Author Topic: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?  (Read 1145 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

I guess should have expected you to dance around the question without answering it and resort to ad-hominem attacks (very classy, I must admit). Are you going to attempt to explain your reasoning behind your stance that winning by a large margin and not letting up simply because your competition is inferior? Again, don't even take the game last night into account as this is not really even about the game.

I already explained it many times...You beat someones ass=okay. You beat their ass and keep stomping their head in while they're out cold=classless. Real life applies to sports...it's just the way it is, man. Anyone who was brought up with respect will understand this.

That does not suffice as an explanation. That doesn't even explain your position. So what you're saying is that you should not do your best if you are vastly superior to your competition? Is Carl Lewis breaking an Olympic world record by a large margin considered classless? Should he not perform to his ability just because he's killin everybody else? It has nothing to do with respect. If you respect your opponent and their ability, then you in fact DO NOT let up, especially when you KNOW they are capable of going on a huge run (down 24 and cutting it to 2 near the end of the game). Professionals get paid millions to perform at their optimum level. So how do you reconcile playing to your ability and playing down to the level of your competition?

I never said not to play to your ability... but when it's over you don't keep padding the lead...it's just not sportsmanlike behavior...never has been, never will be.

I'm getting conflicting ideas here. Do you play to your ability or do you play to make your opponent feel less embarrassed? It is not the duty of the winners to wave the white flag if the beating is too serious.

Shifting back to the game for an example: If it was over as you say, then why do you have a problem with Doc Rivers getting the Gatorade poured on him before time expired? You say it was over. If it was time for Boston to quit playing then what the fuck do you or anybody else care if there was Gatorade on the floor?

Anyway, the original question has still not been answered. Explain your reasoning, not just a cookie cutter response of "It's classless" or "its unsportsmanlike." What is it about imposing your will that is tasteless in an event that romanticizes athletes who impose their will? Isn't that what the people pay to see? Was it classless the way Lennox Lewis completely dismantled Mike Tyson? He didn't have to pick him apart like that for as long as he did, did he? Should he have just quit fighting as well as he could have because Tyson was clearly going to lose? Ray Allen is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys the NBA has ever seen. I sure saw him making a lot of shots "when it was already over" for such a classy guy. LOL

Ray Allen actually was the only one who kept it classy from the Boston squad...and I'm willing to admit that. If Lennox Lewis woulda knocked Mike Tyson out, then jumped on him and continued with the beatdown, THAT woulda' been classless. It's unclassy because it's disrespectful. You're supposed to respect your opponent and win gracefully, not pour salt in their wounds and rub it in their face...it's called sportsmanlike conduct, and the Celtics simply didn't show themselves to have that last night. What's really so hard to understand? Do you not understand why players dribble the clock out instead of taking an extra shot after it's clear that they've won? Come on, man, did your mama never teach you anything about respect?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 06:17:49 PM »
your own Laker friends arent even agreeing wth your crybaby ass

BOSTON CELTICS OWN
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
LMAO DIS NIGGA IS HILARIOUS HATING ON THE CELTICS FOR WHOOPING THE LAKERS SORRY ASSES.

IF THERES 5 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK, THERE ARE 5 LAKER PLAYERS, ZERO OF THEM PLAYING DEFENSE, SO RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN, SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL, THE SHOT CLOCK IS RUNNING DOWN... WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO? HAND IT TO ODOM? NIGGA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. HE TOOK A SHOT AND PUT 3 MORE POINTS ON THE BOARD FOR HIS TEAM. CAN YOU BLAME HIM? SHOULD HE BE LIKE THE LAKER PLAYERS AND NOT MAKE THE SHOT? SHOULD HE HAVE BRICKED IT LIKE KOBE DID OVER AND OVER? SHOULD HE HAVE JUST THROWN IT OUT OF BOUNCE? NAH NIGGE HE GONNA KEEP DRAINING EM, HE DONT CARE IF KOBE BRYANT IS SITTING THERE CRYING HIS EYES OUT TO PHIL JACKSON CALLING HIM CLASSLESS.

"PHIL WHY ARE THEY STILL SCORING ON US? THEY'RE SO CLASSLESS!!!"

