Author Topic: Will Kobe opt out and sign with the Blazers if the Lakers get owned in 2009?  (Read 2568 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bynum is now clumsy? LOL. These haters will say ANYTHING.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL there's no way A) Kobe would sign in Portland or B) Portland would sign Kobe. It simply wouldn't happen. Portland will be as much as 30 million under the cap in 09, so theoretically it could happen, but Kevin Pritchard places a very high premium on character (ie not publicly berating team mates, no rape cases, no prima donna attitude, no huge ego, etc) so while his talent is undeniable, its just not a good match from either side. Its not like we'll even need Kobe anyway. Chris Paul is more likely, but that is likely as much out of the question as Kobe because he's probably going to sign a huge extension before he becomes a free agent anyway. Igoudala wouldn't be too bad for a long term option at the 3 though.

LMAO@thinking Kevin Pritchard wouldn't shit his pants if he had a shot at Kobe...ahahahahahahah. That's like saying the Knicks wouldn't have wanted MJ on their team in the 90s. :stupid:

Trust me, if you knew anything at all about KP its that he will pass on great talent if the guy doesn't fit the culture of the team. He believes team chemistry is more important than the talent of any one player. He says as much in almost every interview he's in. For example:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/index

Sorry to bust your bubble, but not everyone thinks of Kobe as highly as you do.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^How the hell could Randolph stay with the Blazers for so long then?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^How the hell could Randolph stay with the Blazers for so long then?

Pritchard wasn't the GM yet. Pritchard took over as GM for the 2006 draft which got us 2 of the best 3 rookies out of the class. Pritchard is also the guy who managed to get rid of ZBO and his INSANE contract for Francis (contract expires 2 years earlier saving Portland something like 20+ million) and got Frye and a Trade exception in the process which netted James Jones and Rudy Fernandez, turned Sebastian Telfair into Brandon Roy, turned Tyrus Thomas into LaMarcus Aldridge, convinced Przybilla to sign in Portland for less money when he was being offered more money to play in San Antonio, and basically is solely responsible for the turnaround Portland has made over the last 2 years. And for the record, when he was a scout under GM John Nash in 2005, Pritchard wanted to draft Chris Paul at #3 instead of trading down to #6 and taking Martel Webster. I'm pretty sure that is why he took the reigns over from John Nash.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If KObe leaves its probbaly to the knicks. KNcks will have to do something big when the Nets move to Brooklyn and sign Lebron.

OG Hack Wilson

NO I DONT THINK HE'LL GO TO THE BLAZERS
HE'S GONNA CONTINUE LOSING WITH THE LAKERS AS HE HAS BEEN SINCE SHAQ LEFT
EVENTUALLY THE LAKERS MIGHT BRING IN ANOTHER SUPERSTAR THAT WILL LEAD THE TEAM, AND KOBE CAN RIDE HIM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP AND COME UP ON ANOTHER RING. BUT BY THEN HE'LL BE OLD AND WASHED UP AND NIGGAS LIKE CHRIS PAUL AND LEBRON WILL BE RUNNING THE LEAGUE AND KOBE WILL JUST DISAPPEAR DURING GAMES HOLDING ONTO PHIL JACKSONS ARM ASKING HIM WHY THE OTHER TEAM IS BEING SO CLASSLESS WHEN THEY WHOOP THE LAKERS ASS

LOLLLLL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL there's no way A) Kobe would sign in Portland or B) Portland would sign Kobe. It simply wouldn't happen. Portland will be as much as 30 million under the cap in 09, so theoretically it could happen, but Kevin Pritchard places a very high premium on character (ie not publicly berating team mates, no rape cases, no prima donna attitude, no huge ego, etc) so while his talent is undeniable, its just not a good match from either side. Its not like we'll even need Kobe anyway. Chris Paul is more likely, but that is likely as much out of the question as Kobe because he's probably going to sign a huge extension before he becomes a free agent anyway. Igoudala wouldn't be too bad for a long term option at the 3 though.

LMAO@thinking Kevin Pritchard wouldn't shit his pants if he had a shot at Kobe...ahahahahahahah. That's like saying the Knicks wouldn't have wanted MJ on their team in the 90s. :stupid:

Trust me, if you knew anything at all about KP its that he will pass on great talent if the guy doesn't fit the culture of the team. He believes team chemistry is more important than the talent of any one player. He says as much in almost every interview he's in. For example:

Everyone who knows a thing or two about Kobe knows he's a great leader and has excellent character...he brings the best out of his teammates and is an extremely motivational locker room presence. If Pritchard would pass up on Kobe for his character, then he'd also pass up on MJ and Magic, and he'd be a total idiot, which I find extremely hard to believe.

OG Hack Wilson

If KObe leaves its probbaly to the knicks. KNcks will have to do something big when the Nets move to Brooklyn and sign Lebron.

yeah kobes too big for a small market like LA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Everyone who knows a thing or two about Kobe knows he's a great leader and has excellent character...he brings the best out of his teammates and is an extremely motivational locker room presence. If Pritchard would pass up on Kobe for his character, then he'd also pass up on MJ and Magic, and he'd be a total idiot, which I find extremely hard to believe.

