Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN  (Read 8400 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »
Grow Up is the best beat by Dre since Imagine

nah i don't think so  ;)

Which one do you think is better?

well if The Greatest Trick counts as a co-production by Dre, then i'll go with that one.

if not, then my choice would be U Ain't Goin Nowhere

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2008, 09:53:49 AM »
This track just gets better and better for me, I hope it starts to blow up when they start getting it out there more

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:08 AM »

nah i don't think so  ;)

well if The Greatest Trick counts as a co-production by Dre, then i'll go with that one.

You forgot Murder Dem Murders  :o :o :o :o

not sure if that came after Imagine  :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »

nah i don't think so  ;)

well if The Greatest Trick counts as a co-production by Dre, then I'll go with that one.

You forgot Murder Dem Murders  :o :o :o :o

not sure if that came after Imagine  :P

Imagine was originally a Busta track,so I assume Murder Dem Murders was made after it.
Anyway,Murder Dem Murders is the best Dre beat since Hello,The Future and Shit Hits The Fan.
Imagine is dope too,but the ones I just mentioned is "better."

in that case i would go for Murder Dem Murderers  ;)

but i don't like it as much as you do  ;)

Don't get carried away is still my favourite Dre production from the last few years  8)

i didn't know you liked The Future & Shit hits the fan that much by the way  ;)
i thought The Future was a little boring; Shit hits the fan is alright but i can name a lot of Dre productions that i think are better  ;)

Matty

« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
'outta control rmx' and 'imagine' are the best dre beats since 2001. 'the set-up' and 'oh' are pretty sick too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:39:29 AM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2008, 04:54:03 AM »
'outta control rmx' and 'imagine' are the best dre beats since 2001. 'the set-up' and 'oh' are pretty sick too.

i see  ;)

i think outta control rmx is alright, but not that good  ;)

as far as Imagine is concerned, to me the production kind of tricks my mind; it feels like a great intro to something huge, yet that part doesn't exist  :P so it's nothing more than an illusion  :-\
i like the production though, but it's missing something.

anyway i pretty much agree with your other 2 options   ;)
i thought Break ya neck was a very good one too  8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:59:33 AM by Dre-Day »

k1000

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2008, 05:21:39 AM »
I've been listening to it all week and it's really dope. The beat is chilled, laid back, Bishop comes with good lyrics, and the hook has grown on me, it's catchy.

Good shit!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:52 AM »
This track just gets better and better for me
yeah i start to like it more too  ;)

funny subliminal messages in the song  by the way  :D

nah i don't think so  ;)

i'm not sure anymore now  :laugh:

i like it more than U ain't goin' nowhere, not sure about Murder Dem Murderers though  :P
it's hard to compare.

by the way, is it just me or does this single get overlooked ( as suspected)  ???

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
by the way, is it just me or does this single get overlooked ( as suspected)  ???

It will do until they really start the promotion... I remember Eminem's 'My Name Is' came out waaaay before the video and shit dropped and people were like, I guess no one's feeling this, then bam, it became a hit single
And with Game's West Side Story, that never blew up properly, it was just a leaked single and got a bit of a buzz before How We Do dropped

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2008, 07:13:43 AM »

It will do until they really start the promotion... I remember Eminem's 'My Name Is' came out waaaay before the video and shit dropped and people were like, I guess no one's feeling this, then bam, it became a hit single
And with Game's West Side Story, that never blew up properly, it was just a leaked single and got a bit of a buzz before How We Do dropped

yeah but that's up to interscope right?

i mean, it's seems like all the aftermath staff does is spamming with bulletin messages on myspace.com, in an attempt to get more radio play  :P

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »

i mean, it's seems like all the aftermath staff does is spamming with bulletin messages on myspace.com, in an attempt to get more radio play  :P

True, hopefully they'll get a video for it soon, or do a video to another song and release that if this one is only meant to be a sort of warm up street single

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »

True, hopefully they'll get a video for it soon, or do a video to another song and release that if this one is only meant to be a sort of warm up street single

yeah, but what difference would a video make?

the aftermath camp could drop it on youtube but 

they need a single with a video that's backed by interscope

wcsoldier

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2008, 10:37:13 AM »
this song isn't going to do shit on the radio and the only result is the probablity of Bishop being dropped is more and more important ...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
y'all think this will blow?? Im still on the fence, i think its solid album material but nothing single worthy for me. The melody of the actual beat aint catchy enough imo for it to stick in my head and i dont think its going to sell alot through this. I'm sure we'll see another single. I'm with wcsolider/matty/lindon on this but y'all who believe its gon be big too, i wouldnt be suprised if y'all get it right. Never count a dre track out i guess...

Hopefully we'll see an album soon though.....

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »

yeah, but what difference would a video make?

the aftermath camp could drop it on youtube but 

they need a single with a video that's backed by interscope

A video would give the song a lot more visibility, you usually need a video to properly break a song... and yeah, Interscope need to get some adverts and shit and have him do loads of publicity... though he just did that stuff in NY, so maybe he's begun doing that

Wikipedia reckons "The music video will be premiering in July"  (I know, I know, no source)