Author Topic: ***D'Angelo Readies First Album Since 2000***  (Read 143 times)

Elano

***D'Angelo Readies First Album Since 2000***
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:22:43 AM »
R&B star D'Angelo is making progress on his first studio album since 2000, which will likely be released early next year via J Records. The label purchased D'Angelo's contract in 2005 from Virgin, which issued his first two studio albums.

For his as-yet-untitled J debut, D'Angelo has already collaborated with Raphael Saadiq and also plans to record with John Mayer, according to a source. A single may be out before the end of the year.

D'Angelo has largely fallen off the musical map since 2000's "Voodoo," which has sold 1.69 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Its single "Untitled (How Does It Feel)," hit No. 2 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop chart and No. 25 on the Hot 100.

In recent years, the artist has endured a serious car accident and drug-related arrests. In lieu of new music of his own, he's made sporadic guest appearances on albums by Common, Snoop Dogg and J Dilla.

On Tuesday (June 24), Virgin will release a CD/DVD retrospective, "The Best So Far...," featuring hits, rarities and previously unreleased videos.

(billboard)

[a recent pic of d'angelo]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:35:05 AM by Elano »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: ***D'Angelo Readies First Album Since 2000***
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 04:09:28 AM »
Dreaaaaaaaads nikka!

Props, we'll see how this pans out...

Soopahigh

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
It's about time  8)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

smegma

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 05:12:47 AM »
I can't wait!

Soopahigh

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
yes ! can't wait 8) !

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
great news !!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.