Author Topic: What do you all make of Jordan's stint with the Wizards?  (Read 280 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What do you all make of Jordan's stint with the Wizards?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
LOL and you have the nerve to call other people haters. To you Jordan is the guy who got lit up by a top player in the league when he was way past his prime and who (according to you) fouled Bryon Russell in a game (If you think that was a foul I don't ever want to see you complaining about "pussy basketball" ever again.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=-WULyz1-OQc). He's not the greatest player in the game who was the driving force behind the greatest dynasty our era has seen. Just because the first of his titles came against the Lakers doesn't mean you have to be such a hater. I'm not even a Jordan fan like that (and his 2nd title came against my Blazers) but denying his place in history as the best (if not of all time, then of our era) is some hater shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
^I'm not denying he was an all-time great, chill out, man...LOL. I was just saying that those are some of the things about Jordan permanently engraved in my memory.Plus, everyone and their mama accepts that "The Final Shot" was a foul. He CLEARLY shoves Russell to the ground. The reason it's one of the things to remember Jordan by is because it's his biggest highlight and it sums up his entire career...The Jordan Rules made Jordan untouchable by the NBA, and there's no way to deny this:

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/zA9zcOhrUWo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/zA9zcOhrUWo</a>

LOL@thinking Bryon Russell would have fell that hard without getting pushed down.. That's pretty much a suspension for Kobe. :laugh:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
^I'm not denying he was an all-time great, chill out, man...LOL. I was just saying that those are some of the things about Jordan permanently engraved in my memory.Plus, everyone and their mama accepts that "The Final Shot" was a foul. He CLEARLY shoves Russell to the ground. The reason it's one of the things to remember Jordan by is because it's his biggest highlight and it sums up his entire career...The Jordan Rules made Jordan untouchable by the NBA, and there's no way to deny this:

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/zA9zcOhrUWo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/zA9zcOhrUWo</a>

LOL@thinking Bryon Russell would have fell that hard without getting pushed down.. That's pretty much a suspension for Kobe. :laugh:

LOL for somebody who acts like the all knowing basketball god of dubcc it is interesting that you have apparently never heard of a flop.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
Are you fucking retarded? Pause the video at 23 seconds, Jordan CLEARLY pushes him. LMAO@thinking Russell would flop on the most important play of his life...especially when the whole world knows Jordan doesn't get called for fouls. :stupid:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-WULyz1-OQc

watch that. He didn't fall from being pushed. He lost his footing when trying to change direction.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:21 PM »
LMAO...Yea...he fell that bad from changing direction. First you say he flopped, then you say he got faked worse than anyone has ever been faked. HE CLEARLY GOT PUSHED. Not even Chicago fans deny this, so why would you? :grumpy:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
LMAO...Yea...he fell that bad from changing direction. First you say he flopped, then you say he got faked worse than anyone has ever been faked. HE CLEARLY GOT PUSHED. Not even Chicago fans deny this, so why would you? :grumpy:

It looks like there is negligible contact. Certainly not enough to call a foul in a Finals game. It looks a lot less like a push and more like a graze to me. Watch it in slow motion again. It is very easy to see it and think it was a push though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:07:22 PM by Turf Hitta »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 04:09:51 PM »
People don't fall from a graze...It's common sense that he was pushed. PAUSE THE VIDEO. He's firmly pushing Russell, almost to the point where he's grabbing his ass. LOL. Just watch it from the back angle while pausing it, and unless you're purposely tryna argue something you believe to be wrong, you'll agree that it was a push-off.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »
People don't fall from a graze...It's common sense that he was pushed. PAUSE THE VIDEO. He's firmly pushing Russell, almost to the point where he's grabbing his ass. LOL. Just watch it from the back angle while pausing it, and unless you're purposely tryna argue something you believe to be wrong, you'll agree that it was a push-off.

Probably should have been choosing my words better. Im not trying to say that it absolutely wasn't a push. Just that from watching the clips its not entirely clear. Just playing devil's advocate more than anything else. GO DEVIL GO!  I dont know though. I watched your clip and mine about 10 times each and I'm still not coming up with a definite conclusion. I didn't notice it at all when it actually happened because I was just enjoying utah getting destroyed so much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
Fine...It's still what I'll most remember him by. I also still think it's a perfect metaphor for his career.

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
LOL THIS NIGGA HATIN ON JORDAN JUS CUZ HE KNOWS KOBE WILL NEVER BE ON THE SAME LEVEL.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
I thought that the stint showed that he was a great player, but at his age, after taking time off, he couldn't dominate athletically. The desire to play doesn't go away, so I don't blame anybody for continuing to do what they love. I only watched the first couple minutes of the Lakers-Wizards video, but pretty much all those points Kobe was scoring, he had Stackhouse guarding him. This whole debate reminds me of "Talk to Em" by Joe Budden, comparing Jay-Z and his retirement, talking about how the younger generation remembers Jordan for when Iverson crossed him.
I got a bird's eye view

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »
NOW_I_KNOW IS HERE!! SPECULATION TIME!!

JORDAN AT 40 >>>>>>> KOBE WILL BE AT 40

You're a towel

HSAHAHAHAHAHA  i found that response hilarious

lol  like "hey im talking to a towel here what the fuck" hahahahahaha

im so fried, off some East Coast danks son
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens