Author Topic: Will Kobe opt out and sign with the Blazers if the Lakers get owned in 2009?  (Read 2570 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And to tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't even trade Channing Frye for Gasol and I don't even much care for Frye.

LOL...never call ANYONE a homer again.

has nothing to do with being a homer. i just dont like gasol's game. frye for gasol would be a little better than a lateral move at best.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL! Wow, man...you're really underestimating Gasol here. Sure, he didn't come up huge in these Finals like we'd have liked him to, but Gasol was the difference between a 42 win team and a 57 win team...He's an all-star player, one of the best power forwards in the league, and is just A WHOLE LOT more valuable out there on the court than Channing frickin' Frye. Would you refuse Boozer for Frye? D. West for Frye? Bosh for Frye? Jamison for Frye? Brand for Frye? Gasol is a top tier power forward. :grumpy:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL! Wow, man...you're really underestimating Gasol here. Sure, he didn't come up huge in these Finals like we'd have liked him to, but Gasol was the difference between a 42 win team and a 57 win team...He's an all-star player, one of the best power forwards in the league, and is just A WHOLE LOT more valuable out there on the court than Channing frickin' Frye. Would you refuse Boozer for Frye? D. West for Frye? Bosh for Frye? Jamison for Frye? Brand for Frye? Gasol is a top tier power forward. :grumpy:

LOL are you saying gasol is in the same class as those guys? I know gasol is better than channing frye. Gasol is NOT top tier. Everybody you listed is better than him with the exception of maybe Brand, and I only say that because he's a big question mark due to his injury issues. And the only way I take any of those guys is if they don't mind a back up role. This is the big plus for Frye is that he knows his role and doesn't mind coming off the bench. He grabs boards and spreads the floor so Outlaw can go to work with the 2nd unit. Fits fine to me. Gasol strikes me as the type who would bitch about his minutes if he wasn't a starter or at least getting starter's minutes. You always fail to see the team chemistry aspect and you look only at pure talent alone. Sure gasol is better than Frye, but is he a better fit? I have my doubts.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL are you saying gasol is in the same class as those guys? I know gasol is better than channing frye. Gasol is NOT top tier. Everybody you listed is better than him with the exception of maybe Brand, and I only say that because he's a big question mark due to his injury issues. And the only way I take any of those guys is if they don't mind a back up role. This is the big plus for Frye is that he knows his role and doesn't mind coming off the bench. He grabs boards and spreads the floor so Outlaw can go to work with the 2nd unit. Fits fine to me. Gasol strikes me as the type who would bitch about his minutes if he wasn't a starter or at least getting starter's minutes. You always fail to see the team chemistry aspect and you look only at pure talent alone. Sure gasol is better than Frye, but is he a better fit? I have my doubts.

Wow...LOL. Gasol is not top tier? He's not an elite power forward in this league? AHAHAHAH. This is a 20 point, 10 rebounds, 4 assist, and 2 blocks guy we're talking about...all on high percentages! You are out of your mind. Gasol is on par with all those guys, and he actually proved he was better than Boozer in the Lakers-Jazz series.. David West and Antawn Jamison are still not on that level right now. Seriously, what is it with your hate for the Lakers and everything associated with them? Did 2000 really get you THAT bad?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't think about any player better than him to play PF in the triangle. Do you?

What does that have to do with being in his prime or not?

He is in his prime. But I was referring to the "He's just not that good, that's all." line. Who's better than him?

Anyways, it's all speculation, but I think Duncan would be better.

You named just one player. But i think Gasol fits better in a triangle offence anyway.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Look I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about Gasol not being a top tier guy because everybody here besides you knows he's 2nd tier at best. Besides, why can't I just not like a player's game and be glad he isn't on my team? I've disliked his game way before he was a Laker so why should it change now?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And to tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't even trade Channing Frye for Gasol and I don't even much care for Frye.

