Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN  (Read 8422 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com -> Go to the site to download it!

Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive! - July 3, 2008 By : Eddie

As promised, we've got the untagged CD quality version of Bishop Lamont's first single produced by Dr. Dre available for you today! The name of the record is "Grow Up," and it features Bishop examining his life and encouraging others to do the same. This feel-good song is poised to blow up on the radio this summer, so get ready to hear this all over the place sooner than you think! DJs, spin this over the weekend!

Bishop Lamont - Grow Up [Produced by Dr. Dre] [Explicit]
Bishop Lamont - Grow Up [Produced by Dr. Dre] [Clean]

Make sure to add Bishop Lamont as your friend on Myspace. Shouts out to everyone who's been supporting this record already. "The Reformation" is coming soon. Get ready for it.

Request "Grow Up" on Power 106 now by texting into 69106. They will play the record if you keep requesting it, so please take the time out to send a text.

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for the latest on Bishop Lamont, Dr. Dre, & Aftermath!

Chuuch!

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Thanks, finally the cdq version!

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LINK DOES NOT WORK...

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
^

It does.

AnybodyKilla

Thanks, finally the cdq version!

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
dubcnn site is down can someone up it here? props nigga 8)

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

Matty

guys this aint loud enough. i'm sure its a perfect source but the gain isn't correct - i loaded it up in wavelab and its about 50% what it should be before peaking :0

thats just the explicit version - the clean is a lot louder but still not quite there.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
PROPS Eddie!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
guys this aint loud enough. i'm sure its a perfect source but the gain isn't correct - i loaded it up in wavelab and its about 50% what it should be before peaking :0

thats just the explicit version - the clean is a lot louder but still not quite there.
this is what we got straight from Aftermath. if you wanna clean it up feel free to post it in here!

Lunatic

finally!

beat is hot as hell and the flow is cool, laid back (as it should be on this beat)

the lyrics hot as fuck

i hope this means reformation is comin

my only concern is i cant see interscope backin this single
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

the source is perfect just the gain is wrong. working on it 8)

MediumL

the lyrics are real good if you listen to em. Beats crazy and that thing on the hook fits even more every time i listen tot the song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks a lot Eddie  ;)

Ok, everyone was expecting to have their head ripped off their shoulders with something absolutely otherworldly and insanely dope, and this isn't that

BUT this is a tight single, it's got an interesting chorus, it's all very well done, drums are dope, laid back guitar melody, I'm feeling it! It's better quality than the mixtape stuff he's put out (and that was all high quality), and I think it's thrown a lot of people just because it's a chilled out song rather than a hyped up song (which will hopefully follow this one)

They may well be going for the summer jam type of thing, same way Nuthin But A G Thang was a chilled single rather than an out and out banger

Also you gotta remember, we're all west coast hiphop heads, the song has to appeal to every mutherfucka if Bishop is to sell, and I think this could do, especially if they push it - I can picture that guitar melody getting stuck in everyone's heads the way other Dre singles have

With Game, I remember thinking Westcoast Story was kind of a throwaway In Da Club ripoff beat, and when How We Do dropped I was like, man, this beat is wack, it's like a kiddy keyboard 3 note melody! But those songs grew on me and now everyone talks about them like they're undisputed masterpieces, which is easy to do once the album had gone on to sell a shitload

I don't know if this song will blow up, but if it does we may well look back and say how it was dope, even though everyone is kind of  ??? and  :'( right now because it turned out to just be a song after all. People and DJs will probably give this a lot of play just because it's a new Dre beat, and it should hopefully pick up from there. He may then have a follow up one that seals the deal - something with Dre rapping or another high profile guest

well i'm glad you reviewed the track, both here  and through PM ( same goes for you Chad, thanks for that  ;) ) so i knew what to expect when listening to it the first time   :)

so it's indeed nothing mind blowing at all, but it's alright  ;) i'm feeling the laid back vibe  :)

anyway,what the fuck is up with the first part of the hook  :-\
come on Dre & Bishop, you can better   :P

by the way, i don't think this is the type of single Interscope wants for a 1st single at all  :P

yup and i tried to elaborate because there's no reason not to 8) plus a lot of people would accuse me of just hating, whereas there's a lot of reasoning for why i'd say this is pretty average, nothing special etc. i will still support bishop to the fullest and bump this though - it has a nice westcoast vibe and i'm always feeling dre tracks. however, my criticisms stand.
i understand.

the beat structure is pretty much the same as Lost Ones & Imagine though.

smegma

this is what we got straight from Aftermath. if you wanna clean it up feel free to post it in here!

They always pull that shit, lol

I'll do the dishes now with this song on repeat and then give my opinion :banana_trippin: