Author Topic: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?  (Read 1146 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Why Is Not Showing Mercy Considered Classless?
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
There was nothing wrong with what they did, although I don't remember the Glen Davis-Ronnie Turiaf incident. Most of the dunks and all that were from the reserves, I remember Tony Allen dunking the alley-oop, Powe and Davis having dunks, and the Lakers still had starters in, were still fouling, trying to drive and get some dunks, so why wouldn't the players keep attacking? The last possession they had, Eddie House just dribbled and took the 24-second violation, that's pretty classy. If they had their starters in the whole time, were talking a bunch of trash, then that could be considered classless. But they let the reserves get in, have some fun, and it's completely the Lakers fault for letting them get up so much. The Lakers were far less classy, by not even bothering to give much effort.
I got a bird's eye view

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2008, 10:56:20 PM »
There was nothing wrong with what they did, although I don't remember the Glen Davis-Ronnie Turiaf incident. Most of the dunks and all that were from the reserves, I remember Tony Allen dunking the alley-oop, Powe and Davis having dunks, and the Lakers still had starters in, were still fouling, trying to drive and get some dunks, so why wouldn't the players keep attacking? The last possession they had, Eddie House just dribbled and took the 24-second violation, that's pretty classy. If they had their starters in the whole time, were talking a bunch of trash, then that could be considered classless. But they let the reserves get in, have some fun, and it's completely the Lakers fault for letting them get up so much. The Lakers were far less classy, by not even bothering to give much effort.

EXACTLY!

[/thread]
[/b]

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »

EXACTLY!

[/thread]
[/b]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
No, i don't. I don't like people disrespecting opponents. But Celtics didn't.

Obviously, Lamar Odom would beg to differ...did you watch the last 5 minutes of the game? Glenn Davis pushing Ronny Turiaf, KG blocking shots and shouting at the top of his lungs, spilling Gatorade on the floor and celebrating while the game is still going, starters still on the court making highlight dunks in the closing minutes, running up the lead as opposed to winding down the clock...

So which is it? Was the game over or was it still going on? if the game wasn't over, whats wrong with still playing hard? If the game is over, what the fuck does anybody care if they spilled gatorade on the floor?

The game WASN'T OVER. LOL. They spilled Gatorade at the 3 min mark.

OK, so the game wasn't over but you're saying its wrong for KG to still pack Odom's shit with 5 minutes left with your reasoning being that "the game was over" but all of a sudden the game isn't over with 30 seconds left? You're not being consistent.

The game was decided, but the time hadn't expired. Throwing alley-oop dunks and commiting hard fouls when the game is decided isn't common in baskeball...I understand that they had just won a ring and that they felt the need to cherish the moment while it lasts, but that's not typical, at all...it is what it is, though. I can give a fuck less, I just think they're some bitch ass punks. Especially when the Lakers came by to give them their props, and the Celtics didn't even acknowledge them whatsoever, going as far as to push them out their way...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:04:39 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »
They were just celebrating, man. With too much passion, but KG is known for being like that. Do you remember your Dream Teams with him and how he used to be like that against opponents who were down by 30? He's like that. Against everybody.

Anyway homie have you ever been in Greece? Or Turkey? Or even here in Italy? Have you ever seen the Greek Finals? Just to show you a little example..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Jbi8-kQIEKg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Jbi8-kQIEKg</a>

You can't immagine the shit they're saying against opponent players and team. I was been there (my father was an international ref and i went there with him a lot of times watching him). Oh, and it was just the pre-game. Immagine during the game. One day it was an ULEB Cup match i've seen a toilet thrown into the bastkeball court from the arena. Crazy shit. I've seen fans throwing coins against opponent players, entering the court with 3-4 minutes to play to celebrate the win, or giving punches and shit to opponent players.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/61uztwjAi6E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/61uztwjAi6E</a>

This is the last game of Mike D'Antoni in Italy (he retired after this one). He's the #8 in red jersey, just to let you know. And this was Game-5 (out of 5) of the Italian finals.

