Author Topic: Still Fly by BigTymers and about Nelly  (Read 1524 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: Still Fly by BigTymers and about Nelly
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2002, 10:12:18 AM »
i've been listening to l since i heard him on the yes you may remix w/ lord finesse.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

budsmokeronly

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2002, 01:07:55 PM »
Yes its hard to believe, but rappers are in this for the money..
the reason why they cant go commericial is because they cant and nobody is feeling their style, Warren G has tried it, Daz Dillenger has tried over and over again, C-Bo and Mac Dre?? they are talented and im sure they cant to go commercial and Tha Eastsidaz havent gone commercial please... basically everybody in the rap game is in this for the money because how else are they going to make a living?

Of course every rapper wants to make money, why would they not.  But wanting to make money off records and going commercial are two totally different things.  How can you say Daz or Warren G have gone commercial.  If they had gone commercial you would hear there shit being played like 10-15 times a day on radio stations across the country.  I have yet to even hear Daz new single on the radio here in cali, and I have never heard anything from return of the regulator on the radio.  Their vidz would be all over the trl rotation on mtv.  I never watch mtv, but I highly doubt their vidz get played much if at all.  And you think Tray D and Goldie Loc have gone commercial ??? Please!  They represent gangsta more than almost anyone in the rap game.  Snoop pulls some commercial type shit with them, but them by themselves are nowhere near commercial.  Just listen to Goldie Loc's solo album, or Take Cover,  or any of Tray d's songs.  And I am not even gonna get into mac dre or c-bo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2002, 07:48:03 PM »
obviously you werent around when "Regulators" came out then.. .and fuck, WARREN G and DAZ CANT GO COMMERCIAL, NOBODY IS FEELING THEIR SHIT, I HATE TO SAY IT BUT ITS THE DAMN TRUTH!... man you get caught up into the music, just cuz they rap it means they do it in real life..
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

Pillow

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2002, 09:28:57 PM »
FUCK COMMERICAL RAP and FUCK U ^^. i have been raping for 1 year now and not once have i wrote shit about the ice on my neck or the car i drive, i keep it real because i love making music. fuck the money, it would be nice to make more off it but its not worth the money to sell out and rap about garbagge. i make a living by working, not rapping, rapping is something i love and do on the side, if some 1 signs me i aint selling out for shit

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2002, 01:00:25 AM »
SALES DON'T MEAN SHIT! If an artist/group I love sells double/triple platinum then it's all good but the difference with me is I don't support acts that only make music to chart and I don't support acts just because they sell good, fuck that, I want someone who makes music for themselves and stays true to their roots. 2Pac for instance, he never sold out, he never would and he sold like a muthfucka because fans like me know whats real and whats fake and manufactured, if you will. I could name a 100+ rappers/groups that are tighter than Nelly but don't sell as well, so at the end of the day it's not about quantity, it's about quality. Nelly may sell, good for him, I wish him well, but as far as quality goes he doesn't have what i'm looking for which is originality, creativity, meaning and heart.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2002, 01:00:30 AM »

Ask real rappers about it. They make music for the love of music, but they expect to get what they deserve. You cant just make music and make like $100 a month and stay happy. Ask Defari, Craig Mack, Tracey Lee, CL Smooth, Das EFX, ask Cool Breeze, Killah Priest. They've been makin music for some time but now they 're either out of business or completely forgotten. You gotta get paid to stay free.

Yeah i know that. But u should make the music cause you love it and you want to let people hear you're talent. Who cares if your poor as long as you are doing what you love. Money doesn't bring happiness.

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2002, 07:15:32 PM »
Everybody works for money, nothing for free.. simple as that, you could make music cuz you love it, but your going to want a reward in return...
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

Pillow

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2002, 08:09:47 PM »
the music is the reward man.......

budsmokeronly

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2002, 08:14:38 AM »
Kuniver, from the way your posts read, it seems like you think if a rapper wants to make money then they are commercial.  That is just ignorance.  I gaurantee you every single rapper wants to make money, no matter what they say or however underground they are.  Shit some of the hardest gangsta rappers are the ones out for the most money.  They are hustler's man.  How can you even compare regulate to any kind of commercial crap put out nowadays.  That is straight up disrespectful man.  Get your head on straight.  You say nobody is feeling DAz and Warren's shit.  Well I am for sure, and I know a lot of peeps on this forum are too.  The reason why you think no one is feeling them is because they are not commercial.  Mostly only commercial rappers sell a lot of albums nowadays cause there are so many busta ass faggets nowadays.  And many of the same peeps who buy Nelly, Ja rule and that other fagget shit also buy Nsnyc, Britney Spears, Bow Wow, Limp Biskuit, and crap like that.  Shit if Daz or Warren changed their music to that sell out bling bling, pop crap I gaurantee they would sell at least twice as much as they do.  But see they are not commercial and they stay true to the music they and their real fans love.