Author Topic: T.I. Unveils 'Abstract' Album Cover For Upcoming Paper Trail To MTV News  (Read 556 times)

Lunatic

T.I. is going avant-garde on his new LP, Paper Trail — and that's not just in regard to the music we'll hear. Tip revealed the cover of the September 9 release to MTV News on Monday (July 14). It features a conceptual drawing of the potent MC made of scraps of paper.

"We didn't want to just do a typical cover, especially for my sixth album," T.I. told us via e-mail. "I wanted to try something a little more different. The illustration for Paper Trail pays an obvious homage to my rekindled affinity for writing my lyrics down as well as displays my commitment to keep my art slanted towards the abstract."

Several days ago, Tip's camp released a two-fisted dose of his music: the street record "What Up" and his next single, "Swing Your Rag." The latter was produced by Swizz Beatz, and Drumma Boy (Young Jeezy and Kanye West's "Put On," Rocko's "Umma Do Me") supplied the beat for "What Up."

"Tip is just spitting about what he stands for, how he feels," Drumma said about his collaboration. "He's saying, 'What up? Everybody is talking. What up to all my haters.' We're just giving the customer what they want. Accomplishing our mission."

Right after T.I. drops his LP in the fall, he'll start filming "Bone Deep" with Idris Elba and Chris Brown. The movie focuses on gentleman thugs with a flair for fashion and firearms who rob banks.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

lol weird and weak ass cover btw

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sweeet album cover, hope albums just as creative/original. *moves up aniticipation list*

Al Bundy

i think the cover is dope.

smegma

That's a dope cover.

Lunatic

i get what y'all sayin bout it bein dope, just looks cheap to me.

AnybodyKilla

Its ight!!!

West Coast Veteran

dope cover.. its called paper trail and his face is made up of sheets of paper with his lyrics on it.. nice and creative.. better than him standing in front of a car or whatever with guns and what not..

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
dope cover.. its called paper trail and his face is made up of sheets of paper with his lyrics on it.. nice and creative.. better than him standing in front of a car or whatever with guns and what not..
co sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

smegma

By the way... Does MTV not know what abstract is? You can clearly see it's T.I. on the cover ::)

Abstract art is art that does not depict objects in the natural world, but instead uses colour and form in a non-representational way.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
thats stupid

i liked where he ewas going in the mags with the walls with writing on them

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Right after T.I. drops his LP in the fall, he'll start filming "Bone Deep" with Idris Elba and Chris Brown. The movie focuses on gentleman thugs with a flair for fashion and firearms who rob banks.

Sounds like an SNL skit

OchoCinco

i think that shits pretty tight

KURUPTION-81

Great idea but could have been done better

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson