Author Topic: Will Kobe opt out and sign with the Blazers if the Lakers get owned in 2009?  (Read 2571 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL...Blake looks like a reject Backstreet Boy, first and foremost. But anyways, Farmar is a lot more valuable than Blake, I'll tell you that much. You talk about Blake being a top tier 3-point shooter when Farmar makes as many threes in less minutes and scores better than him on a higher percentage with a lot less playing time... And if you don't think Farmar is better, you can't argue that Fisher isn't better.

Roy<Kobe - no argument here

Good.

Webster<Odom - for now, but not really comparable players. Odom is stronger and a better rebounder but Webster is a much better shooter and a rapidly improving defender with very underrated athleticism. Very different games, but odom is the better player right now.

LOL...REALLY?!

Aldridge>Gasol - comparable numbers but advantage to LMA because he's much younger with more room to grow, is a superior athlete and defender to Gasol and doesn't tuck his tail when he's called upon to get a basket.

Come on, now...Aldridge may one day be better, but Gasol is on a much higher level as of now. LOL!

Oden>Bynum - I know you're a homer but lets be serious. Oden is going to put up at least Bynums 3rd year numbers in his rookie season. Oden = most heralded player to come into the league since James. Oden has all the athleticism of Dwight Howard with more size and a much more refined post game. Oden = once in a generation center. Bynum is no slouch but the same can not be said for him.

Oden still hasn't played a minute in the NBA...I personally think Oden will do great, but Bynum will dominate the low post with his power, finesse, and wide array of post moves, as well as his superior defense and rebounding abilities. I think it could be a great west coast rivalry for years to come. Two of the few true up and coming back-to-the-basket centers in the league.

Blake   3pt% - .406    ast- 5.1    ft%- .766    fg%-  .408   pts- 8.5
Farmar 3pt% - .371    ast- 2.7    ft%- .679    fg%-  .461   pts- 9.1

advantage Blake.

What happened to your "he's younger" argument? Farmar has a much higher ceiling than Blake...Farmar has footspeed, major athleticism, and hops, a nice jump-shot, as well as much stronger defense than Blake. He scores more and shoots a higher percentage in less minutes..his assists are down because he plays in the triangle, but he has nice court recognition and a high basketball IQ as well. Farmar is the better player now, and he's 6 years younger, so according to your logic, he's WAY more valuable.

Aldridge vs Gasol - Their numbers across the board are very comparable but the difference is Gasol is in his prime and Aldridge is only 22 and steadily improving. Advantage Aldridge. No way in hell would he be traded for Gasol. Don't you think if Portland wanted him over Aldridge they could have given Memphis a superior package than LA did? Aldridge and Raef laFrentz (huge expiring) and throw ins from Memphis to match salaries would have been more than enough to get it done (obviously).

LOL...are you kidding me? I'm talking about as of now. Gasol is currently way better than Aldridge. That's not even questionable. Who knows how good Aldridge will be, but right now Gasol scores more on a way higher percentage, is a better rebounder, great passing big man, not great, but solid defense (at the power forward spot). Gasol is currently way above Aldridge. I'm not speakin on the future.

I'll agree to not definitively say Oden will be better if you agree to not definitively say Bynum will be better based on the same fact you brought up, Oden hasn't played an NBA game yet. I can say I have big doubts about Bynum being anywhere near Oden's level though. Oden is the most gifted center prospect to come into the NBA since Shaq.

Oden looks like he can be great, I'm not doubting that...but from what I've seen, I think Bynum will be better.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL...Blake looks like a reject Backstreet Boy, first and foremost. But anyways, Farmar is a lot more valuable than Blake, I'll tell you that much. You talk about Blake being a top tier 3-point shooter when Farmar makes as many threes in less minutes and scores better than him on a higher percentage with a lot less playing time... And if you don't think Farmar is better, you can't argue that Fisher isn't better.

Good.

