Author Topic: Brett Farve "asks" to be released  (Read 1033 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Brett Farve "asks" to be released
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 01:11:04 PM »
^ why is that funny

favre is past his prime  and isn't going to be playing in the same system and stadium he's been playing in for nearly 2 decades. he's past his prime.

Romo is still peaking.clutch time....romo or favre?hmmmm not a hard choice Palmer is still peakinghes BEEN peaking,hes not a bad qb but certainly not as good as you are claiming,plus lol @ cincy and the on going soap opera and shitty offense, Brees will probably have another excellent season. Big Ben will come up ....well BIGi like ben but what has he done the last couple of years to consider bein in the elite qbs?.  i just don't see Favre coming back and doing what he did last year that was a special yearpeople have been claiming hes fell off for years sayin hes done.yet he keeps comin back and gettin the job done...and the more days that go by, the more hours that pass, the more games brett endures, the more the other qb's in the league will surpass him.
hes old,i get it. does that mean he cant still play? just because he's not in his prime doesnt mean he still doesnt have something to offer. new system? fine,hes not a moron just cause he's 38. besides you dont think the team that picks him up wont cater to his style of play?. also why do you think GB doesnt want to let him go? A)they dont trust rodgers and want brett around to right a sinkin ship B)they want to get something for him,cause he still has value.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »
i don't know where people get off saying romo isn't clutch, he's made some incredible plays IN THE CLUTCH last season. he turned many of plays into golden plays. he missed a snap two years ago and was a centimeter away from the goal line and he's not clutch all of the sudden ....get the fuck outta here. and the cowboys lost lat year because of the special teams giving the giants the ball on the 50 every play and players not catching passes (i'm looking at you crayton) nothing romo didn't do.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYN4_KRGltk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYN4_KRGltk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 02:07:08 PM »
i don't know where people get off saying romo isn't clutch, he's made some incredible plays IN THE CLUTCH last season. he turned many of plays into golden plays. he missed a snap two years ago and was a centimeter away from the goal line and he's not clutch all of the sudden ....get the fuck outta here. and the cowboys lost lat year because of the special teams giving the giants the ball on the 50 every play and players not catching passes (i'm looking at you crayton) nothing romo didn't do.
yeah he muffed a hold..big deal,shit happens. but he will forever have the tag that he cant be trusted in clutch situations...why? cause he hasnt proved shit. what has romo really done to get people to jock him like this? lol its comedy

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »
lol ^^^ you can't be serious. if you have to ask that question then you don't watch football. peyton manning has "choked" more in the playoffs than romo  but that doesn't mean i'd put brad  Johnson above manning pre 2007...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »
manning has proved that he can get it done,which romo has yet to do. is he a good qb? absolutely..but the media and cowboy fans in particular over rate him so much is laughable. i dont mean he has to win a ring,im just saying.win a playoff game,come through in crunch time before people put him in the manning,brady,favre convo's......

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
Favre>>Youre fav NFL Qb

career wise or right now?

right now there's 7 or 8 QB's i'd take over FAvre.

career wise, i'd take Otto Graham (this guy played 10 years, and played in 10 championship games, winning 7), johnny unitas, fran tarkenton, joe montana and john elway over favre.  and peyton manning will break favre's records soon.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:56 PM »
Favre>>Youre fav NFL Qb

lol please share

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 10:55:30 PM »
Favre>>Youre fav NFL Qb

lol please share

brady
brees
bulger
garrard
manning
manning
palmer
roethlesburger
romo the homo

compare Favre's last 3-4 years to these guys...how can you say he's better???

