Author Topic: A Rod passes Mantle at 32  (Read 146 times)

thisoneguy360

A Rod passes Mantle at 32
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

TORONTO -- Alex Rodriguez hit his 537th career home run on Saturday afternoon to move past Yankees great Mickey Mantle for sole possession of 13th place on the all-time Major League home run list.

Rodriguez's blast came in the top of the fourth inning off Blue Jays reliever Brian Tallet. The 32-year-old third baseman worked the count to 3-2 before lining a ball off the foul pole in left field for his 19th home run of the season.

Rodriguez tied Mantle with a second-inning home run on July 6 against Boston's Tim Wakefield. His long ball off Tallet represented his first extra-base hit since he pulled even with Mantle.

Rodriguez is now 11 home runs behind Phillies legend Mike Schmidt, who is 12th on the all-time list with 548 home runs.

Entering Saturday, Rodriguez was hitting .313 with 18 home runs and 52 RBIs in 74 games.

I still remember the 19 year old kid that was the first to jump on Griffey after he scored the winning run leading us to our first ALCS. Dude broke out the next year and hasn't looked back since. Although he left Seattle on terrible terms I give dude big time props and I know there's much more to come.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A Rod passes Mantle at 32
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
He's an animal.  He KILLED that ball, on a rope, I thought it was going foul but just stayed in there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
greatest hitter ever! hes takin bonds record w/o a doubt. (unless injury...knock on wood lol)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
babe ruth wasnt out there chamillitary ;)

but yeah alex is one of the GOAT's
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 03:21:13 PM »
He's an animal.  He KILLED that ball, on a rope, I thought it was going foul but just stayed in there.

yeah he kills em all
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:31:01 PM »
Props to A-Rod