LOL...never call ANYONE a homer again.

has nothing to do with being a homer. i just dont like gasol's game. frye for gasol would be a little better than a lateral move at best.

LOL Frye is pretty good, but c'mooooooooooooooooooon..  ;D

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Look I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about Gasol not being a top tier guy because everybody here besides you knows he's 2nd tier at best. Besides, why can't I just not like a player's game and be glad he isn't on my team? I've disliked his game way before he was a Laker so why should it change now?

I respect you as a fan, cause you like your team and you rep it well (on a side note: i like the Blazers too). You can say you don't like how Gasol plays, but c'mon, he's better than Frye in every aspect of his game. I think you guys are judging him in the wrong way anyway. He's a PF with a very high basketball IQ, he's a wonderful passer, he ain't the type of guy who likes to be aggressive under the basket, but he's a PF!!!! Immagine him next year with Bynum, Odom and Bryant on the floor. I'm sure he'll step up like Odom did finding his perfect role in the team. That's why i won't even trade him for Aldridge, let alone Frye! He's not the best PF in the League, but he's just perfect for the Lakers.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I respect you as a fan, cause you like your team and you rep it well (on a side note: i like the Blazers too). You can say you don't like how Gasol plays, but c'mon, he's better than Frye in every aspect of his game. I think you guys are judging him in the wrong way anyway. He's a PF with a very high basketball IQ, he's a wonderful passer, he ain't the type of guy who likes to be aggressive under the basket, but he's a PF!!!! Immagine him next year with Bynum, Odom and Bryant on the floor. I'm sure he'll step up like Odom did finding his perfect role in the team. That's why i won't even trade him for Aldridge, let alone Frye! He's not the best PF in the League, but he's just perfect for the Lakers.

I already acknowledged that he was better than Frye, but its not as if Frye is a vital cog in the Blazers system. In Portland Gasol would be a backup and I doubt he would really embrace that role.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Portland is a defensive-minded team full of explosive, young, athletic players. Gasol is another type of player. Like i said he fits better than Aldridge & Frye in Los Angeles, but i understand if you think he won't be a good fit for Portland. But it looked like you was saying Gasol sucks. He's a very good player, imho. Like Odom. He just ain't a leader, and he simply need to play in his real role (PF), as a 2nd-3rd offensive option, playing for his teammates and executing triangle very well. You guys are understimating him too much.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:15:41 PM by Antonio »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Portland is a defensive-minded team full of explosive, young, athletic players. Gasol is another type of player. Like i said he fits better than Aldridge & Frye in Los Angeles, but i understand if you think he won't be a good fit for Portland. But it looked like you was saying Gasol sucks. He's a very good player, imho. Like Odom. He just ain't a leader, and he simply need to play in his real role (PF), as a 2nd-3rd offensive option, playing for his teammates and executing triangle very well. You guys are understimating him too much.

Agreed on everything but the last line. Undervaluing him, maybe, but not underestimating.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't even know the difference of the two words, but we got a deal.  ;D

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
basically Im saying that he is good, but I wouldn't want him on my team.

blue crew

• 'G'
Gasol has never averaged 20, 10 and 4 even ONCE in his career. He exposed himself as a soft weenie(like phil calls him) in the biggest nba stage, even tony allen was boxing him out of rebounds.

the nicca couldnt even average 20 and 10 with the wac ass grizzlies, maybe he got close sometimes, but how you 7 feet tall and the most u ever averegad is 9 rebounds ahaha he's overrated. mostly by all the gay lakers groupies on the internet. he's not a top 5 nba power forward. maybe for a soft ass team like the lakers he is, but league wide cuzz is seen as a softy. there are a gang of big men better than him.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^ well he had 20 and 9.8 in 06-07, close enough. But so what, Zach Randolph was a 24 and 10 guy that same year and he got traded for peanuts. Gasol may be good but his value is a lot less than many Laker fans think. In the right system, sure he could be good, aside from that, he's a nice stats player for your fantasy team but not much more.