NIGGA DO YOU CALL KOBE DROPPING 81 ON THE RAPTORS CLASSLESS AS WELL? FUCK THAT SHIT NIGGA. WHEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP KOBE BEING A DICK TO HIS TEAM MEMBERS YOU SAID THAT THESE GUYS ARE MEN AND NOT LIL BITCHES. THIS IS THE NBA FINALS. THEY CAN UNDERSTAND. SORRY YOU HAD TO LOSE SLEEP OVER THIS.

Kobe dropped 81 on the Raptors to win the game...LOL. You're simply an idiot, man, and you'll never get it. Yea, the Lakers are men and they can take a bunch of classless hoodlums acting like they've never played professional sports before...but that doesn't make it any more classy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »
your own Laker friends arent even agreeing wth your crybaby ass

BOSTON CELTICS OWN

Wrong, again:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=68664&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 06:20:16 PM »
LMAO DIS NIGGA IS HILARIOUS HATING ON THE CELTICS FOR WHOOPING THE LAKERS SORRY ASSES.

IF THERES 5 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK, THERE ARE 5 LAKER PLAYERS, ZERO OF THEM PLAYING DEFENSE, SO RAY ALLEN IS WIDE OPEN, SOMEONE PASSES HIM THE BALL, THE SHOT CLOCK IS RUNNING DOWN... WHAT THE FUCK YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO? HAND IT TO ODOM? NIGGA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. HE TOOK A SHOT AND PUT 3 MORE POINTS ON THE BOARD FOR HIS TEAM. CAN YOU BLAME HIM? SHOULD HE BE LIKE THE LAKER PLAYERS AND NOT MAKE THE SHOT? SHOULD HE HAVE BRICKED IT LIKE KOBE DID OVER AND OVER? SHOULD HE HAVE JUST THROWN IT OUT OF BOUNCE? NAH NIGGE HE GONNA KEEP DRAINING EM, HE DONT CARE IF KOBE BRYANT IS SITTING THERE CRYING HIS EYES OUT TO PHIL JACKSON CALLING HIM CLASSLESS.

"PHIL WHY ARE THEY STILL SCORING ON US? THEY'RE SO CLASSLESS!!!"

NIGGA DO YOU CALL KOBE DROPPING 81 ON THE RAPTORS CLASSLESS AS WELL? FUCK THAT SHIT NIGGA. WHEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP KOBE BEING A DICK TO HIS TEAM MEMBERS YOU SAID THAT THESE GUYS ARE MEN AND NOT LIL BITCHES. THIS IS THE NBA FINALS. THEY CAN UNDERSTAND. SORRY YOU HAD TO LOSE SLEEP OVER THIS.

Kobe dropped 81 on the Raptors to win the game...LOL. You're simply an idiot, man, and you'll never get it. Yea, the Lakers are men and they can take a bunch of classless hoodlums acting like they've never played professional sports before...but that doesn't make it any more classy.

LOL CLASSLESS HOODLUMS. DIS NIGGA IS TOO MUCH. WHINING LIKE A LIL BITCH CUZ HIS BOYFRIEND KOBE GOT SHUT THE FUCK DOWN. KOBE AINT SHIT. THE LAKERS AINT SHIT. 131-92. SORRY ASS KOBE SHOT UNDER 30%.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »
At least if you don't wanna admit it's classless, just chalk it up as being young and dumb.

You seriously find nothing wrong with pouring Gatorade all up on the court with 3 mins left in the ballgame? LOL. I guess you yourself don't even know what class is... :-\

I guess should have expected you to dance around the question without answering it and resort to ad-hominem attacks (very classy, I must admit). Are you going to attempt to explain your reasoning behind your stance that winning by a large margin and not letting up simply because your competition is inferior? Again, don't even take the game last night into account as this is not really even about the game.

I already explained it many times...You beat someones ass=okay. You beat their ass and keep stomping their head in while they're out cold=classless. Real life applies to sports...it's just the way it is, man. Anyone who was brought up with respect will understand this.

That does not suffice as an explanation. That doesn't even explain your position. So what you're saying is that you should not do your best if you are vastly superior to your competition? Is Carl Lewis breaking an Olympic world record by a large margin considered classless? Should he not perform to his ability just because he's killin everybody else? It has nothing to do with respect. If you respect your opponent and their ability, then you in fact DO NOT let up, especially when you KNOW they are capable of going on a huge run (down 24 and cutting it to 2 near the end of the game). Professionals get paid millions to perform at their optimum level. So how do you reconcile playing to your ability and playing down to the level of your competition?

