Author Topic: Jaz-O - "It's Ova" (Jigga Diss!)  (Read 571 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Jaz-O - "It's Ova" (Jigga Diss!)
« on: June 14, 2002, 05:15:05 AM »
Woah, check it out, Jaz-O has come out of the shadows and has officially dropped a fully fledged diss track towards Jigga. I'm in the middle of d/l it, but what i've heard so far he seems like he's about ready to expose this whole Jaz/Jay situation. Here's some lines from the opening verse:

"The long wait is, 'Ova'.
My patience is 'Ova'.
I took a leave, let you breathe, all that is 'Ova'.
You caught amnesia, you 'Ova'.
Non believer, you 'Ova'.
You the worst don't you know, 'Ohhhh'.
I'll be in it till it's 'Ova'.
Look at yo' name, same as the letters o' yo' god,
people put it together.
Ain't finished but you 'Ova'.

He basically goes on to talk about how Jay would hang around him when he was growing up, and how he helped Jay with his career, "You know my credits, 'ain't no nigga' but me produce your first hit record". He also takes jabs at the ROC roster, "Memph weak is, 'Ova'...".
The beat is pretty sweet, the way they've used the voice sample ('Ova') is pretty effective, the way he pauses in between words reminds me of what Nas did with "Ether" too.
I've also heard that there is a reply diss from the ROC camp, I can't find anything yet but this is prolly true.
I'll add some more when i've heard the whole thing, if any of you wanna check it out for yourselves it's available over at Audiogalaxy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

Re: Jaz-O - "It's Ova" (Jigga Diss!)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 05:42:03 AM »
Oh my god what a mess Jaz-O has gotten himself into... after hearing this song, I find it evident that Jaz-O lacks any rapping skills at all. A word of advice to Jaz: At least try to make your diss track sound reasonably dope before releasing it. Jaz-O failed miserably at this attempt, as his diss was weak as fuck... lyrics are harmless, and just listen to him, he can't flow at all. I doubt the ROC would even bother responding, but if they do, Jigga will destroy him... you can have my word on that.

Pz

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2002, 06:04:54 AM »
I dunno man, your making it out to be alot worse than it is, he's not the dopest MC i've ever heard but he's pretty nice, i'm guessing you've not heard much of his other material?
This isn't the best diss i've heard either but it's truthful and it exposes alot of things no-one knew about the situation between them, some big Jigga fans didn't even know there was a Jaz-O before Nas' "Ether", thats how worthless Jay has made him look. He shows Jaz no props, and I think him not showing up for one of Jaz's recent video shoots was the last straw for Jaz. People don't realise that Jaz helped Jay open up his career, without Jaz there would've been no "ain't no nigga", resulting in no big hit for Jay back then. I'm curious to see what Jay has to say in reply to this, I personally think he should just let it lie and talk with Jaz personally because Jaz deserves alot more respect from Jay for what he's done for him over the years. Instead of Jay acting like some big headed star he needs to come back down to earth with the rest of us, he's always talking about how 'street' he is and all that jargon, why not prove it and quit acting like he's better than Jaz because he's sold a few million records.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2002, 06:18:49 AM »
Here's the lyrics btw.....

[Jaz-O]
Its the one, you ain't serious nigga

[Chorus - Jaz-O]
The long wait is (ova)
My patience is (ova)
I took a leave, let you breathe, all that (ova)
You caught amnesia you (ova)
Non believer you (ova)
You the worst don't you know?

[Jaz-O]
I be in it till its (ova)
Look at your name, same as the letters of your god
People put it together
Ain't finished but you (ova)
Nooks in your game
Crooked and lame
Say my name, put your palms together
Where did you learn the verse
Get a burner first
That make all concern disperse
Flashback a few thousand days
When you were coming of age
Fuckin with me? Chief points time in the cage
Jaz dollars got you (ova)
But you ain't knowin
You got a round and them damn stand smith's won't roll in
Little Hova think it (ova)
Cautiously though you main ace (?) of course was me
Out of necessity but hatred had you crossin me
The flossin Boxster Porches be
You find out, you lost it B
Thoughts of my fifth
Drippin niggas like a fucked up faucet be
Rap game put in work
Crack game put in work
Fuck you mean Jaz wouldn't work?
Grimey niggas like you get put in dirt
Turn a mother fuckin nusience into a drop top human
Jaz-O takin (ova)
You know my credits
Ain't no nigga BUT ME produce your first hit record
Junior shows (ova)
Ashamed in a crime
When your partners got time and you out here rhymin
Memph weak is (ova)
Tweeta Geda is (ova)
Little hoes went (ova)
Board y'all over I heard y'all (ova)
The radio (ova)
No, no no!
Y'all stupid, Free puff I thank ya
Too dumb to know that I shanked ya
Too young to know my gangsta
Hows life? Must be dead
Runnin reds round way you used to rest your head
A'yo I heard Malik got jooks
Word? A'yo I heard he got jooks again
Word ass nigga
Y'all hardly kill, and y'all hardly real
and ain't no such place as Marcyville
Your exposed you (ova)
Best believin, the best man speakin
Leavin your (?)
Your problems ain't (ova)
Your damaged par'
I couldn't shoot my brother unless he was beatin on mom
Yous a fake friend (ova)
My patience is (ova)
Your hate is flowin (ova)
Shit got you goin over caught amnesia you (ova)
Non believer you (ova)
Don't you know? No?
The bullshit is (ova)
The world is listenin
I'm the Gene Hackman in Heist
The game's Jason Richardson
Play cleaner hack me I'm right
Niggas chose yo' fate
Jaz-O in a golden state
Shows (ova)
I told ya (ova)
Hova? (ova)
Call me copter I ho-ver (ova)
Fo's roll (ova)
Play dead, no? No?
Me? Doubled a gift, none of the curse
Read by the best though weathered the worst
Street niggas savy second nature never reherse
Except for the verse
And there are classic, plastic bastards
Marcy the Foundation, the game is mastered
Some niggas are grown, some manufactured
Some pack ratchets, and clap you backwards
And some run track like faggots
Lets go!
Move yo' silly ass (ova)
Word to holme
No show at my video, you worthless holmes
These days shit is overly strange
Some nigga walkin round Brooklyn with a Roc-A-Fella piece and chain

