn the difference between tasteless and respectable. Nobody said the Celtics shoulda stopped playing, but these dudes were still literally going out of their way, going for NBA Jam dunks and forcing threes until the closing seconds...and against a crushed team, a team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for a 40 point victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to showboat when you're up by 30 in the closing minutes, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...PeACe

you don't want to have a team BEAT you into oblivion??  THEN PLAY SOME DEFENSE AND QUIT CRYING BECAUSE YOUR TEAM IS MARSHMELLOW AND WE WERE THE GRAHAM CRACKERS SMUSHING YOU TOGETHER!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
^You are dumb as can be, man. I GUARANTEE the Lakers would win with grace if they were in that position...Sasha fucked up vs San Antonio, but that was a spur of the moment thing and it was ONE guy. Your team was collectively acting like a bunch of tasteless rooksters. Again, I understand them, because they gotta cherish the moment...it's never gunna happen again. but it's still classless.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »

"YOU DONT DO THAT!!! THEY WERE CRUSHED AND HURT!!! MY POOR WIDDLE KOBE WAS SAD AND THEY MADE HIM SADDER!!!"

DIS NIGGA ACTIN LIKE HE CAN FEEL KOBES PAIN N SHIT. HE CANT HATE ON THE CELTICS GAME AND RAN OUT OF MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE SORRY ASS LAKERS WHO GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, SO NOW HE TRYIN TO ATTACK CELTIC PLAYERS CHARACTER. IF THEY HAVE THE BALL WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT EM TO DO WITH IT IF RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN CUZ LAKERS CANT PLAY DEFENSE AND SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL YOU EXPECT HIM TO BE LIKE NAH IM NOT GONNA SHOOT CUZ WERE WINNING I'LL JUST LET THE SHOT CLOCK RUN OUT EVEN THOUGH THERES 6 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME. NO NIGGA THAT MOTHERFUCKA IS GONNA SHOOT THE BALL AND HES GONNA DRAIN THAT SHIT. BLAME THE LAKERS FOR NOT SHOWING UP TO PLAY D.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
^You are dumb as can be, man. I GUARANTEE the Lakers would win with grace if they were in that position...Sasha fucked up vs San Antonio, but that was a spur of the moment thing and it was ONE guy. Your team was collectively acting like a bunch of tasteless rooksters. Again, I understand them, because they gotta cherish the moment...it's never gunna happen again. but it's still classless.

all I have to say is that the only way this BOSTON CELTIC 17TH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP could have been any better is if Kobe punched Sasha in the face in the 4th quarter