I never said not to play to your ability... but when it's over you don't keep padding the lead...it's just not sportsmanlike behavior...never has been, never will be.

I'm getting conflicting ideas here. Do you play to your ability or do you play to make your opponent feel less embarrassed? It is not the duty of the winners to wave the white flag if the beating is too serious.

Shifting back to the game for an example: If it was over as you say, then why do you have a problem with Doc Rivers getting the Gatorade poured on him before time expired? You say it was over. If it was time for Boston to quit playing then what the fuck do you or anybody else care if there was Gatorade on the floor?

Anyway, the original question has still not been answered. Explain your reasoning, not just a cookie cutter response of "It's classless" or "its unsportsmanlike." What is it about imposing your will that is tasteless in an event that romanticizes athletes who impose their will? Isn't that what the people pay to see? Was it classless the way Lennox Lewis completely dismantled Mike Tyson? He didn't have to pick him apart like that for as long as he did, did he? Should he have just quit fighting as well as he could have because Tyson was clearly going to lose? Ray Allen is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys the NBA has ever seen. I sure saw him making a lot of shots "when it was already over" for such a classy guy. LOL

Ray Allen actually was the only one who kept it classy from the Boston squad...and I'm willing to admit that. If Lennox Lewis woulda knocked Mike Tyson out, then jumped on him and continued with the beatdown, THAT woulda' been classless. It's unclassy because it's disrespectful. You're supposed to respect your opponent and win gracefully, not pour salt in their wounds and rub it in their face...it's called sportsmanlike conduct, and the Celtics simply didn't show themselves to have that last night. What's really so hard to understand? Do you not understand why players dribble the clock out instead of taking an extra shot after it's clear that they've won? Come on, man, did your mama never teach you anything about respect?

So then it was classy of Ray Allen to be draining 3's even though the C's were up 30+? See what I mean about conflicting ideas? And Lewis toyed with Tyson very much in the same way that Boston toyed with LA. Tyson was clearly going to lose the fight but Lewis played with him and made him look like a bigger fool than Tyson could ever make himself look. Lewis removed any shadow of a doubt who the better fighter was. Same thing with last night. You can respect your opponent but that doesn't mean you can't crush them (on the court, ring, field, track, octagon, etc) and shake hands when its all said and done. And you shouldn't be talking about class and respect. Should I go through the posts and count up how many times you called somebody an idiot or insulted them in some way? Not a classy thing to do whether provoked or not.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
You can consider the Lakers (apart from Odom) to be classless for giving up with 5 minutes to go.

You never let up either way, whether you're the winning team or the team getting spanked.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »
aye my nicca turf hitta, dont waste no more time with this jewish clown. the lil boy is just pissed cuz his team got they ass whooped and instead of talkin about how horrible kobe choked or how his lakers succed ass last night, he rather change the subject and have everyone talk about niccas being 'classless.'

anybody who aint wearin gay kobe luvin' glasses like him would see that kobe is the most classless nba nicca out, u know, rapin white girls and all. plus the lakers dont know shiet about class, like towelie cuzz said, they didnt seem to complain about being unclassy when they left kobe in the game to pad his stats and score 81.

they coulda took bitch ass kobe out, but instead left him in so he can keep scoring more and get into the 80s. the lakers was already up 15 with only like 2 mins 50 seconds left, kobe already had 74 and the game was over, the lakers had already made a huge comebacc, but the lakers left kobe in and he kept shooting 3 pointers even tho he knew the game was over. the raptors had choked a huge lead away in the 3rd and 4th and wasnt coming bacc, but kobe just kept shootin 3s cuz he wanted to be classless and get his own glory. i know this gay jew is gonna try and say it aint true, but the box score/play by play dont lie.  kobe had 74 points, a 15 point laker lead, only 2 mins left and he still stayed in until only 4 seconds was left. it was over at 3 mins left, but he stayed in to 'keep paddin the lead. the raptors even took all they main guys out. u can see the substitutions, thats like giving up. instead of takin kobe out too, with a huge lead and 2 mins, the lakers left him in to score 7 more points and break 80. see fo yoself cuzz.

like i said, jewbitch just wants everyone to forget that the lakers and kobe CHOKED in the finals. celtics whooped ass.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:06:24 PM by LADODGER »