Webster<Odom - for now, but not really comparable players. Odom is stronger and a better rebounder but Webster is a much better shooter and a rapidly improving defender with very underrated athleticism. Very different games, but odom is the better player right now.

LOL...REALLY?!

Aldridge>Gasol - comparable numbers but advantage to LMA because he's much younger with more room to grow, is a superior athlete and defender to Gasol and doesn't tuck his tail when he's called upon to get a basket.

Come on, now...Aldridge may one day be better, but Gasol is on a much higher level as of now. LOL!

Oden>Bynum - I know you're a homer but lets be serious. Oden is going to put up at least Bynums 3rd year numbers in his rookie season. Oden = most heralded player to come into the league since James. Oden has all the athleticism of Dwight Howard with more size and a much more refined post game. Oden = once in a generation center. Bynum is no slouch but the same can not be said for him.

Oden still hasn't played a minute in the NBA...I personally think Oden will do great, but Bynum will dominate the low post with his power, finesse, and wide array of post moves, as well as his superior defense and rebounding abilities. I think it could be a great west coast rivalry for years to come. Two of the few true up and coming back-to-the-basket centers in the league.

advantage Blake.

What happened to your "he's younger" argument? Farmar has a much higher ceiling than Blake...Farmar has footspeed, major athleticism, and hops, a nice jump-shot, as well as much stronger defense than Blake. He scores more and shoots a higher percentage in less minutes..his assists are down because he plays in the triangle, but he has nice court recognition and a high basketball IQ as well. Farmar is the better player now, and he's 6 years younger, so according to your logic, he's WAY more valuable.

Aldridge vs Gasol - Their numbers across the board are very comparable but the difference is Gasol is in his prime and Aldridge is only 22 and steadily improving. Advantage Aldridge. No way in hell would he be traded for Gasol. Don't you think if Portland wanted him over Aldridge they could have given Memphis a superior package than LA did? Aldridge and Raef laFrentz (huge expiring) and throw ins from Memphis to match salaries would have been more than enough to get it done (obviously).

LOL...are you kidding me? I'm talking about as of now. Gasol is currently way better than Aldridge. That's not even questionable. Who knows how good Aldridge will be, but right now Gasol scores more on a way higher percentage, is a better rebounder, great passing big man, not great, but solid defense (at the power forward spot). Gasol is currently way above Aldridge. I'm not speakin on the future.

I'll agree to not definitively say Oden will be better if you agree to not definitively say Bynum will be better based on the same fact you brought up, Oden hasn't played an NBA game yet. I can say I have big doubts about Bynum being anywhere near Oden's level though. Oden is the most gifted center prospect to come into the NBA since Shaq.

Oden looks like he can be great, I'm not doubting that...but from what I've seen, I think Bynum will be better.

This is what you don't understand. Portland is built to be the team of the future, not the team of right now necessarily. You are also grossly underestimating the importance of team chemistry and having players that compliment each other's skill sets. This is the advantage of the way Portland is being put together. This is why from a team perspective, I'd rather have Blake over Farmar. He embraces his role ,provides veteran leadership and is a calming influence, and takes care of the ball. And the main reason I wouldn't want Farmar is because in all liklihood, after the draft, Blake will be our backup pg and we'll have somebody better than Farmar starting.
    This team is built from the ground up with great talent and will have a lot of time to grow together. Why would Aldridge be traded for Gasol? Gasol is already in his prime and is only marginally better than Aldridge in his 2nd year. LMA has about 10-13  seasons left in him, can you say that about Gasol? Current talent level is not the only thing to take into consideration especially when the difference is negligible is the grand scheme of things.
   As far as your assertion that KP would trade Oden for Bynum, nothing could be further from the truth. He has stated that there are exactly two players he would consider trading Oden for and those players are LeBron James and Jordan in his prime. Bynum is a far cry from either of them.

edit: And just for the hell of it I compared Jarret Jack to Jordan Farmar on nba.com. It pretty much ruins your claim that Farmar>Jack.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:01:52 AM by Turf Hitta »

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
I'm not speakin on the future.

