Author Topic: Still Fly by BigTymers and about Nelly  (Read 1526 times)

budsmokeronly

Still Fly by BigTymers and about Nelly
« on: June 27, 2002, 05:40:00 AM »
Yo I hate 99% of that commercial bullshit rap, I usually would never listen to this crap, but I been listening to power 106 everyday and this song comes on quite often and I got to admit that I think it is pretty dope.  Also the beat that the cash money click hooked up for connected 4 life is really dope too.  Also I never really heard Nelly too much before cause I would never take the time to d/l a song of his, and I would never spend a dime on an album of his.  But I also been hearin Nelly on the radio, and I just don't get it.  This guy is fucking horrible, straight garbage.  IMO he is one of the worst rappers ever.  Thank god Warren didn't do that remix of ghetto village with Nelly.  At least Warren ain't a sell out, much props to warren for that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
Re: Still Fly by BigTymers and about Nelly
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 07:45:22 AM »
But not all commercial rap is bullshit, and u only brand it bullshit because it's commercial, without ever takin' time to review whats could be good about them.

and IMO nelly isn't too good, but he isn't one of the worst ever rappaz, quite far from that actually.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 07:53:37 AM »
I am just stating my opinion.  I am really picky about rap, and in my opinion Nelly is one of the worst rappers I have ever heard.  If you like that commercial rap that is fine, I just can't stand it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 08:10:23 AM »
Nelly is GARBO

The first time I heard "Take my Clothes Off" my ears started bleeding...

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 08:30:24 AM »
you people are too critical and cant give props where props are due, this guy has gone plat. with all both albums he has released, i mean he sure as hell is not best rapper but he sure is better than you Now I Know.. "Hot In Herre" is a good party cut, oh i forgot, your still a little kid, you wouldnt know too mcuh about that..
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 10:13:54 AM »
you people are too critical and cant give props where props are due, this guy has gone plat. with all both albums he has released, i mean he sure as hell is not best rapper but he sure is better than you Now I Know.. "Hot In Herre" is a good party cut, oh i forgot, your still a little kid, you wouldnt know too mcuh about that..

record sales don't mean shit.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2002, 12:10:45 PM »
All commercial music isn't shit, don't get it twisted.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2002, 01:22:08 PM »
record sales don't mean shit.

It did to TUPAC...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 04:15:14 AM »

agree, as long as your wit a gyrl when the song comes on, doesn't really matter.  but if I'm at home or in my car, I don't listen to Band Aid Bitch

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2002, 05:34:27 AM »

Who bought Nelly's albums? Teenyboppers. Sales don't mean shit when it comes to judging REAL hip hop. When you make hip hop for the money, thats when you have sold out. You make hip hop for the love of the music not for money!

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2002, 06:55:10 AM »
Who bought Nelly's albums? Teenyboppers. Sales don't mean shit when it comes to judging REAL hip hop. When you make hip hop for the money, thats when you have sold out. You make hip hop for the love of the music not for money!

I bought his album and i aint no teeny bopper, and yes sales does matter.. and the kinda shit you are talking about dont exist no more.. everybody comes in the rap game looking for money..

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2002, 07:06:10 AM »

Ask real rappers about it. They make music for the love of music, but they expect to get what they deserve. You cant just make music and make like $100 a month and stay happy. Ask Defari, Craig Mack, Tracey Lee, CL Smooth, Das EFX, ask Cool Breeze, Killah Priest. They've been makin music for some time but now they 're either out of business or completely forgotten. You gotta get paid to stay free.
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2002, 07:09:14 AM »

I bought his album and i aint no teeny bopper, and yes sales does matter.. and the kinda shit you are talking about dont exist no more.. everybody comes in the rap game looking for money..

after saying that you must've started listening to big l once he died right?

lol
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

budsmokeronly

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2002, 07:34:26 AM »
thats complete bullshit that rappers don't make music for the love of it.  Do you see daz dillinger selling out?  How about Warren G?  Tha Eastsidaz?  C-Bo?  Mac Dre?  I could go on and on, there are still plenty of rappers who keep it real and don't gotta sell out and go commercial.

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2002, 08:38:57 AM »
thats complete bullshit that rappers don't make music for the love of it.  Do you see daz dillinger selling out?  How about Warren G?  Tha Eastsidaz?  C-Bo?  Mac Dre?  I could go on and on, there are still plenty of rappers who keep it real and don't gotta sell out and go commercial.  

Yes its hard to believe, but rappers are in this for the money..
the reason why they cant go commericial is because they cant and nobody is feeling their style, Warren G has tried it, Daz Dillenger has tried over and over again, C-Bo and Mac Dre?? they are talented and im sure they cant to go commercial and Tha Eastsidaz havent gone commercial??? please... basically everybody in the rap game is in this for the money because how else are they going to make a living?

after saying that you must've started listening to big l once he died right?  

lol

and let me guess, you have been listening to Big L since he came out in '95 with Lifestylez Ov' Da Poor and Dangerous?