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 11:23:14 PM »
Favre>>Youre fav NFL Qb

lol please share

brady
brees
bulger
garrard
manning
manning
palmer
roethlesburger
romo the homo

ive always thought Favre was overrated. ESPN for some reason was just in love with him. Im sure its the good ol boy image. BUT, i dunno about that list man lol. When you say RIGHT now, im not sure if you mean...for one season, or for your teams future. Hard to compare Romo to Favre when Favre has 2 good years left at best. Also, it depends on the team. A team like the Pats is obviously better off with Brady. But a team like Atlanta would highly benifet from a player like Favre. A playmaker, who can win the game damn near on his own. Big Ben isnt gonna win anything on his own lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
Favre>>Youre fav NFL Qb

lol please share

brady
brees
bulger
garrard
manning
manning
palmer
roethlesburger
romo the homo

ive always thought Favre was overrated. ESPN for some reason was just in love with him. Im sure its the good ol boy image. BUT, i dunno about that list man lol. When you say RIGHT now, im not sure if you mean...for one season, or for your teams future. Hard to compare Romo to Favre when Favre has 2 good years left at best. Also, it depends on the team. A team like the Pats is obviously better off with Brady. But a team like Atlanta would highly benifet from a player like Favre. A playmaker, who can win the game damn near on his own. Big Ben isnt gonna win anything on his own lol

man Big Ben last year was much better of a game manager and a QB than favre

big ben's won a ring within the last 10 years, favre hasn't

big ben carried the MIAMI OHIO team to the big time

anywho, Favre hasn't been the same ever since they lost that superbowl.   that AMAZING game winning catch by TO in 98,  throwing 5 INT's to the Rams, losing to Mike Vick at home, throwing that pick to the Giants in OT.

I am more confident in those 9 or whatever amount listed right now

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 12:47:58 AM »
look at his career..and last year he was amazing cuz he finally gad tha talent around him, the prior few years, he just tried to do to much and got in trouble, but u cant be serious about 8 qb's better. and jacob u cant GUarantee that there will be 7-8 qb's better, u dont know wats guna happen

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 08:22:24 AM »
look at his career..and last year he was amazing cuz he finally gad tha talent around him, the prior few years, he just tried to do to much and got in trouble, but u cant be serious about 8 qb's better. and jacob u cant GUarantee that there will be 7-8 qb's better, u dont know wats guna happen

we aren't discussing his career.

i said "right now"

look what Favre did at the end of last year!  losting to the Giants at home in OT with an INT like that.  thats not what Peyton, Brady, Eli etc. would do   (well ok Brady may, but thats because he chokes in big games now)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 08:23:23 AM »
LOL@not top 5, cmon Spice...Brady and Peyton I will give you, BUT THATS IT. Romo, maybe. But who would u deep down rather have for one game? Romo or Favre, spice? All hate aside..Be Honest..And Favre>>Palmer, Roth, And Brees.
2008 he had 28 tds 95.6 rating, 66% percent Completions, and 4200 yds and remember he had 8 weeks of no run game and they were still scoring 30 a game and he looked amazing all year. Hes still top 3 imo, if not you can at least argue it and he is DEF top 5...
Look at all the talent Palmer and Bress play with, and they still led there teams to avg seasons...

favre's line > cinci, pitt and NO's lines

your telling me FAVRE at age 50 is better than carson palmer???

playa please

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »
LOL@not top 5, cmon Spice...Brady and Peyton I will give you, BUT THATS IT. Romo, maybe. But who would u deep down rather have for one game? Romo or Favre, spice? All hate aside..Be Honest..And Favre>>Palmer, Roth, And Brees.
2008 he had 28 tds 95.6 rating, 66% percent Completions, and 4200 yds and remember he had 8 weeks of no run game and they were still scoring 30 a game and he looked amazing all year. Hes still top 3 imo, if not you can at least argue it and he is DEF top 5...
Look at all the talent Palmer and Bress play with, and they still led there teams to avg seasons...

playa please

hes not 50 but right now yes, FAVRE>>>PALMER
Did u watch Carson play last year, a bit dissapointing...

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:27 AM »

playa please

hes not 50 but right now yes, FAVRE>>>PALMER
Did u watch Carson play last year, a bit dissapointing...

who was Carson's RB?  oh thats right, rudi johnson and insert felon were non existant in 07 ;)

who were his WRs?  oh thats right, Mr. Skitzofranic Chad Johnson , TJ (no complaints) and Chris Henry who's wearing prison stripes rightn ow, not bengal stripes

man, if you put Palmer on GB last year and Brett on Cinci, Cinci goes 5-11 and GB still goes 12-4 or wahtever they were