Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Releases Dr. Dre-Prod. 1st Single TONIGHT ON RADIO  (Read 5452 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
its a nice beat. pretty simple loop from dre again - not so sure about that synth that comes in on the hook, its kinda odd. imagine is a much better smooth beat. i'm gonna have to keep giving dre the benifit of the doubt cause this aint the kind of quality i was expecting, even for a street single/leftover :-\

like somebody else said it sounds like i need a ride pt. 2 but with those new dre clap sounds and yeah bishop's flow/lyrics aint all that on here...we heard him come much better...

i have yet to check the track myself, but honestly, what else did you expect?  :P

Dre's beat structure has pretty much stayed the same during his career.

eMzi

• Lil Geezy
  • tru playa
I don't really feel it. The beat sounds like leftover, and it's just simple loop shit. I except much more from Dre.
However, Bishop is on point as always, altough he has no power in his voice.

Yah, he has such a lazy flow, it sounds like hes just talking all the time, he needs some power in his voice. The beat is hella dope though, even though its just looped. Nothing special, but a good song!!!
Yup, it's ONLY a good song. Such a long time of waitin' and what we get is a good song. I mean, I guarantee that most of people was expectin' something more than good song. Beat is average, "Imagine" is much better than this and Bishop's flow is :sleep:
Is "Detox" going to be good too?
I'ma diss you over fast, slow track or no track
If your shit wasn't so wack, I'd diss you to yo' track

Matty

dre-day i expected something much better than this. and sure dre is known for simplistic beats but there's not much interesting going on here. the drums are very nice but that's about it. and it's not as if bishop gives a stellar vocal performance - as people have been saying his flow is kinda lazy again. on top of that i'm not really feeling the rhymes or lyrics too much either. this aint going over our heads or nothing, unfortuntely its just a mediocre effort from dre/bishop.

i'm just telling it like it is. if bishop drops something really dope (africa, donkey kong savage) then i'll give him full props - there's certainly no dickriding or hating going on here. he's got huge potential to drop better tracks than this and i think most people would assume that dre can easily produce a better track than this for bishop, even for a street single.

i thought dre could still drop ridicolously hot tracks after hearing 'outta control rmx' - imo everything about that beat is what new dre tracks should be feeling and sounding like. on a more chilled out level imagine was incredibly dope as well. i immediately got jay-z's 'kingdom come' out after bumping this and threw on '30 something' for a comparison. and i don't even think dre was in the studio for that one, jay just got the beats through e-mail or something.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:36:30 AM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
dre-day i expected something much better than this. and sure dre is known for simplistic beats but there's not much interesting going on here. the drums are very nice but that's about it. and it's not as if bishop gives a stellar vocal performance - as people have been saying his flow is kinda lazy again. on top of that i'm not really feeling the rhymes or lyrics too much either. this aint going over our heads or nothing, unfortuntely its just a mediocre effort from dre/bishop.

i'm just telling it like it is. if bishop drops something really dope (africa, donkey kong savage) then i'll give him full props - there's certainly no dickriding or hating going on here. he's got huge potential to drop better tracks than this and i think most people would assume that dre can easily produce a better track than this for bishop, even for a street single.

i thought dre could still drop ridicolously hot tracks after hearing 'outta control rmx' - imo everything about that beat is what new dre tracks should be feeling and sounding like. on a more chilled out level imagine was incredibly dope as well. i immediately got jay-z's 'kingdom come' out after bumping this and threw on '30 something' for a comparison. and i don't even think dre was in the studio for that one, jay just got the beats through e-mail or something.

i wasn't knocking you for your opinion, i just questioned your statement.

Matty

yup and i tried to elaborate because there's no reason not to 8) plus a lot of people would accuse me of just hating, whereas there's a lot of reasoning for why i'd say this is pretty average, nothing special etc. i will still support bishop to the fullest and bump this though - it has a nice westcoast vibe and i'm always feeling dre tracks. however, my criticisms stand.

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DOwnload

rs link only track

Lazar

So, after all the years, we was waitin for this? I´m kinda disaponted.

The song is far away from beign garbage, but, like the most, I was expecting something that make me saying "DAMN  :o, that is it". The beat is not bad, definitely got a nice laid-back vibe. The guitar sounds really nice, also like the drums, but after all, it´s just a simple loop-beat. Damn Dre, why just this simple loop-shit? And again Bishop sounds not really hungry, I mean it´s your first single boy. He should flow his ass off on this, even if the beat not permits much. But what I really like is the lyrical content, too bad that Bishop just rap with his lazy flow  :-\ Don´t really see this as an first single, it´s more like a street-single. But who knows?

Like I said before: the song is not bad, but after all...But the good thing about the song is that it shows that the westcoast has more to provide than just this gangtsa-shit. Let´s hope "The Reformation" will finally drop this year...

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Why would Dre give a leftover track for Bishop? Isn't he supposed to be the next stand-out kid...maybe Dre has really fell off, you can't deny the facts.
He wouldn't even pass those Custom Made remix contests with those loop tracks, lol.

heat

• 'G'
Oh yeah!

Okka

Not really feelin this, ever since i heard Bishop, i've never really been feelin' his shit. Some good songs, but too many wack ones.

whipEr

its hot but i was expecting bigger banger than this. hope ill hear i dominate sometimes

TRG

like a lot of people i was expecting something "Wow". This is nice though, i kinda wish the loop changed up a little more, its fairly simple, but still cool. Hopefully Dre/Bishop deliver a lot more on future/other tracks from the album. I still believe they will though.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
was expectin a lil more ..but ya'll over analyzing this !! its a feel good joint for the summer and its commercially accessible for radio ,, And thats sayin alot becoz dre joints really havent been produced or aimed for radio for a few years now .

This should def get spins in cali .. like bishops creativety on the hook -shits catchy

subject matter gets a a+

At the end of the day its a radio joint , ya'll want him to rap circles around cats on a laid back summer joint ? this isnt mixtape material and it sure isnt there to show bishops lyricism ..

when the cd quality drops i think this will really hit

Lastly is it juss me is he takin shots at game in the last verse ??

v necks - mohawks just aint me
someting something  mr t

either way propz 2 bishop - !!

oh yeaah the beat does remind me o f - i need a girl prt 2  a lil
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:46:44 AM by Soopafly »

Outlaw ANOTHA

• 'G'
Definetly a dope track, nice laid back shit  8)