Author Topic: MR LIF ! ! ! ! !  (Read 313 times)

themovie

MR LIF ! ! ! ! !
« on: July 16, 2002, 09:25:17 AM »
"There are two things I know, and I'm offended by this Record"- George W. Bush",

This album is AMAZING!
Check the site
www.mrlif.com

This album is something I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E-!

POST YOUR THOUGHTS
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

Re: MR LIF ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 09:27:16 AM »
2002 | Home of the Brave 12"
(Def Jux)

"Home of the Brave," the first single from Mr. Lif's new Emergency Rations EP (Def Jux), constitutes the most comprehensive attack on America that anyone in hip-hop (make that anyone in all of pop music) has attempted since September 11.

In two densely consonant, acrobatic verses, Lif -- the dean of indie hip-hop's conscious elite -- makes like James Ellroy and weaves together the Florida election scandal, the administrations of Bushes I & II, the First Amendment, the fragmentation of pop culture, the September 11 attacks, racial profiling, the economic recession, anthrax, bin Laden, and the less foresighted aspects of recent US foreign policy into a scabrous web of deceit.

"They're killing several birds with one stone/While you're at home with anti-terrorism up in your dome," he concludes. "You can wave that piece-of-shit flag if you dare/But they killed us 'cause we been killing them for years." Happy Birthday, America!

"Home of the Brave" also sports the most infectious beat Lif has ever mounted -- it's revolution you can dance to like none since the heyday of Public Enemy.

=[Euthanasia]=

, MrRe: MR LIF ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 07:19:23 AM »
Yeah, what i've heard from Mr Lif has been dope. He's good friends with Akrobatik who I also like alot. Check out "The Fat Shit" or "Inhuman Capabilities", thats just some of the stuff they've done together, they make a great duo.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.