Author Topic: Dr Dre - Chronic 2  (Read 8969 times)

Klue

Dr Dre - Chronic 2
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:42:35 AM »

The Real Kilo2

Re: Dr Dre - Chronic 2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:50:04 AM »
You get this in NY?

Okka

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:50:49 AM »
Just a picture?

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:52:03 AM »
It's nice if it is, but I have heard rumors of a Dr. Dre bootleg with Chronic 2 era tracks.

Klue

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:52:42 AM »
I forgot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AovvEKFwWLU

dont spam him in pm he got nothin.

I took the photo. I'll admit, the vinyl isn't mine. My older brother stopped by this weekend. He's always going out and collecting rare ass shit. To him that stuff is like his personal treasures. For some reason he's extremely against sharing the shit. I had to sneak that photo. He has no idea about my YouTube channel. I can only look at his shit when he's around. He goes back and forth between here and Chino. He stopped by this weekend and surprised me with this shit. He let me listen to the record at his house, and I gotta say, IT"S DOPE AS FUCK! When he left the room I snapped a picture with my phone.

The original "Blunt Tyme" is on there, the original "OG To BG", there's a remake of "Hoe Hopper" called "Hoe Hoppin". The original "California Love". There's a track called "Deadly Whispers" (I think that's what it's called.) that uses the beat at the end of the "California Love" video. It's also got "Keep Their Head's Ringin". There's only 8 total tracks, 12 with inserts.

He's told me that he's also getting a promo ep of "Helter Skelter" pressed in 1994, which features the original "Can't See Me", "Give Me Fifty Feet", "Natural Born Killaz", "Game OVer", and "Grand Finalle II".I don't know of anymore. I guess those are the only songs' they finished?

Some of the shit that I've heard is beyond belief. There is so much unreleased shit, especially during the 1992-1994 era. We have to remember that for a while there, Dre was on house arrest. All he did was work in the studio and make records.

Most people have trouble believing that this shit is true, but let me break it down.

When a record company is going to release and album they let the artist work in the studio. The artist records the tracks to DAT's. They often times dub their shit to tapes so that they can go home and listen to shit to see what needs to be altered or improved. Or just to let other people listen. When they are ready to move on with the album, the company gets involved and start handling all the legal work (sample clearance, royalty percentage, copyright, etc.). Right away the company presses the album to vinyl, because believe it or not the record executives actually listen to everything they release. (It's cheaper to press to a vinyl than a CD back then) They also press vinyls to prepare for promotional use. Then, when all the legal shit is square, and everything is straigt they move forward with pressing CDs. CD pressing is an enormous commitment by the record company and involves massive production. So they want to make sure that everything is legit and straight before they waste there money pressing millions of CDs (you must remember, CD prodution was more expensive back then). But if the shit isn't right or if the artist's contract expires or if the artist leaves the record company (like Dre did) the album isn't released. Plus I've heard Dre didn't really like the album anyway. Because he was trying to steer away from gangsta rap after his apocalyptic "Helter Skelter". The Chronic 2 does still have that gangsta tone.

Most of the unreleased albums from Death Row are stored on high quality DATs, but many did make it to vinyl and tape, some even to CD. THERE IS SO FUCKING MUCH. Alot of people think they know alot about Death Row, but even they would shit if they knew how much more there is. It's like there's 10 times as much unreleased as there is actually released. It must be understood that the Death Row inmates were young, talented, and eager. Everyone was puttin' shit down and makin' records, almost too fast for the company to arrange releases. Every artist that got signed tried to sign their own people, so on and so on. Very few people know the scale of this shit.

I think the Death Row auction has something to do with my brother getting that vinyl. All of Suge's shit on Death Row is being inspected and gone through. I think that vinyl leaked out somehow. The auction is in 2 days. Hopefully the right people get that shit and are wise enough to release all that shit. If they do, we'd be having like 25 more classic albums come out.

everything will be uncovered eventually. Top Dogg, The Realest, J-Flexx, etc. have been brought to us by For The People Entertainment. The guy who started that company has connections within Death Row. He pays people who have access to the recordings to leak them to him. Suge does not approve of For The People Ent. Other shit like MC Hammer and 2nd II None have been leaked by individuals who are either Djs or insiders at Death Row. There's going to be alot of shit leaked after this Death Row auction.

But you notice that all the shit that has leaked in good quality have always been the lesser albums. The albums that aren't really that good. All the really good shit, Suge kept locked up completely. Everything that has leaked so far, has been owned by Suge, but also by the artists who recorded it and their associates as well. So most likely they leaked it. But I know for sure that all of it is leaked by people on the inside. They sell it privately and it eventually leaks to the net. Very few people ever take credit for leaking it because they fear Suge.