WOW THATS A FIRST!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not speakin on the future.

WOW THATS A FIRST!!

Whatever comes in handy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Good.

LOL...REALLY?!

advantage Blake.

This is what you don't understand. Portland is built to be the team of the future, not the team of right now necessarily. You are also grossly underestimating the importance of team chemistry and having players that compliment each other's skill sets. This is the advantage of the way Portland is being put together. This is why from a team perspective, I'd rather have Blake over Farmar. He embraces his role ,provides veteran leadership and is a calming influence, and takes care of the ball. And the main reason I wouldn't want Farmar is because in all liklihood, after the draft, Blake will be our backup pg and we'll have somebody better than Farmar starting.
    This team is built from the ground up with great talent and will have a lot of time to grow together. Why would Aldridge be traded for Gasol? Gasol is already in his prime and is only marginally better than Aldridge in his 2nd year. LMA has about 10-13  seasons left in him, can you say that about Gasol? Current talent level is not the only thing to take into consideration especially when the difference is negligible is the grand scheme of things.
   As far as your assertion that KP would trade Oden for Bynum, nothing could be further from the truth. He has stated that there are exactly two players he would consider trading Oden for and those players are LeBron James and Jordan in his prime. Bynum is a far cry from either of them.

edit: And just for the hell of it I compared Jarret Jack to Jordan Farmar on nba.com. It pretty much ruins your claim that Farmar>Jack.

LOL. You try so hard...Portland may be the team of the future, but the Lakers are the team of the future AND the team of the now. I don't see the Blazers winning any titles in the next 5 years, that's for sure...Sure, they may contend, but the Lakers are a championship caliber team AS OF NOW. When did I say anything about trading players? I'm talking about who is currently better...Blake may be good at "taking care of the ball", but Farmar does everything else better AND he averages less turnovers. You don't wanna take into consideration that Farmar is much younger than Blake, yet when it comes to comparing Aldridge and Gasol, you use that as your main argument. LOL! Gasol is NOT in his prime, and as of now, Aldridge has a lot to learn before he can claim he has the ability of a Gasol. I never said Portland would trade Aldridge for Gasol, but that's not what I'm talkin about...I'm talkin about which player is BETTER. I also never said KP would trade Oden for Bynum, I said that right now, Bynum is better and clearly more skilled. Do you even pay attention to my posts?...and LOL@nba.com telling you Jack is better than Farmar. Jack is a 2guard in a point guards body with whack defense. I'd take Farmar over him ANY day, but that's besides the point. Lakers>>>>Blazers, no matter which way you look at it...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Gasol IS in his prime. How is pushing 28 not prime for a soft big? He's just not that good, that's all.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't think about any player better than him to play PF in the triangle. Do you?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Gasol IS in his prime. How is pushing 28 not prime for a soft big? He's just not that good, that's all.

LOL@"Gasol is not that good"...you're a Nowitzki fan! You have no right to call ANY player soft.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't think about any player better than him to play PF in the triangle. Do you?

What does that have to do with being in his prime or not? Anyways, it's all speculation, but I think Duncan would be better.

LOL@"Gasol is not that good"...you're a Nowitzki fan! You have no right to call ANY player soft.

Of course I have the right. Me being a supporter of a soft player doesn't make the next player less soft. Unlike you, I admit when my niggas ain't  perfect.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Duncan is over the hill...No way would he currently fit the tri better than Gasol. My point is that if Gasol is soft, Nowitzki is a feather.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'

What does that have to do with being in his prime or not? Anyways, it's all speculation, but I think Duncan would be better.

Of course I have the right. Me being a supporter of a soft player doesn't make the next player less soft. Unlike you, I admit when my niggas ain't  perfect.

