Author Topic: Will Kobe opt out and sign with the Blazers if the Lakers get owned in 2009?  (Read 2572 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Again niggas: WHY is it not happening from a Kobe-point-of-view? Let's keep in mind that I said IF the Lakers get punked again in 2009. I myself am convinced that Kobe will stay with the Lakers if they win the title in 2009. So don't even get at me for this. But if they get their ass spanked in the playoffs and Kobe feels like punching his teammates, why wouldn't he sign a lucrative contract with the team that my nigga Turf Hitta just posted up? There is NO BETTER OPTION. There might be other good teams, but they aren't as young and don't have nearly as much cap room. Plus in Portland, mostly good character guys with fresh legs are playing. Don't get me started about the situation with a team like the Knicks in comparison. So...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

"THE" MoSav

portland would be dumb to take him. he's a cancer in the loccer room, loves to humiliate his teammates, and when he cant carry a team to a win as a leader he blames all of them, strait throws them under a bus.

the blazers got hella young talent and should try to find a all star guard with size who isn't a bitchy, egotistical diva. let kobe keep losin in LA. his stocc fell bigtime in these finals. all the tv, internet and radio shows are sayin it. he got exposed as a trade demandin diva and overrated leader. show him a tough double team and he falls apart.

DID U FORGET ABOUT BRANDON ROY?  ???

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^You say I'm a "diccryder", but you're seriously the biggest "diccryding" Kobe hater I've ever known in my life, cuzz. Phil "Jaccson" was on bad terms with Kobe, but they got cool after that and Phil "Jaccson" spilled all the beans about Shaq fucking the Lakers over when he was with the organization. That's besides the point...Everyone who knows Kobe knows he has strong character and is a very humble dude with a respected drive to succeed. If anyone questions Kobe's character and praises MJ, they are obviously some bitchel ass haters.

LOL there's no way A) Kobe would sign in Portland or B) Portland would sign Kobe. It simply wouldn't happen. Portland will be as much as 30 million under the cap in 09, so theoretically it could happen, but Kevin Pritchard places a very high premium on character (ie not publicly berating team mates, no rape cases, no prima donna attitude, no huge ego, etc) so while his talent is undeniable, its just not a good match from either side. Its not like we'll even need Kobe anyway. Chris Paul is more likely, but that is likely as much out of the question as Kobe because he's probably going to sign a huge extension before he becomes a free agent anyway. Igoudala wouldn't be too bad for a long term option at the 3 though.

LMAO@thinking Kevin Pritchard wouldn't shit his pants if he had a shot at Kobe...ahahahahahahah. That's like saying the Knicks wouldn't have wanted MJ on their team in the 90s. :stupid:

Trust me, if you knew anything at all about KP its that he will pass on great talent if the guy doesn't fit the culture of the team. He believes team chemistry is more important than the talent of any one player. He says as much in almost every interview he's in. For example:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/index

Sorry to bust your bubble, but not everyone thinks of Kobe as highly as you do.

Everyone who knows a thing or two about Kobe knows he's a great leader and has excellent character...he brings the best out of his teammates and is an extremely motivational locker room presence. If Pritchard would pass up on Kobe for his character, then he'd also pass up on MJ and Magic, and he'd be a total idiot, which I find extremely hard to believe.

I think you can put the "great leader" and "gets the most out of his team mates" talk away for now at least. Like I said, KP is not taking on a guy who badmouths his team mates in public, is of questionable character (rape case - I know he isn't guilty but it DOES taint his character and speaks volumes about his self centered mentality), and does not fit the culture of the team. A guy can have one, maybe even 2 of these knocks on him in the case of an exceptional talent, but all three of these things and its a no go.

LOL! Kobe gets these Lakers to the Finals when no one expected them to be there and people STILL shit on him...gotta love it! Like I said, according to your claims, the Blazers wouldn't have taken on Jordan in his prime...wait...didn't the Blazers pass up Jordan for Bowie in the draft? It all makes sense now!

You got to be kidding me. A LOT of people predicted them to not only go to the finals, but DOMINATE the finals and win in 4 or 5 games immediately following the Gasol trade. Not just dubcc Laker fans, but a vast array of people from casual sports fans to professional NBA analysts were predicting NBA Finals at the very least for the Kobe-Gasol Lakers. Stop trying to make this into some type of against all odds story. The Lakers were FAVORED. I'm not "shitting" on Kobe (and for the love of God, STOP the MJ comparisons. They are Invalid and this thread is not about anything MJ related), but ask around, Kobe is not exactly a prime example of high character and ethical standards or leadership and this is true until he proves otherwise. Its almost like you're trying to sell me on Kobe. Why can't you just be satisfied with the fact the Kobe and Portland is not a good fit for either party involved and leave it at that? You can't convince me that he would be good for Portland (well actually he might be able to excel in his more natural sidekick role since he would have a great center to play off of again).