PLANT

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »
LOL @ NIK getting owned left right and center :laugh:

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »
was it classy for the lakers to keep in a guy who had 75 points even though they had a 15 point lead, completely crushed the other teams heart with a double digit 4th quarter comeback, there was only 2 mins left, the raptors put all their reserves in the game (a universal sign of quietly accepting a loss) when they were obviously gonna win?

sure doesnt seem classy.

on top of that, was it classy for the player with 75 points, about to go against a bunch of reserve players who just saw their starters fucc up a huge lead and leave the game in shame, chucc up TWO 3 point attempts with a win secured and  FIFTEEN POINT lead?

sure doesnt seem classy.

the lakers kept kobe in ONLY so he could score more than 80, its obvious when u see that he already had 75 and was still shooting 3s. the lakers were up by 15 with 2 mins left, its not like they were in danger of losing.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »
was it classy for the lakers to keep in a guy who had 75 points even though they had a 15 point lead, completely crushed the other teams heart with a double digit 4th quarter comeback, there was only 2 mins left, the raptors put all their reserves in the game (a universal sign of quietly accepting a loss) when they were obviously gonna win?

sure doesnt seem classy.

on top of that, was it classy for the player with 75 points, against a bunch of reserve players who just saw their starters fucc up a huge lead and leave the game in shame, chucc up TWO 3 point attempts with a win secured and  FIFTEEN POINT lead?

sure doesnt seem classy.

the lakers kept kobe in ONLY so he could score more than 8, its obvious when u see that he already had 75 and was still shooting 3s. the lakers were up by 15 with 2 mins left, its not like they were in danger of losing.

KOBE CARES ABOUT HIS IMAGE AND NUMBERS.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »
LOL @ NIK getting owned left right and center :laugh:

and 3D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »
we all know this jew is the king of conflictin ideas and contradictin himself like a flip flopper with 10023432 excuses. watch me use his own argument against him cuzz. i bet his head is gonna explode all over his kobe t shirt. lets see how he makes up excuses for this shiet. ahahah

but these dudes were still literally going out of their way,  forcing threes until the closing seconds...and against a crushed team, a team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for a 40 point victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to showboat when you're up by 30 in the closing minutes, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...PeACe

that sounds like kobe and the lakers literally going out of their way to force threes until the closing seconds in his 81 point game, against a crushed team who had just lost all its spirit by that point...YOU DONT DO THAT. Seriously, who shoots for 81 points in a already secured victory? If a mouse is already dead, do you sadistically continue to play with it and knock it around? They didn't win with pride and didn't have enough carriage to respect their opponent. that's all...If you think it is okay to shoot showboat 3s when you're up by 15 in the closing minutes JUST to get more than 80 points, when the game is clearly out of reach, get help...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

So then it was classy of Ray Allen to be draining 3's even though the C's were up 30+? See what I mean about conflicting ideas? And Lewis toyed with Tyson very much in the same way that Boston toyed with LA. Tyson was clearly going to lose the fight but Lewis played with him and made him look like a bigger fool than Tyson could ever make himself look. Lewis removed any shadow of a doubt who the better fighter was. Same thing with last night. You can respect your opponent but that doesn't mean you can't crush them (on the court, ring, field, track, octagon, etc) and shake hands when its all said and done. And you shouldn't be talking about class and respect. Should I go through the posts and count up how many times you called somebody an idiot or insulted them in some way? Not a classy thing to do whether provoked or not.

You're right, nevermind...showboating and running up the score when the game is decided is very fitting for world class champions. I change my mind, good job. Players should just forget the routine of respecting their opponent and winding down the clock in the closing seconds and just hoist up shots, ala Vujacic...fuck sportsmanlike conduct, it's all about creaming your opponent to the fullest extent and rubbing their defeat all up in their faces, right? I salute you.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

You're right, nevermind...showboating and running up the score when the game is decided is very fitting for world class champions. I change my mind, good job. Players should just forget the routine of respecting their opponent and winding down the clock in the closing seconds and just hoist up shots, ala Vujacic...fuck sportsmanlike conduct, it's all about creaming your opponent to the fullest extent and rubbing their defeat all up in their faces, right? I salute you.

Is this your way of saying you're not going to explain your reasoning?