THATS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN! A TRUE FAN WOULD SAY HIS FAVORITE TEAM/PLAYER IS THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION! DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME IF YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER WANTED YOU TO SUCK HIS DICK TO RELIEVE SOME STRESS BEFORE THE GAME SO HE CAN HELP HIS TEAM WIN, YOU WOULDNT DO IT? YOU'RE SUCH A FAKE FAN!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Duncan is over the hill...No way would he currently fit the tri better than Gasol. My point is that if Gasol is soft, Nowitzki is a feather.

Being skilled enough to make a 3 on a regular and a turn-around fadeaway at mid-range although you are 7 feet tall is not exactly what makes you soft. What makes you soft is when you never take it to the hoop and you never block shit, disappear in the clutch and cry a lot. Well, have you watched the 2006 playoffs? Dirk took it to the hoop plenty of times. He was cluuutch against Bowen and Ginobili on that 3 point play in Game 7 against the Spurs. He had a clutch block also. And Gasol cries all the time, literally. He got owned hard by Duncan and I won't even say anything about the Finals. I'd say they're both too soft for their own good and leave it at that.
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Good.

LOL...REALLY?!

advantage Blake.

LOL. You try so hard...Portland may be the team of the future, but the Lakers are the team of the future AND the team of the now. I don't see the Blazers winning any titles in the next 5 years, that's for sure...Sure, they may contend, but the Lakers are a championship caliber team AS OF NOW. When did I say anything about trading players? I'm talking about who is currently better...Blake may be good at "taking care of the ball", but Farmar does everything else better AND he averages less turnovers. You don't wanna take into consideration that Farmar is much younger than Blake, yet when it comes to comparing Aldridge and Gasol, you use that as your main argument. LOL! Gasol is NOT in his prime, and as of now, Aldridge has a lot to learn before he can claim he has the ability of a Gasol. I never said Portland would trade Aldridge for Gasol, but that's not what I'm talkin about...I'm talkin about which player is BETTER. I also never said KP would trade Oden for Bynum, I said that right now, Bynum is better and clearly more skilled. Do you even pay attention to my posts?...and LOL@nba.com telling you Jack is better than Farmar. Jack is a 2guard in a point guards body with whack defense. I'd take Farmar over him ANY day, but that's besides the point. Lakers>>>>Blazers, no matter which way you look at it...PeACe

Your exact words were "Your GM would trade your starting 5 for our starting 5." Complete falsehood. Blake vs Farmar = non issue. Each have advantages and disadvatages but neither are really all that good in the grand scheme of things. Arguing about which is better is akin to two little dick guys arguing over who has a bigger one.

Gasol is too in his prime. Sorry. you're just kissing his ass cause he's a Laker now. And to tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't even trade Channing Frye for Gasol and I don't even much care for Frye. I simply don't like his game, and I thank God KP doesn't care for him either.

As for Jack vs Farmar, I agree that Jack is more of a 2 than a 1, but that should be very telling. Jack manages more points and assists from the 2 than Farmar manages from the 1 AND shoots a higher FT%,FG% and 3pt%. Sorry buddy.

Anyway, this is getting dumb because we both obviously like our teams and the players on them and it should be clear by now that neither of us is the type to just concede and walk away from an argument.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Being skilled enough to make a 3 on a regular and a turn-around fadeaway at mid-range although you are 7 feet tall is not exactly what makes you soft. What makes you soft is when you never take it to the hoop and you never block shit, disappear in the clutch and cry a lot. Well, have you watched the 2006 playoffs? Dirk took it to the hoop plenty of times. He was cluuutch against Bowen and Ginobili on that 3 point play in Game 7 against the Spurs. He had a clutch block also. And Gasol cries all the time, literally. He got owned hard by Duncan and I won't even say anything about the Finals. I'd say they're both too soft for their own good and leave it at that.

The difference is, Nowitzki is supposed to be a franchise player and the leader of his team... Nowitzki would die if he had to start at center...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

And to tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't even trade Channing Frye for Gasol and I don't even much care for Frye.

LOL...never call ANYONE a homer again.