The Lakers were favored because they played exceptionally well up until the Finals.. before that, everyone was acting like they wouldn't do shit. It wasn't up until they took care of the Spurs that people started jumping on the bandwaggon...Nobody's tryna sell you on shit...anyone who knows both MJ and Kobe will tell you they had the same drive and character when it came to teammates and leadership. In fact, Jordan was even more of a hardass than Kobe was, at times PHYSICALLY fighting with his own players. Are you telling me your GM wouldn't have that? Disgusting...any team pretending like they wouldn't shit their pants over acquiring Kobe Bryant, the best player on this planet, are complete jokes...PeACe

Again, this thread is not about Jordan, and as was readily proven last night, he can't compare. Jordan could do all that shit and still get the job done. Now, you are disregarding Kobe's blatant and well documented character flaws and how detrimental he can be to team chemistry. Team chemistry trumps and individual player's ability.

Kobe currently has the strongest character and highest will to win in the league...Kobe is the only player who coulda' gotten the Lakers to the Finals this year, after our disastrous 42 win season, so quit acting like he didn't reach the top of the western conference. You better hope the players on your team can develop HALF the character of a Kobe Bryant. still LMAO@"not wanting" Kobe. :grumpy:

Are you using desire to win and character as interchangeable terms?

Desire to win is big part of having strong character in the game of basketball.

No. Separate. Character as in being a person of strong values and high ethical standards. Every player in the nba has a desire to win, so thats not going to separate one guy from the next. If you disagree with placing a premium on character (in this context) then thats fine, but I can tell you that it has worked out great for Pritchard and the Blazers since he took over in 2006. Kobe simply does not fit the movement in Portland. KP would easily pass on Kobe unless he came relatively cheap. The only guys from LA we are interested in are Westbrook and Mayo and chances are, we wont get them either.

LOL@passing up Kobe for "character" issues, and going for OJ Mayo...Not saying Mayo is a bad guy, but he looks up to Kobe, along with many other players in this league. Put it this way...

Farmar>Jack
Kobe>Roy
Odom>Outlaw
Gasol>Aldridge
Bynum>Oden

:laugh:

Your GM would trade starting fives in a heartbeat if he had the chance...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I said IF the Lakers get punked again in 2009.

And that's exactly where you're wrong. Playing in the NBA Finals doesnt mean "getting punked". You can win, you can loose. But if the Lakers reaches the Finals again next year there's nothing in the world who will make Kobe switch team. Cause it's easier to make the 2nd best team in the NBA the best one than to make a lottery team the best team in the NBA. Get it?

"THE" MoSav

^You say I'm a "diccryder", but you're seriously the biggest "diccryding" Kobe hater I've ever known in my life, cuzz. Phil "Jaccson" was on bad terms with Kobe, but they got cool after that and Phil "Jaccson" spilled all the beans about Shaq fucking the Lakers over when he was with the organization. That's besides the point...Everyone who knows Kobe knows he has strong character and is a very humble dude with a respected drive to succeed. If anyone questions Kobe's character and praises MJ, they are obviously some bitchel ass haters.

Quote from: Now_I_Know link=top

ic=184338.msg1883128#msg1883128 date=1213839386
LOL there's no way A) Kobe would sign in Portland or B) Portland would sign Kobe. It simply wouldn't happen. Portland will be as much as 30 million under the cap in 09, so theoretically it could happen, but Kevin Pritchard places a very high premium on character (ie not publicly berating team mates, no rape cases, no prima donna attitude, no huge ego, etc) so while his talent is undeniable, its just not a good match from either side. Its not like we'll even need Kobe anyway. Chris Paul is more likely, but that is likely as much out of the question as Kobe because he's probably going to sign a huge extension before he becomes a free agent anyway. Igoudala wouldn't be too bad for a long term option at the 3 though.

LMAO@thinking Kevin Pritchard wouldn't shit his pants if he had a shot at Kobe...ahahahahahahah. That's like saying the Knicks wouldn't have wanted MJ on their team in the 90s. :stupid:

Trust me, if you knew anything at all about KP its that he will pass on great talent if the guy doesn't fit the culture of the team. He believes team chemistry is more important than the talent of any one player. He says as much in almost every interview he's in. For example:

Everyone who knows a thing or two about Kobe knows he's a great leader and has excellent character...he brings the best out of his teammates and is an extremely motivational locker room presence. If Pritchard would pass up on Kobe for his character, then he'd also pass up on MJ and Magic, and he'd be a total idiot, which I find extremely hard to believe.

