Author Topic: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread  (Read 25036 times)

The Real Kilo2

THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:57 PM »
<a href="http://web.archive.org/web/20050326030111/www.deathrowrecords.net/countdown.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://web.archive.org/web/20050326030111/www.deathrowrecords.net/countdown.swf</a>
<a href="http://web.archive.org/web/20001019015258/www.deathrowrecords2000.com/artists/RollCall.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://web.archive.org/web/20001019015258/www.deathrowrecords2000.com/artists/RollCall.swf</a>

Okay, I have been gearing up for this for a while. This is something I have always wanted to do, to make the ULTIMATE Death Row thread or Death Row affiliates thread so with the death of a company and a lot of people's lively hood *gives a hard stare at some forum members*, but also the companies inner-workings are. I'll start with one to get Ed Capo/Tha Hustla to stop making threads about her since she has probably retired.

PARADISE - Made appearances on three soundtracks in which Death Row either was on or was in charge of.
                   - Also apparently signed to Long Play Music Group which was apparently a division of Fontana Distribution
                   - Possibly retired which is likely the case after you read below.

"Long Play Music Group are proud to announce the launch of their DVD by poker pro player "Evelyn", and Slick Sister debut album "Born to Borrow". Both projects will be available this summer, nationwide. Long Play are also producing new music for 2 artists signed to Death Row Records during the labels successful reign; Paradise, and V.K. The upcoming debut album release from V.K. ("Vanesha Knight") will be released through Long Play Music / Fontana this fall.

Visit Long Play Music on myspace;
www.myspace.com/lpmusicgroup"

The Myspace hasn't been active since 2007, the news apparently came from www.nobodysmiling.com which means someone pulled a trick on them. I checked with Fontana Distribution and there was NEVER a Long Play Music Group on their distribution. Check their roster by clicking here. This story is bogus, and I have a good idea who orchestrated this little news article because I talked with them for about three months and I know how they work. So to put it bluntly Hustla, she probably retired after 1996 since Death Row went into limbo.

NEXT: Tha Realest

If you guys have myths here add them, if you guys have stuff you'd like to share add it, pictures add them, information add it, I will be doing my part to reveal to you the real on Death Row.
  8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:07:44 AM by Killz »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
^^Props for the info and props for breaking some info to reduce Psycho Hustla from setting up threads...
+1
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
Tha Realest - Tenkamenin The Vigilante:

His start:

According to J. Flexx Tha Realest was discovered sometime in 1996 by K.C. who was/is J. Flexx's manager. This is according to the Mr. Makaveli interview, which had some amazing interviews I might add even if the Val Young interview was done by one of my friends (Props to you S.C.). You can view that interview by clicking here. However, Tha Realest made it seem like he only got his chance to go to Death Row when he met Suge and 2Pac in Las Vegas. Either way, by 2Pac's death he had taken 2Pac's apparent place on the power house that was The Untouchable Death Row Records. It's rather funny Snoop Dogg would also soon have a replacement to aid Tha Realest in taking over Death Row by the name of Young Gangsta Derek p.k.a. Top Dogg.

Allegations of stealing music:

I have heard from a good amount of people that Jevon/Tha Realest has stolen a good bit of 2Pac lyrics and music. One rumor which comes from a good friend of mine who we will call Q is that Tha Realest, Daz, Kurupt, and others raided the vaults a few days after 2Pac had died and made copies of all the 2Pac stuff inside. Apparently, Tha Realest had taken apparent 2Pac tracks and recorded over the ones he liked then erased 2Pac's vocals. It's kind of how ghost writing is done. Such songs that have apparently came of 2Pac lyrics are A Change To Come, Stand Strong, and They Wanna Be Like Us. No substantial proof has backed up these claims though. The only thing Tha Realest has been proven guilty of is jacking 2Pac's style and rapid fire delivery from time to time.

Swagger Jacking:

I couldn't get the image, but the Youtube should help you make up your mind.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qefwgReJEHI&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qefwgReJEHI&amp;hl</a>

The Shooting:

After the Kurupt record Callin' Out Names was released there was a bit of tension between the East Coast and the West Coast. The record was directed at such industry names as Ja Rule, DMX, Irv Gotti, and others. Apparently, one night while coming out of the studio after recording with The Dogg Pound, Tha Realest was shot in the foot via a drive by shooting while another man was killed. This was shooting was apparently inspired by the tension with the east coast.

Two articles by Yahoo:

The Shooting

The Aftermath

Leaving Death Row:

The reasons why Tha Realest left Death Row have been disputed many times such as him and Suge having problems or he got booted out by Suge for not representing Death Row to the fullest at an awards show. One story according to K9 was that Tha Realest changed his shirt to a white shirt from the casual Death Row red and then tucked his chain. K9 informed the leaders of Death Row of this and Tha Realest apparent got the boot. More stories coming soon.