The following is a real life example.

A dude, EMz, who worked for Interscope's Rap/Urban Music Department gave his boy a copy of Snoop Doggy Dogg F/ Tray Dee "21 Jumpstreet", the friday before Murder Was The Case soundtrack dropped. Since SWV f/ Wu Tang Clan "Anything", off the Above The Rim soundtrack, earlier that year leaked to radio they were ready to release it as a single, it already was one of the most played songs at the time. By the time They dropped it as a single, due to how much it ws played on radio, everyone had already taped it directly off the radio, and the single didn't sell well. So from that point on Suge was very protective of shit leaking.
Suge gave the warning. But EMz took it upon himself to give fans a sneak preview of what was to come on the Murder Was The Case soundtrack, so he gave his boy at 92.3 who had a radio show at Midnight on Friday nights to play the record once, when the offices were closed and Suge wouldn't be listening. While The DJ who had the tape was editing out the curses DJ Theo, who had a show from 2-6 was jealous the other dude had the exclusive Snoop, so while dude was editing the tape Theo snatched it up on the sneak tip and and announced he'd be playing it after the commercial, this was while the work day was still going on, so the radio station was being played at Death Row Offices. The dude EMz, called pleading Theo not to play the song, but Theo str8 didn't give a fuck and hung up on EMz, then when he got back from commercail, Theo playeds parts of the Phone call with him and EMz and then played "21 Jumpstreet".
As expected, Suge and his gang, marched into Interscope offices that next week went to EMz office, screaming at him, giving him the usual altimatum, either Resign, or take a beating. However knowing Suge, he could have quit and still got that ass whipped. Luckily, his Supporior Fade Dunaway (who once took a severe beating by suge himself) saved EMz' ass by walking in and told EMz things weren't working out, he had to go.

So basically it's people on the inside man. Alot of people leak shit because it makes them seem significant in the rap game (even though everyone loses the source anyway). Plus the shit is tight. People figure they can make money off of it.

BIG BIG PROPS TO HIM FOR ALL THE INFOS
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:59:03 AM by Klue »

k1000

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:58 AM »

The original "Blunt Tyme" is on there, the original "OG To BG", there's a remake of "Hoe Hopper" called "Hoe Hoppin". The original "California Love". There's a track called "Deadly Whispers" (I think that's what it's called.) that uses the beat at the end of the "California Love" video. It's also got "Keep Their Head's Ringin". There's only 8 total tracks, 12 with inserts.

He's told me that he's also getting a promo ep of "Helter Skelter" pressed in 1994, which features the original "Can't See Me", "Give Me Fifty Feet", "Natural Born Killaz", "Game OVer", and "Grand Finalle II".I don't know of anymore. I guess those are the only songs' they finished?

dont know how credible that is, but... I WANT THOSE  8)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:19:49 AM by k1000 »

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:39:47 AM »
Same guy is on bayontop forums, I guess.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:44:03 AM »
WHAT?  That's hott!  Is this real.  Somebody please hook it up
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 05:44:21 AM »

i would love to have my hands on this. if it is real of course.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 05:46:49 AM »

it's not  ;)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 05:49:26 AM »

it's not  ;)

but what if the story is true?

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 05:49:49 AM »
It's not called "Smokin' Weed For Hours", and that "Chronic 2" is a fake. This is older than 2001. It's just a demo.
Anyway, here is the CDQ son.
Dr Dre - My Life
And because I'm a nice guy, here is the instrumental version.
Dr Dre - My Life (Instrumental)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 05:53:54 AM »
It's not called "Smokin' Weed For Hours", and that "Chronic 2" is a fake. This is older than 2001. It's just a demo.
Anyway, here is the CDQ son.
Dr Dre - My Life
And because I'm a nice guy, here is the instrumental version.
Dr Dre - My Life (Instrumental)

lol, not what the thread is about...

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »
lol, not what the thread is about...
I have to admit it, I didn't read it. It was like "Oh shit Chronic 2. wtf? bla bla bla" in my mind. You feel me? :)
Anyway, i'm off.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:58:21 AM by OcToExtraordinaire »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 06:11:18 AM »
I've got Dre's third Death Row album. It's so secret nobody knows it was ever made, not even Dre. I'd let you guys hear it but you're not really worth it as it depreciates in value with more people having heard it. I'm currently locked in talks with a Japanese businessman about selling it but he's only offering about $6,000,000, he must be crazy if he thinks that's enough.