Author Topic: rapidshare have taken it too far now.  (Read 338 times)

Westcoastfanatic

IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re: rapidshare have taken it too far now.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 04:36:15 AM »
Still sometimes with the stupid cat/dog code thing, but that's not on top of what they're doing now.

They're forcefully keeping your download speeds to a minimum now if you choose free user and not a premium one.

There was an option to choose free with a speedometer above the free option showing the speed to be slow.

And of course there's premium with a revved out speedometer.

Obviously i chose the free one, now back in the day they used to use the premium gimmick just so you could use their service more often. The speed of downloads was at a good level on most times even during the 'rush' hour. (when they make you wait more than an hour to download again)

Right now as we speak, my speed has been reduced to 44 - 48KB/s. There's nothing wrong with my internet right now because before that i was breezing through files on Mediashare, Megaupload etc. For the record i am on broadband.

Rapidshare fell off  :-\  >:(

i thought rapidshare was in the business of making money...not handing out free bandwidth.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: rapidshare have taken it too far now.
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
Still sometimes with the stupid cat/dog code thing, but that's not on top of what they're doing now.

They're forcefully keeping your download speeds to a minimum now if you choose free user and not a premium one.

There was an option to choose free with a speedometer above the free option showing the speed to be slow.

And of course there's premium with a revved out speedometer.

Obviously i chose the free one, now back in the day they used to use the premium gimmick just so you could use their service more often. The speed of downloads was at a good level on most times even during the 'rush' hour. (when they make you wait more than an hour to download again)

Right now as we speak, my speed has been reduced to 44 - 48KB/s. There's nothing wrong with my internet right now because before that i was breezing through files on Mediashare, Megaupload etc. For the record i am on broadband.

Rapidshare fell off  :-\  >:(

i thought rapidshare was in the business of making money...not handing out free bandwidth.

Oh thanks for pointing that out. I really didn't notice that  ::) all that promotion into premium user business.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"