I think you can put the "great leader" and "gets the most out of his team mates" talk away for now at least. Like I said, KP is not taking on a guy who badmouths his team mates in public, is of questionable character (rape case - I know he isn't guilty but it DOES taint his character and speaks volumes about his self centered mentality), and does not fit the culture of the team. A guy can have one, maybe even 2 of these knocks on him in the case of an exceptional talent, but all three of these things and its a no go.

LOL! Kobe gets these Lakers to the Finals when no one expected them to be there and people STILL shit on him...gotta love it! Like I said, according to your claims, the Blazers wouldn't have taken on Jordan in his prime...wait...didn't the Blazers pass up Jordan for Bowie in the draft? It all makes sense now!

You got to be kidding me. A LOT of people predicted them to not only go to the finals, but DOMINATE the finals and win in 4 or 5 games immediately following the Gasol trade. Not just dubcc Laker fans, but a vast array of people from casual sports fans to professional NBA analysts were predicting NBA Finals at the very least for the Kobe-Gasol Lakers. Stop trying to make this into some type of against all odds story. The Lakers were FAVORED. I'm not "shitting" on Kobe (and for the love of God, STOP the MJ comparisons. They are Invalid and this thread is not about anything MJ related), but ask around, Kobe is not exactly a prime example of high character and ethical standards or leadership and this is true until he proves otherwise. Its almost like you're trying to sell me on Kobe. Why can't you just be satisfied with the fact the Kobe and Portland is not a good fit for either party involved and leave it at that? You can't convince me that he would be good for Portland (well actually he might be able to excel in his more natural sidekick role since he would have a great center to play off of again).

The Lakers were favored because they played exceptionally well up until the Finals.. before that, everyone was acting like they wouldn't do shit. It wasn't up until they took care of the Spurs that people started jumping on the bandwaggon...Nobody's tryna sell you on shit...anyone who knows both MJ and Kobe will tell you they had the same drive and character when it came to teammates and leadership. In fact, Jordan was even more of a hardass than Kobe was, at times PHYSICALLY fighting with his own players. Are you telling me your GM wouldn't have that? Disgusting...any team pretending like they wouldn't shit their pants over acquiring Kobe Bryant, the best player on this planet, are complete jokes...PeACe

Again, this thread is not about Jordan, and as was readily proven last night, he can't compare. Jordan could do all that shit and still get the job done. Now, you are disregarding Kobe's blatant and well documented character flaws and how detrimental he can be to team chemistry. Team chemistry trumps and individual player's ability.

Kobe currently has the strongest character and highest will to win in the league...Kobe is the only player who coulda' gotten the Lakers to the Finals this year, after our disastrous 42 win season, so quit acting like he didn't reach the top of the western conference. You better hope the players on your team can develop HALF the character of a Kobe Bryant. still LMAO@"not wanting" Kobe. :grumpy:

No. Separate. Character as in being a person of strong values and high ethical standards. Every player in the nba has a desire to win, so thats not going to separate one guy from the next. If you disagree with placing a premium on character (in this context) then thats fine, but I can tell you that it has worked out great for Pritchard and the Blazers since he took over in 2006. Kobe simply does not fit the movement in Portland. KP would easily pass on Kobe unless he came relatively cheap. The only guys from LA we are interested in are Westbrook and Mayo and chances are, we wont get them either.

LOL@passing up Kobe for "character" issues, and going for OJ Mayo...Not saying Mayo is a bad guy, but he looks up to Kobe, along with many other players in this league. Put it this way...

Farmar>Jack
Kobe>Roy
Odom>Outlaw
Gasol>Aldridge
Bynum>Oden

Jack has been pretty good, i think Farmar will be better, but right now i dont think hes DEF better...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Quote from: Now_I_Know link=top

ic=184338.msg1883128#msg1883128 date=1213839386

Farmar>Jack
Kobe>Roy
Odom>Outlaw
Gasol>Aldridge
Bynum>Oden

Jack has been pretty good, i think Farmar will be better, but right now i dont think hes DEF better...

Jack is garbage...I'd take Farmar over him any day. And if not, just switch that up to Fisher>Jack. :D

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Farmar>Jack
Kobe>Roy
Odom>Outlaw
Gasol>Aldridge
Bynum>Oden

LOL. I know you're out of your mind already, but sometimes its fun to watch you make an ass of yourself. First, the "character" issues with Mayo are really non issues (he is far from the first or the last college athlete to accept money and gifts if he did it) and are speculation at best at this point. Lots of guys look up to Kobe from a basketball standpoint and manage to be high character guys (Martel Webster).

