Author Topic: Is the new "Westurn Union" single getting radio play anywhere??  (Read 392 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
They don't play nothing except pop rap crap here where I live, but has anyone heard the new Westurn Union single "Westurn Union" on the radio anywhere?  Seems like it's pretty radio friendly, but I haven't heard anyone buzzing about Westurn Union for a while.  They had a lot of talk after the mixtape and single, but now the hype is starting to die down it seems.  We gotta make sure the buzz stays high so the album actually drops!

remo2000

• Lil Geezy
Re: Is the new "Westurn Union" single getting radio play anywhere??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
HAHA You aint ever gonna hear that on the radio buddy, dont even wait.
If Dream Big, All My Life and Holla At Ya Boy dont get played, then how do u expect these old farts to be on the radio???

Quadruple OG

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »
you think if it was a Soopafly solo track it'd be getting more spins?

smegma

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
Nah, but I saw it on a KOCH sampler without the intro from Snoop. :)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »
If Dream Big, All My Life and Holla At Ya Boy dont get played, then how do u expect these old farts to be on the radio???

It all depends on how much the record company wants to promote it....if Snoop tried hard enough, he could get it played on the radio.   My worry is that this Westurn Union project is going to turn into another Soopafly project sabatoged by Snoop because it looks like it's going to blow up bigger than Snoop ever expected or wanted.  Just like Big Willie Dynamite and anything else Soopafly ever does, Snoop secretly tries to stop it.

SeanOne

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »
We play all the tracks mentioned in this thread on the radio out here.  We are a small market and we are only on for 5 hours a week but i think at this point in the game every little bit should help.  Alot of these tracks should be pushed on radio more.  I know alot of it has to do with record labels and all the politics, but trust me if you call you station and flood them with songs that you want to hear, there is a chance you can make the track undeniable.  Seems like a long shot but it does work, especially in the small markets that dont have as much of the big label pressure.

MarshColin

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
Honestly I would love to see Westurn Union blow up but in all actuality I will be happy when they drop their album whether it has zero promo or millions of dollars behind it. It will still be a gem to me.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »

It all depends on how much the record company wants to promote it....if Snoop tried hard enough, he could get it played on the radio.   My worry is that this Westurn Union project is going to turn into another Soopafly project sabatoged by Snoop because it looks like it's going to blow up bigger than Snoop ever expected or wanted.  Just like Big Willie Dynamite and anything else Soopafly ever does, Snoop secretly tries to stop it.

Soopafly DPGC,
You are a Fuccin CLASSIC Homie.  8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
can tell you the song gets no play in philly

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »

It all depends on how much the record company wants to promote it....if Snoop tried hard enough

yeah if... but snoop doesn't promote his homies good enough... low budget videos etc. .... ::)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:38:42 PM by UuuhOooh »
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
I don't listen to the radio much anymore, because they play the same 15 songs over, and over, and over...and over...and over..............................and over................................to the point that I prefer talking on the phone if I don't have any CDs on me.

I haven't heard it on radio in L.A. yet though.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
it gets plenty of play in my ride  8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
I don't listen to the radio much anymore, because they play the same 15 songs over, and over, and over...and over...and over..............................and over................................to the point that I prefer talking on the phone if I don't have any CDs on me.

I feel ya, it's the same thing here, same 15 songs.  I don't listen to the radio much here, except they play "old school" at noon, at which time they play 2pac, dre, snoop, etc....i guess mid 90's rap is old school now LOL. 

Anyways, I just wanted them to get radio play so some different people can get exposed to the Westurn Union and grow their fanbase beyond the internet.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:11:16 PM »
if soopafly was spittin heat then they might play it right?
nah but for real bad lucc is dope and hes gon blow up, jus wait!

I feel ya, it's the same thing here, same 15 songs.  I don't listen to the radio much here, except they play "old school" at noon, at which time they play 2pac, dre, snoop, etc....i guess mid 90's rap is old school now LOL. 

Anyways, I just wanted them to get radio play so some different people can get exposed to the Westurn Union and grow their fanbase beyond the internet.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.