Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN  (Read 8404 times)

heat

• 'G'
This is a fresh breeze compared to all the bullshit they play on radio these days.. I love this shiet!

Outlaw ANOTHA

• 'G'
Love it, Bishop is the truth  8)

BQ

• Lil Geezy
i dont like this song at all......good concept, corny hook, decent lyrics, dope beat

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I liked it yesterday and I like it better today.

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
nice song but 8)

up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up

drives me nuts, what the fuck is he / are they thinking 8)
The invincible, untouchable, CNN

EFFeX

Okay, this is my final verdict for this track after giving it another listen this morning.

Totally uninspired hook, it's like they ran out of time and just let me freestyle something over the part where the hook is supposed to be. The production with that "Summer Madness" sound is sloppy too, sounds almost like a last minute addition. The verses are straight, but since the beat is so monotonous you just feel like pressing the "skip" button halfway through the track.

All in all, average track, probably something to throw somewhere in the middle of the album, but not a good choice for the first single at all.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Not as good as I anticipated.
It's funky enough!

Lucifuge

damn. i cant stop lisiting 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Suga Foot

I've been listening to this track non stop for 2 days now lol.  My girl is tryin to kill me ......  i just keep tellin her she looks like Kieth Sweat, Bitch!  haha

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's a decent effort, but it sounds recycled in a way. I appreciate the subject matter and the concept, but realistically Dre needs to hit Bishop with a club banger or something harder if they're trying to get a buzz.

MisterX

• 'G'
I think they're gonna drop a more commercial single in August/September then the album drops in October/November. If you look at Aftermaths prior releases, that's how they usually do it.

Hittman2001

very nice track...too many people overanalyzing this....just enjoy the vibe.  I'm sure we'll get some outta of this world stuff here in the near future with the bishop album, em's album, and dre's album.  I think this is just the beginning.   8)

Lunatic

once again my concern is that this wont get the album on the shelves - only pushed back, re-worked on and changed

sometimes i just wish bishop/crooked i/etc would come with a WACK ass lil wayne-lollipop type single (as the only wack track) and the rest of the album bein the shit we expect from them - at least that'd get it on da shelves lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
once again my concern is that this wont get the album on the shelves - only pushed back, re-worked on and changed

sometimes i just wish bishop/crooked i/etc would come with a WACK ass lil wayne-lollipop type single (as the only wack track) and the rest of the album bein the shit we expect from them - at least that'd get it on da shelves lol

well the feel on it/oh my god type of single will probably come eventually  :laugh:

Lindon

• 'G'
I have to say I like the track. A couple of things though.

I don't understand what Bishop and Dre are trying to achieve here. This doesn't really introduce Bishop well to a radio audience. The theme of the track is totally inward looking about the state of hip-hop - he is addressing other rappers. It's a good album cut but I would have liked to hear a more universal theme. Hip-hop turning in on itself like this on a dude's first real single is to me not a good thing but all part of its demise...

Musically the track is ok. It's catchy but it's not a particularly great cross-over track. To be honest, I'm not a Kanye fan but comparing it to something like "When it all falls down" (which was the first Kanye track I heard), that was a hella of a track; a great pop song and decent enough hip-hop. Maybe it's personal taste but when that came out, it really was fresh as f*ck. This track sounds good but we've heard it before maybe not on a single but on countless albums.

Nice though the song is, its not interesting enough to have much replay value. If you want to blast peops away or even just get their attention, you have to come with something which is fresh in terms of concept, sound, everything. I really don't think this track is it.