Albums featured on while stranded on Death Row:

Tha Realest's Interviews:

Death Row Website Interview - Conducted by Miles aka Last Circle Faggot (That's by Tha Realest's staff)

MORE COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and NEXT: Mac Shawn!

Props go out to S.C, Q, and Steven Mark. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:22:57 AM by The Lo »

Kameroti

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:08:13 PM »
i can say kurupt didnt raid nothing and only has a handfull of pac shit. Ive talked to gotti on this situation plenty times

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
its funny you mention him biting Pac's lyrics, because I remember talking with a friend of mine while in college who had some connections to Death Row (he was from LA and knew people high up in the label), and he mentioned to me that "They wanna be like us" was originally a 2pac and Snoop song that was redone by Top Dogg and Tha Realest to piss off Snoop. I forget who the third person on that track was (which would have been replaced by Doobie).

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »
MAC SHAWN!:

Pre-Death Row:

Mac Shawn had made some what of a rapping career prior to Death Row with his group Funk Mobb which released their debut album in 1995. Not much is known about his time with this group, but it was short lived to say the least. Within less than three years after the release, Mac Shawn touched down on DPG Recordz which was a sub-label of Death Row Records.

DPG Recordz and the transition to Death Row:

DPG Recordz was a sub-label of Death Row formed by Daz Dillinger after his failed attempt at another label. Soon Daz and Suge started having problems and the label was dis-continued and Daz gave his artists the ultimatum to bounce with him or to stay with Suge. Artists like Crooked I and Mac Shawn chose to go with where the checks were coming from - Suge. Mac Shawn made his first debut on Death Row with the release Chronic 2000 and his last Death Row appearance on DPG 2002. Despite staying on Death Row, Mac Shawn apparently still managed to be friends with Daz according to some of the stuff Daz released on later compilations. However, that would not be the case with former Death Row inmate Snoop Doggy Dogg. Mac Shawn had accused Snoop of biting his style and slang. He even attacked him on Too Gangsta 4 Radio 2001 with these accusations. Nothing has ever been proven though.

After Death Row

Mac Shawn was apparently serving jail time until a few months ago. I have heard rumors of him getting out, but this is all just speculation. According to some people in the rap industry Mac Shawn is a snitch, but this is just pure and idol gossip. We will see when and if Mac Shawn resurfaces in rap.

COMING SOON CROOKED I!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:16:41 AM by The Lo »

Kilo4

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:57:35 PM »
any othe Mac Shawn photos?

D-Stress

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 04:34:07 AM »
Okay, I have been gearing up for this for a while. This is something I have always wanted to do, to make the ULTIMATE Death Row thread or Death Row affiliates thread so with the death of a company and a lot of people's lively hood *gives a hard stare at some forum members*, but also the companies inner-workings are. I'll start with one to get Ed Capo/Tha Hustla to stop making threads about her since she has probably retired.

PARADISE - Made appearances on three soundtracks in which Death Row either was on or was in charge of.
                   - Also apparently signed to Long Play Music Group which was apparently a division of Fontana Distribution
                   - Possibly retired which is likely the case after you read below.

"Long Play Music Group are proud to announce the launch of their DVD by poker pro player "Evelyn", and Slick Sister debut album "Born to Borrow". Both projects will be available this summer, nationwide. Long Play are also producing new music for 2 artists signed to Death Row Records during the labels successful reign; Paradise, and V.K. The upcoming debut album release from V.K. ("Vanesha Knight") will be released through Long Play Music / Fontana this fall.

Visit Long Play Music on myspace;
www.myspace.com/lpmusicgroup"

The Myspace hasn't been active since 2007, the news apparently came from www.nobodysmiling.com which means someone pulled a trick on them. I checked with Fontana Distribution and there was NEVER a Long Play Music Group on their distribution. Check their roster by clicking here. This story is bogus, and I have a good idea who orchestrated this little news article because I talked with them for about three months and I know how they work. So to put it bluntly Hustla, she probably retired after 1996 since Death Row went into limbo.

She Ainīt On The Roster?

Death Row Inmate: Paradise

http://rapidshare.com/files/128723808/Paradise-Down_With_My_Nigga.mp3.html Paradise-Down With My Nigga (Deep Cover)
Female-Gangsta Rap, Real Hardcore-Lyrics,Old School G-Shit Produced By Rhythm D And (DJ) Unknown
http://rapidshare.com/files/128725730/Paradise-Hoochies_Need_Love_Too.mp3.html Paradise-Hoochies Need Love Too (Above The Rim)
Smooth-Ass Track With Isley Brothers Sample,Female G-Funk Produced By: S "Bright Eyes" Riley,Suamana Brown Co-producer-Captain Curt
http://rapidshare.com/files/128727161/Paradise-Devotion.wma.html Paradise-Devotion (Gang Related)
Another Mellow-Track With Earth-Wind & Fire Sample G-Funkish Beat, RīnīB Feel To It Produced By: Les "Dr.Smoke" Pierce Of The Group "Colour Club".