[Chorus]

[Outro to fade]
Say somethin
Say somethin motha fucka
This Kingz County
This Jaz-O
Y'all know where I'm at
Lets be real about it
Y'all cant fuck with me

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2002, 11:54:06 AM »
damnn these lyrics are so boring lol, the poor guy needs attention

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2002, 12:12:44 PM »
ya'll muthafuckas dont know bout jaz-o huh.....this cat paved and made the way for jay-z, i mean for the love of god jay-z bit directly off his name....plus jaz-o got a track on tv bein played wit imobilarie thats pretty bangin.....but watch now that jaz-o is out there jay's gonna be watchin his neck, but jaz-o def aint whack, thats some funny shit if thats what ya'll think
peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2002, 12:30:59 PM »
man i wudnt say that was gud but y'all it aint wack either

memphis weak!....lmao shits funny

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2002, 12:39:45 PM »
i dislike jayz to no end...but...this jaz o character...whew...hes horrible...that single he got a video for is pure wack....this guy is such an og and brought jayz in the game...blah blah blah....if hes so tight like he tries to make it seem, then why is he barely coming up now?....man fuck this idiot....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2002, 02:01:00 PM »
I like jay z reply its got freeway and bleek on. Westwood played jaz o track then jiggas. He was sayin how jigga only recorded his on wednesday. They keep sayin that jaz o is too old too rap  ;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2002, 04:20:05 PM »
when you're looking at the words it doesnt look great, but it sounds much better than it looks... plus Jay's shot at Jaz was weak... he might as well be dissing his father, Jaz put him in the game.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2002, 10:41:55 PM »
whoa.. i don't really know who is actually the fake friend here..lol....first of all Jigga always credits JAZ on his albums on tracks and shit, even tho JAZ was basiclly long gone from the spotlight, i wonder why he ain"t dissed him like a year ago..lol..only after the battle wit NAS dude tries to blow up over his homie's BACK, he just can"t be happy for  jigga's sucsess, dude prolly got green cause the dude whom he put in da game is doing much much better than himself....anyway as for the diss, nothin very segnificant, lyrics sound whiny and all over the place, dude"s vocal  raps skillz dont sound very solid as well...he kinda sounds like DRE(lol), and the beat gets anoying real fast....
p.s
lol...i think JAZ is one of those people jigga could"ve adressed "aint no love" to.....:"you knew me be4 records never disrespected me now dat i"m sucsessfull you pull this shit"
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2002, 04:03:14 AM »

lol...i think JAZ is one of those people jigga could"ve adressed "aint no love" to.....:"you knew me be4 records never disrespected me now dat i"m sucsessfull you pull this shit"

I see that, I mean why bring it up now, a few months ago he was talking about how much love he got for Jay in The Source, and he put Jay on his new record, but still people need to realise that this guy isn't just someone out for the fame, no matter how much it might seem like he is, he's a big part of Jay's past, the past that got Jay into this game in the first place and he deserves props for that. This beef is pretty pointless on wax though, but that diss is not as bad as some of you are making out, "You know my credits, 'ain't no nigga' but me produce your first hit record", that line is clever-ish, lol. He's simply just letting everyone who didn't know what he's done for Jay and how 'betrayed' or whatever he feels.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2002, 07:19:46 AM »
it's weird tho, JAY was blown for a number of years now, always gives JAZ props in the credits and on tracks, JAZ claimed on some interview jigga refused to meat him or somethin, hmm dat's weird, if he wants to show how money took over jigga's loyalty than why the hell is he saying it now and not right after jigga first started to go multi platinum.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2002, 11:36:16 AM »
Im feelin this track, I dont really like tha joint that Jaz-O has out now thats gettin airplay on Rap City and shit like that, but this joint is pretty tight, I dont know if I like the voice sample of "Ova" or not but it might grow on me!! I dont have no reason to hate on this track...its a pretty solid track by Jaz-o imo!!!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2002, 01:56:06 PM »
BTW, can someone gimma the name the ROC reply to this diss is going under so I can look for it on AG or summit.