Jack is not our starting pg. He's an energy combo guard off the bench who will probably be gone by the start of the season and Outlaw is another energy off the bench guy. So lets assume Portland doesn't get their pg of the future in the draft. that leaves us with:

Blake>Backstreet Boy - Farmar is ok but you can't count on his for much outside of an entry pass or an open court layup. Blake is a top tier 3pt shooter and does a good job taking care of the ball. tends to make smart decisions. They are both guys who would be very good back up pgs and are fringe starters. Advantage to Blake for 3pt % and not looking like he grew up having sex with his buddies.

Roy<Kobe - no argument here

Webster<Odom - for now, but not really comparable players. Odom is stronger and a better rebounder but Webster is a much better shooter and a rapidly improving defender with very underrated athleticism. Very different games, but odom is the better player right now.

Aldridge>Gasol - comparable numbers but advantage to LMA because he's much younger with more room to grow, is a superior athlete and defender to Gasol and doesn't tuck his tail when he's called upon to get a basket.

Oden>Bynum - I know you're a homer but lets be serious. Oden is going to put up at least Bynums 3rd year numbers in his rookie season. Oden = most heralded player to come into the league since James. Oden has all the athleticism of Dwight Howard with more size and a much more refined post game. Oden = once in a generation center. Bynum is no slouch but the same can not be said for him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

And that's exactly where you're wrong. Playing in the NBA Finals doesnt mean "getting punked". You can win, you can loose. But if the Lakers reaches the Finals again next year there's nothing in the world who will make Kobe switch team. Cause it's easier to make the 2nd best team in the NBA the best one than to make a lottery team the best team in the NBA. Get it?

Sometimes a diva just needs a change of scenery. Get it? And the 2009 Blazers probably won't be a lottery team. Losing by like 40 points in the last game of the season while franchise players pour Gatorade over coaches while the game is still going on = getting punked.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Sometimes a diva just needs a change of scenery. Get it? And the 2009 Blazers probably won't be a lottery team. Losing by like 40 points in the last game of the season while franchise players pour Gatorade over coaches while the game is still going on = getting punked.

So I guess the whole western conference should be extremely ashamed of themselves. LOL. You're a Dallas fan, muthafucka. Lets be real, now...We got to the Finals with one of the youngest teams in the league, and we didn't have our 2nd best player. Kobe LOVES LA, and if you really think him leaving to Portland is even a slight possibility, you need to get your head check.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Naah. Your erotic dream ain't happening, homie. Germany eliminating Portugal is enought, for today.  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Farmar>Jack
Kobe>Roy
Odom>Outlaw
Gasol>Aldridge
Bynum>Oden

Blake>Backstreet Boy - Farmar is ok but you can't count on his for much outside of an entry pass or an open court layup. Blake is a top tier 3pt shooter and does a good job taking care of the ball. tends to make smart decisions. They are both guys who would be very good back up pgs and are fringe starters. Advantage to Blake for 3pt % and not looking like he grew up having sex with his buddies.

LOL...Blake looks like a reject Backstreet Boy, first and foremost. But anyways, Farmar is a lot more valuable than Blake, I'll tell you that much. You talk about Blake being a top tier 3-point shooter when Farmar makes as many threes in less minutes and scores better than him on a higher percentage with a lot less playing time... And if you don't think Farmar is better, you can't argue that Fisher isn't better.

Good.

Webster<Odom - for now, but not really comparable players. Odom is stronger and a better rebounder but Webster is a much better shooter and a rapidly improving defender with very underrated athleticism. Very different games, but odom is the better player right now.

LOL...REALLY?!

Aldridge>Gasol - comparable numbers but advantage to LMA because he's much younger with more room to grow, is a superior athlete and defender to Gasol and doesn't tuck his tail when he's called upon to get a basket.

Come on, now...Aldridge may one day be better, but Gasol is on a much higher level as of now. LOL!

Oden>Bynum - I know you're a homer but lets be serious. Oden is going to put up at least Bynums 3rd year numbers in his rookie season. Oden = most heralded player to come into the league since James. Oden has all the athleticism of Dwight Howard with more size and a much more refined post game. Oden = once in a generation center. Bynum is no slouch but the same can not be said for him.