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:42:39 AM by Ed Capo »

D-Stress

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:41:30 AM »
B-Rezell Was An RīnīB Project On Death Row, They Group Had Producer/Singer Hurt-Em-Badd And Prod. LT Hutton (Donīt Know About Other Members, Feel Free To Add) They Released 2 Cuts "Blowed Away" Which Was Produced By Devante Swing And Timbaland, And "Horny", Tracks Appeared On Above The Rim And Murder Was The Case Soundtracks.Maybe DeVante Swing Was Also Part Of The Group?

Rhythm & Knowledge?"U Bring Da Dog Out" Was Prod. By Sean "Barney" Thomas, Maybe It Was Him On The Vocals Too?Since Heīs Singing?Yīall Heard His Cut With J-Flexx On "Christmas On Death Row" Called "Party 4 Da Homies" Where, Heīs Singing.

BGOTI-Bad Girls Of The Industry

The Members I Know Of Are: Uneqīka & Oobie.Uneqīka Is Still Makin Music, She Has An Youtube & Myspace Page, Oobie Was Working With Too $hort And LilīJon Last Time I Heard Of Her.BGOTI Appeared On Gridlockīd And Gang Related Soundtracks, Also On Lady Of Rageīs "Confessions" From The "Nessecery Rougness" Album.
Who Are Other Members Of BGOTI?

6 Feet/6 Feet Deep
Male RīnīB Group On Death Row, The Members Were Tall And Thatīs Why They Have Names Like:
6-2,6-6,6-8 And 6-9 They Appeared On Gang Related Soundtrack And On Christmas On Death Row Album.They Have A Video With BGOTI & Guess Called "Silent Night".6 Feet Deep Also Appeared On Nate Doggīs "Crazy, Dangerous", 2Pacīs "Ballad Of A Dead Soldier", 6-2 Appeared On 2Pacīs "Life Of An Outlaw",6-9 Appeared On "U Can Be Touched (OG)".6-9 And 6-2 Also Collaborated With Tha Relativez On Tha Relativez "The Takeover" Album.Itīs Rumoured That 6 Feet Deep Also Appeared On Mark Morissonīs Death Row Album.6-9 (Real Name: Christopher Harvest) Was Married w/ Actress Vivica A. Fox.6-9

Guess(s)

Remember The Song By 2DV Off Gang Related OST?
Yes, Theyīre The Same Group As Guess (From "Christmas On Death Row")
They Have An Album Released Under The Name "Guesss" (3 Sīs) But Suge Signed Them Under The Name Guess (2 Sīs) Because, They Where On Warner Bros. And Suge Couldnīt Sign Them Under The "Guesss" Name, So He Dropped 1 "S" From The Name.
DJ Pooh Remixed Their Song "Itīs You That I Need".Guess(s) Also Appeared On Jewellīs Unreleased Album.
They Also Have A Video With BGOTI And 6 Feet Deep "Silent Night".GuesssīAlbum
Released On Warner Bros.

To Be Continiued...

P.S. Kilo, Correct Me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:57:26 AM by Ed Capo »

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 06:52:08 AM »
You are almost correct on all that.  8) I don't believe any of 6 Feet Deep was on Mark's album though.

Kameroti

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »
i think they wanna be like us was pac, snoop and gotti, i can swear i remember hearing the song with gotti and pac on it.... ill have to ask him

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 07:58:31 AM »
Nice thread props Kilo.

Now let's keep this free of aim convos and any other bullshit and nonsense and we got ourselves a DR related thread interesting enough to make it worthwhile.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 07:59:11 AM »
Props on the thread, keep the info coming.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »
Crooked I

COMING SOON!!!!

- NOTE: I am fixing this one up later. Crooked I is a 2Pac type. Too much information.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:07:41 AM by Killz »

D-Stress

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
You are almost correct on all that.  8) I don't believe any of 6 Feet Deep was on Mark's album though.

i dont know man, i say what ive read about the album of mark morrison.
you canīt add something on my infos?like who were the otha people in b-rezell and BGOTI?
its funny you mention him biting Pac's lyrics, because I remember talking with a friend of mine while in college who had some connections to Death Row (he was from LA and knew people high up in the label), and he mentioned to me that "They wanna be like us" was originally a 2pac and Snoop song that was redone by Top Dogg and Tha Realest to piss off Snoop. I forget who the third person on that track was (which would have been replaced by Doobie).
Dope.Never knew it.thx.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:57:48 AM by Ed Capo »