Author Topic: Snoop Confirms Detox; Dre Producing Upcoming Album  (Read 1786 times)

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Confirms Detox; Dre Producing Upcoming Album
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »
Unfortunately if Dre is doing Snoop's new album we will never see the next album...

Not whole album, a few tracks I think..

kuruptDPG

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 07:35:24 AM »
i hope he does produce his whole album, try to make a doggystle pt.2.

Lazar

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »

but I would love to see that Dre starts again to create own things especially for the artists who pay him
did he ever stop doing that then?  :-\

Well, Iīm not Dre so I canīt say it with 100 percently certainty, but I doubt that all his latest beats especially were made for the artists who use them, like Jigga with "Lost Ones", "Trouble" (BTW. Am I the only one who feeling this?)..., Busta with "How We Do It Over Here", "Legend of the Fall Offs"...Snoop with "Round Here", Imagine... Think that all was supposed to be "Detox" material, but who really knows? Since we donīt meet Dre to ask him, we just can speculate ;)

true, that's why i was surprised that you were so sure, in your previous post  ;)
it's nothing personal, but a lot of assumptions are being made on here  ;)
there's nothing wrong with that, but it keeps surprising me how some posters are so sure of their statements, while (i see that) there's no proper base for those  ;)

anyway, yeah some of Dre's stuff definitely was passed around (a few times); yes that was pretty clear from interviews with artists whom Dre has worked with  ;)

but again, does that really hurt the quality of those productions, in compared to productions that were made for a certain artist from the start?

Not necessarily, but I'm just the opinion that the quality of the end-product is mostly better when the producer did something for a certain artist. We all know that any rapper/artist/singer has his own style, and I think that the songs are better when the producer sits in the studio and think about what is the best for a certain artist, whatīs fits his style.    
I know of course that it is in hip-hop has always been the case, that the rappers usually takes the beats off beat-cds which the producer sends to several artists, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Think we already go off-topic with this lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
true, that's why i was surprised that you were so sure, in your previous post  ;)
it's nothing personal, but a lot of assumptions are being made on here  ;)
there's nothing wrong with that, but it keeps surprising me how some posters are so sure of their statements, while (i see that) there's no proper base for those  ;)

anyway, yeah some of Dre's stuff definitely was passed around (a few times); yes that was pretty clear from interviews with artists whom Dre has worked with  ;)

but again, does that really hurt the quality of those productions, in compared to productions that were made for a certain artist from the start?

Not necessarily, but I'm just the opinion that the quality of the end-product is mostly better when the producer did something for a certain artist. We all know that any rapper/artist/singer has his own style, and I think that the songs are better when the producer sits in the studio and think about what is the best for a certain artist, whatīs fits his style.

I know of course that it is in hip-hop has always been the case, that the rappers usually takes the beats off beat-cds which the producer sends to several artists, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

but Dre rarely sends complete beats to other artists doesn't he?
i believe he sometimes sends unfinished beats to other artists so that they can write to it.
after that they get together and finish the song.

for example, Kill You was created that way.

it doesn't matter  ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:31:02 PM by Dre-Day »

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
never dropping, get it through y'all thick heads

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »

thanks for the update Dr.Dre  ;)

Invincible

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 01:48:37 PM »

thanks for the update Dr.Dre  ;)

:laugh:

Lazar

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 01:52:07 PM »
true, that's why i was surprised that you were so sure, in your previous post  ;)
there's nothing wrong with that, but it keeps surprising me how some posters are so sure of their statements, while (i see that) there's no proper base for those  ;)

anyway, yeah some of Dre's stuff definitely was passed around (a few times); yes that was pretty clear from interviews with artists whom Dre has worked with  ;)

i believe he sometimes sends unfinished beats to other artists so that they can write to it.

it doesn't matter  ;)

Ah, OK donīt know that with "Kill You". BTW, when I think about it, it would be really dumb if some producer sends complete beats, wouldnīt it? ;)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »
A Snoop album with Detox leftovers would be fine by me... it's be the closest thing to Doggystyle we could get just because it'd be all at least reasonably dope beats all in a similar theme/craft/style because they'd all be by Dre

After the debacle and poor sales of Ego Trippin, it sounds like Snoop has come to his senses... interviewers ALWAYS ask whether his new albums will have Dre beats on them and his best selling record was Doggystyle by a 3x margin... so it's a no-brainer and I don't know why he didn't do it earlier... it won't take that long either, Dre does have beats on hand, had ones on Busta's joint, Blue Carpet Treament, Young Buck's album, etc, etc so there's beats there to be had

It might not be quite Doggystyle 2, but it'd probably be better than every other Snoop album besides Doggystyle

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
i rather hear jayo felony over a dre beat.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Gloves

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 09:23:22 PM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 12:25:37 AM »

it doesn't matter  ;)

Ah, OK donīt know that with "Kill You". BTW, when I think about it, it would be really dumb if some producer sends complete beats, wouldnīt it? ;)

yeah, i'm just saying  ;)

i mean, i think Dre is really good at making an instrumental that suits the artist  ;)

so even with stuff that got passed around a few times, i'm sure he'll change it so that it's suitable  ;)

by the way, with this statement:

since that's really what you think; could you give some examples of productions of which you know that got passes around, that lack quality due to the way they were created?

not saying that your statement is invalid; i'm just wondering if you can name some examples  ;)

A Snoop album with Detox leftovers would be fine by me... it's be the closest thing to Doggystyle we could get just because it'd be all at least reasonably dope beats all in a similar theme/craft/style because they'd all be by Dre

It might not be quite Doggystyle 2, but it'd probably be better than every other Snoop album besides Doggystyle
why can't it beat Doggystyle for you?  :)

by the way, please get your shit together and check your inbox for god's sake  :laugh:

Lazar

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »

it doesn't matter  ;)

i mean, i think Dre is really good at making an instrumental that suits the artist  ;)

so even with stuff that got passed around a few times, i'm sure he'll change it so that it's suitable  ;)

since that's really what you think; could you give some examples of productions of which you know that got passes around, that lack quality due to the way they were created?

not saying that your statement is invalid; i'm just wondering if you can name some examples  ;)

Hehe, this is like to find a needle in a haystack and like I said before Iīm not Dre, Kanye or some other producing dude, so I just can speculate  ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 02:16:29 AM »

it doesn't matter  ;)

Hehe, this is like to find a needle in a haystack and like I said before Iīm not Dre, Kanye or some other producing dude, so I just can speculate  ;D

:laugh: so you understand now why i said that all those assumptions were pointless?  ;)

by the way, there's a difference between speculating and assuming  ;)

Lazar

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »

it doesn't matter  ;)

:laugh: so you understand now why i said that all those assumptions were pointless?  ;)

by the way, there's a difference between speculating and assuming  ;)

Hehe, yeah I know ;)