I think you can put the "great leader" and "gets the most out of his team mates" talk away for now at least. Like I said, KP is not taking on a guy who badmouths his team mates in public, is of questionable character (rape case - I know he isn't guilty but it DOES taint his character and speaks volumes about his self centered mentality), and does not fit the culture of the team. A guy can have one, maybe even 2 of these knocks on him in the case of an exceptional talent, but all three of these things and its a no go.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He could only do some shady sign-and-trade (which I doubt the Lakers would do, as they don't want to see Kobe leave and Knicks Players are kinda so-so) or sign for the MLE which wouldn't be adequate, no matter how loaded the nigga already is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think you can put the "great leader" and "gets the most out of his team mates" talk away for now at least. Like I said, KP is not taking on a guy who badmouths his team mates in public, is of questionable character (rape case - I know he isn't guilty but it DOES taint his character and speaks volumes about his self centered mentality), and does not fit the culture of the team. A guy can have one, maybe even 2 of these knocks on him in the case of an exceptional talent, but all three of these things and its a no go.

LOL! Kobe gets these Lakers to the Finals when no one expected them to be there and people STILL shit on him...gotta love it! Like I said, according to your claims, the Blazers wouldn't have taken on Jordan in his prime...wait...didn't the Blazers pass up Jordan for Bowie in the draft? It all makes sense now!

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
LOL DIS NIGGA NOW SAYIN NO1 EXPECTED THE LAKERS TO GO TO THE FINALS
AFTER THE GASOL TRADE ALL THE LAKER GROUPIES WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY GOT THE BEST SQUAD IN THE NBA
AND NOW AFTER THEY CHOKE COLLECTIVELY AS A TEAM, ALL THESE EXCUSES POP UP

CELTICS >>>>>>>>>>> LAKERS
KG, RAY ALLEN, PAUL PIERCE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KOBE, ODOM, GASOL

MJ >>>>>>>> KOBE

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LOL! Kobe gets these Lakers to the Finals when no one expected them to be there and people STILL shit on him...gotta love it! Like I said, according to your claims, the Blazers wouldn't have taken on Jordan in his prime...wait...didn't the Blazers pass up Jordan for Bowie in the draft? It all makes sense now!

You got to be kidding me. A LOT of people predicted them to not only go to the finals, but DOMINATE the finals and win in 4 or 5 games immediately following the Gasol trade. Not just dubcc Laker fans, but a vast array of people from casual sports fans to professional NBA analysts were predicting NBA Finals at the very least for the Kobe-Gasol Lakers. Stop trying to make this into some type of against all odds story. The Lakers were FAVORED. I'm not "shitting" on Kobe (and for the love of God, STOP the MJ comparisons. They are Invalid and this thread is not about anything MJ related), but ask around, Kobe is not exactly a prime example of high character and ethical standards or leadership and this is true until he proves otherwise. Its almost like you're trying to sell me on Kobe. Why can't you just be satisfied with the fact the Kobe and Portland is not a good fit for either party involved and leave it at that? You can't convince me that he would be good for Portland (well actually he might be able to excel in his more natural sidekick role since he would have a great center to play off of again).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL DIS NIGGA NOW SAYIN NO1 EXPECTED THE LAKERS TO GO TO THE FINALS
AFTER THE GASOL TRADE ALL THE LAKER GROUPIES WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY GOT THE BEST SQUAD IN THE NBA
AND NOW AFTER THEY CHOKE COLLECTIVELY AS A TEAM, ALL THESE EXCUSES POP UP

CELTICS >>>>>>>>>>> LAKERS
KG, RAY ALLEN, PAUL PIERCE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KOBE, ODOM, GASOL

MJ >>>>>>>> KOBE

Don't forget that we all thought Bynum was returning up until a few weeks back, pussy boy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

You got to be kidding me. A LOT of people predicted them to not only go to the finals, but DOMINATE the finals and win in 4 or 5 games immediately following the Gasol trade. Not just dubcc Laker fans, but a vast array of people from casual sports fans to professional NBA analysts were predicting NBA Finals at the very least for the Kobe-Gasol Lakers. Stop trying to make this into some type of against all odds story. The Lakers were FAVORED. I'm not "shitting" on Kobe (and for the love of God, STOP the MJ comparisons. They are Invalid and this thread is not about anything MJ related), but ask around, Kobe is not exactly a prime example of high character and ethical standards or leadership and this is true until he proves otherwise. Its almost like you're trying to sell me on Kobe. Why can't you just be satisfied with the fact the Kobe and Portland is not a good fit for either party involved and leave it at that? You can't convince me that he would be good for Portland (well actually he might be able to excel in his more natural sidekick role since he would have a great center to play off of again).

The Lakers were favored because they played exceptionally well up until the Finals.. before that, everyone was acting like they wouldn't do shit. It wasn't up until they took care of the Spurs that people started jumping on the bandwaggon...Nobody's tryna sell you on shit...anyone who knows both MJ and Kobe will tell you they had the same drive and character when it came to teammates and leadership. In fact, Jordan was even more of a hardass than Kobe was, at times PHYSICALLY fighting with his own players. Are you telling me your GM wouldn't have that? Disgusting...any team pretending like they wouldn't shit their pants over acquiring Kobe Bryant, the best player on this planet, are complete jokes...PeACe