That's what i'm talking about. THIS shit is scaring/wrong/disrespectful. Not the players celebrating the win and blocking an opponent player's shot!! C'mon.

Watch this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/FODOpBpMwx8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/FODOpBpMwx8</a>

You can immagine how they treated the opponent team in the last 3 minutes....

And you're bitching about some gatorade thrown against the coach too early??? Or KG celebrating a late block too much?

LOL...those are all bad examples that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. I dunno about Europe, but in America, teams usually don't celebrate on the court until the game is over, and they don't typically run up the score by throwing alley-oop dunks when the opponents are down 40. It's just common practice, man...I didn't make it up. It's the same reason Odom tackled Allen in the closing minutes of the regular season Lakers-Celtics game, dude...they're simply a bunch of bastards who have ZERO respect for us. recognize...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
You can see it from another prospective. Laker players showed no class when they realized they were down by 30, and they didn't even try to reduce the deficit to 20 points. They considered the game over, and they just wanted the Celtics to stop playing and make the time expire. Unfortunately you can't do it, in basketball. They showed no pride, no class, no respect for the game. They were loosing, but they still had to play till the last minute of the game. They didn't. They were the first ones who showed no respect to US, to their fans. To their jersey. To Laker history. Sorry but i can't blame the Celtics for that. I wanted my Lakers to recude the deficit to 15-20 points. Shit, at least try it!! In other words: they deserved to be humiliated.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2008, 03:42:57 PM »
Especially when the Lakers came by to give them their props, and the Celtics didn't even acknowledge them whatsoever, going as far as to push them out their way...

Saw this. I see the classlessness.....ess in this.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Kevin Garnett has spent almost his WHOLE LIFE trying to win the biggest game of his life..and he did it! He knew it by the 4th minute mark...he could'nt hold it in anymore. IN 03/04 Lakers crushed his dream. After that he probably thought he would NEVER get there agian.

You gotta remember...sometimes you only GET ONE CHANCE...so make it count.

This is no semi final match or some quarter final game..or a regular season game...ITS THE FUCKIN FINALS!!! THE GAME EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN! So what if they were cheering so early. The lakers should've at least made a game out of it!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:11:43 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »
You can see it from another prospective. Laker players showed no class when they realized they were down by 30, and they didn't even try to reduce the deficit to 20 points. They considered the game over, and they just wanted the Celtics to stop playing and make the time expire. Unfortunately you can't do it, in basketball. They showed no pride, no class, no respect for the game. They were loosing, but they still had to play till the last minute of the game. They didn't. They were the first ones who showed no respect to US, to their fans. To their jersey. To Laker history. Sorry but i can't blame the Celtics for that. I wanted my Lakers to recude the deficit to 15-20 points. Shit, at least try it!! In other words: they deserved to be humiliated.

We had our reserves in, man...Throwing in the towel and lacking class is two very different things. Again, you're confusing what I'm saying.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »
LAKERS = SOFT

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
Who Cares Really?!?! - I don't see the laker players complaining about this, only some fans looking for more excuses to hate.

You think they are sitting around crying and whimpering "oh those classless bullies, how dare they!"

no, they move on, NIK - take the "L" just like the lakers, lock the thread and move on. thats all there is to it. Next Year, If you were right all along Karma will hit the celtics and the lakers will be where they should be if u were right.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »
Who Cares Really?!?! - I don't see the laker players complaining about this, only some fans looking for more excuses to hate.

You think they are sitting around crying and whimpering "oh those classless bullies, how dare they!"

no, they move on, NIK - take the "L" just like the lakers, lock the thread and move on. thats all there is to it. Next Year, If you were right all along Karma will hit the celtics and the lakers will be where they should be if u were right.

Actually, Odom wasn't really taking that shit. He was jawing at them, letting 'em know whatsup...did you watch the last few minutes?