Oden still hasn't played a minute in the NBA...I personally think Oden will do great, but Bynum will dominate the low post with his power, finesse, and wide array of post moves, as well as his superior defense and rebounding abilities. I think it could be a great west coast rivalry for years to come. Two of the few true up and coming back-to-the-basket centers in the league.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:57:25 PM by Now_I_Know »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Nigga I don't give a fuck about the Blazers. But Kobe leaving LA would be nice, of course. Although not quite on erotic dream level. Kobe signing with the Mavs for the MLE and Mavs trading Howard and Terry for Melo and K-Mart, now that would be on some pipe dream shit for real.  8)

So I guess the whole western conference should be extremely ashamed of themselves. LOL. You're a Dallas fan, muthafucka. Lets be real, now...We got to the Finals with one of the youngest teams in the league, and we didn't have our 2nd best player. Kobe LOVES LA, and if you really think him leaving to Portland is even a slight possibility, you need to get your head check.

Let's not act as if Kobe had never been asked to be traded before. He wanted to leave the Lakers if they don't build a championship team around him. Who cares if he loves LA and if Portland is a boring place in comparison. He wants to get more rings. He badly wanted to be traded to Chicago, and the Blazers are clearly better than a gutted Bulls team. It's not even close. So now you wanna tell me, that he prefers to go to a gutted Bulls team, because Chicago is a big market? That's low of him if true.

Dallas is not in a good position right now but that is irrelevant for Kobe. Plus, if Cuban can make a move with the stupid Nuggets, the Mavs could become a great team again. This off-season should be interesting again.
No, it's not a sin

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
So now you wanna tell me, that he prefers to go to a gutted Bulls team, because Chicago is a big market? That's low of him if true.

HIS HERO, THE GOAT, MICHAEL JORDAN PLAYED FOR CHICAGO. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN ONE MORE WAY OF HIM STEPPING CLOSER TO THE LEGACY. ONE MORE WAY OF BEING A LITTLE BIT MORE LIKE MIKE.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL...Blake looks like a reject Backstreet Boy, first and foremost. But anyways, Farmar is a lot more valuable than Blake, I'll tell you that much. You talk about Blake being a top tier 3-point shooter when Farmar makes as many threes in less minutes and scores better than him on a higher percentage with a lot less playing time... And if you don't think Farmar is better, you can't argue that Fisher isn't better.

Good.

LOL...REALLY?!

Come on, now...Aldridge may one day be better, but Gasol is on a much higher level as of now. LOL!

Oden still hasn't played a minute in the NBA...I personally think Oden will do great, but Bynum will dominate the low post with his power, finesse, and wide array of post moves, as well as his superior defense and rebounding abilities. I think it could be a great west coast rivalry for years to come. Two of the few true up and coming back-to-the-basket centers in the league.

Blake   3pt% - .406    ast- 5.1    ft%- .766    fg%-  .408   pts- 8.5
Farmar 3pt% - .371    ast- 2.7    ft%- .679    fg%-  .461   pts- 9.1

advantage Blake.

Aldridge vs Gasol - Their numbers across the board are very comparable but the difference is Gasol is in his prime and Aldridge is only 22 and steadily improving. Advantage Aldridge. No way in hell would he be traded for Gasol. Don't you think if Portland wanted him over Aldridge they could have given Memphis a superior package than LA did? Aldridge and Raef laFrentz (huge expiring) and throw ins from Memphis to match salaries would have been more than enough to get it done (obviously).

I'll agree to not definitively say Oden will be better if you agree to not definitively say Bynum will be better based on the same fact you brought up, Oden hasn't played an NBA game yet. I can say I have big doubts about Bynum being anywhere near Oden's level though. Oden is the most gifted center prospect to come into the NBA since Shaq.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:59:20 PM by Turf Hitta »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Nigga I don't give a fuck about the Blazers. But Kobe leaving LA would be nice, of course. Although not quite on erotic dream level. Kobe signing with the Mavs for the MLE and Mavs trading Howard and Terry for Melo and K-Mart, now that would be on some pipe dream shit for real.  8)

Let's not act as if Kobe had never been asked to be traded before. He wanted to leave the Lakers if they don't build a championship team around him. Who cares if he loves LA and if Portland is a boring place in comparison. He wants to get more rings. He badly wanted to be traded to Chicago, and the Blazers are clearly better than a gutted Bulls team. It's not even close. So now you wanna tell me, that he prefers to go to a gutted Bulls team, because Chicago is a big market? That's low of him if true.

Dallas is not in a good position right now but that is irrelevant for Kobe. Plus, if Cuban can make a move with the stupid Nuggets, the Mavs could become a great team again. This off-season should be interesting again.

Kobe was never gunna leave the Lakers, he has a trade clause where he could veto any trade. the whole point was to pressure Kupchak into moving his ass and motivate the Laker players to get their asses in the gym and master their game. It worked, and he's not going anywhere...You can bet the house on that.