Author Topic: Ur Thoughtz On Tech N9ne's "Killer"...  (Read 650 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Ur Thoughtz On Tech N9ne's "Killer"...
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
^His best albums are "Calm Before The Storm" and "Anghellic". "Everready" and "Killer" were decent. "Everready" actually had some great songs, but overall, it was just too commercialized. "Killer" also had a few nice tracks, but the sound is, again, way too commercialized, and I've come to expect a lot more from Tech ...I was probably one of his biggest supporters before those 2 albums dropped. I still support his shit, but the sound just ain't classic Tech. To me, Tech veering away from his original style of production is the same as Reggie Miller veering away from the three point shot. Very disappointing.

im not an expert on tech but is the sound shift due to his split with don juan ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

OchoCinco

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
i unno how u guys can hate on everready....i thot that album was one of the best releases the other year ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 06:10:53 PM »
^His best albums are "Calm Before The Storm" and "Anghellic". "Everready" and "Killer" were decent. "Everready" actually had some great songs, but overall, it was just too commercialized. "Killer" also had a few nice tracks, but the sound is, again, way too commercialized, and I've come to expect a lot more from Tech ...I was probably one of his biggest supporters before those 2 albums dropped. I still support his shit, but the sound just ain't classic Tech. To me, Tech veering away from his original style of production is the same as Reggie Miller veering away from the three point shot. Very disappointing.

im not an expert on tech but is the sound shift due to his split with don juan ?

yes and no...his best shit was with Don Juan, but he still made great stuff after they parted ways. I'd say it's mostly due to him going after commercial success.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
i unno how u guys can hate on everready....i thot that album was one of the best releases the other year ::)

I'm not hating on it...i even said, there were great tracks on that album. Definitely better than 99% of the shit being released nowadays. It's just not the classic Tech shit we've gotten accustomed to, that's all.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:50 AM »
I don't know, I thought "Killer" is DOPE! CD 2 is definitely a lot better than CD 1 to me, the end of the album is the best.

Fav track is "why U aint call me" thats one of my fav Tech joints, also "Cry Baby", "Happy Ending", "Can't Shake It", "Psycho Bitch 2", "Black Boy", "Hope For A Higher Power" are all dope.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
Nima, you really think this is up to par with his classic shit, or are you just saying that cuz he told you that? LOL.

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
My Favorite Trakk Iz "One Good Time"... 8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 11:45:02 AM »
Nima, you really think this is up to par with his classic shit, or are you just saying that cuz he told you that? LOL.

Where did I say it was up to par with his classic shit? I said it's DOPE! I don't know I've been bumping nothign but Tech N9ne for the last couple weeks, put his discography on shuffle and let it play..

I know what you're saying, Anghellic, Calm Before The Storm were way rawer.. But if I removed some of the party tracks and some of the girl tracks on Killer I could make a single CD album almost on the same level as those albums.. Of course it's different, years have passed! Plus Tech said after he stopped doing E, he started making more feel good music and moved away from the dark stuff a bit, which is understandable I guess!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »

Where did I say it was up to par with his classic shit? I said it's DOPE! I don't know I've been bumping nothign but Tech N9ne for the last couple weeks, put his discography on shuffle and let it play..

I know what you're saying, Anghellic, Calm Before The Storm were way rawer.. But if I removed some of the party tracks and some of the girl tracks on Killer I could make a single CD album almost on the same level as those albums.. Of course it's different, years have passed! Plus Tech said after he stopped doing E, he started making more feel good music and moved away from the dark stuff a bit, which is understandable I guess!

Naah...he's still doing dark stuff, it's just watered down now...I dunno, man. I mean, it's not bad, but I dunno. You can't make a single CD out of "Killer" that would be anywhere near the classic shit. Let me ask you something, are you just now getting into Tech or have you been into his shit?

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »
best of the year by far...and no im not checkin for Nas ;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »
no ICP collabos this time around?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

Naah...he's still doing dark stuff, it's just watered down now...I dunno, man. I mean, it's not bad, but I dunno. You can't make a single CD out of "Killer" that would be anywhere near the classic shit. Let me ask you something, are you just now getting into Tech or have you been into his shit?

Nah I've been listening to his stuff, copped Anghellic and Absolute Power years ago, then went back and got Calm Before The Storm and Vintage Tech.. I got into Tech through "Questions" off that one Death Row soundtrack.

Like I said I'm not saying it's comparable to the old stuff, but I can feel his new stuff, it's different but I feel the evolution. No I don't like all the hard party tracks but there's still enough dope shit inbetween to me, and his flow is always on point.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »
no ICP collabos this time around?

He's never had them on any of his allbums!! Good thing!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"